Re: Buddhism

  • tee green
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2007
      Hi Zoey,

      Buddhism is a non-theistic religion and philosophy. I also heard it referred to as the religion for atheists. LOL

      I am new to Buddhism and am still exploring - I've ordered some books and have rented some of the Dalai Lama's DVDs. Right now, I'm working on understanding the Four Noble Truths- they explain suffering, the cause of suffering, the cessation of suffering and the way leading to the cessation of suffering. Then there is the Noble Eightfold Path and it builds on from there. I have to laugh when I think back on those wacky discourses. What the He** was I thinking?!? Try it sometime-like a taste comparison. : ))

      Hope this helps,

      Kaye

      Finding fabulous fares is fun.