Re: Some of My Thoughts on Conspiracy Theories, Etc.

  • Freefrom
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 4, 2005
      Truth Decider,

      I can very much identify with what you say about the "black hole
      of self-hate" and how this affects our ability to steer clear of
      different KULTs etc.. When I get into these states I find that
      sometimes there is a kind of double bind of hating yourself for hating
      yourself. It may sound ridiculous, but for me it can be a real
      dillemma. THis is just my experience, but I have noticed that once I
      recognize that I am doing this and that I am repeating a pattern that
      I too was forced into from childhood, then there is a sense of
      spaciousness as I realize that I can open to all of my feelings. This
      in itself promotes a sense of feeling better, well being. We don't
      really have to prove ourselves to anyone, unless we are claiming to be
      a LEM or something like that. :-)

      Best

      Freefrom

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "truthdecider"

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 5, 2005
        Hi, Truthdecider!

        I want to respond to your post, but I can assure you that I can't
        answer your questons--that's a certain! : )

        <truthdecider@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Prometheus, Ingrid, and Mish,
        >
        > Mish, forgive me, but at this point, my responding to the points
        that
        > you made in your David Icke post would be rather pointless, as my
        > thinking on this whole thing has shifted dramatically, as you will
        see.

        This is just as well, because I don't know if I really wanted to go
        into more discussion on Icke--I needed a break! : ) I can see in
        your post here that you have been thinking a lot which is good. It's
        funny how one can see something one way, and then after some new
        thought, see it another. Ever shifting and normal way to look at
        life and what is going on. I'm not certain if or when we ever get it
        all figured out.

        > I was away the past 2 days enjoying some wonderful time with
        family,
        > and a huge Fourth of July party. However, in spite of all the fun
        and
        > festivities, it has been occurring to me, much to my dismay, that I
        > still seem to have a tremendous aptitude for extreme self-
        deception. I
        > mean, I know who I am, on some very deep and fundamental levels,
        but I
        > still seem to have an almost amazing knack for getting sucked into
        > "spiritual" kinds of teachings that, temporarily anyway, give me
        > something to hold onto that fills a very large black hole of self
        hate
        > that still exists inside of me, which has been there since early
        > childhood.

        You are a truth seeker so of course you are checking out all kinds
        of spiritual teachings. I don't think that is a bad thing--more
        people should be into the spiritual. It is the most important aspect
        of our life.

        > I lived through some pretty heavy emotional and physical abuse
        during
        > very early childhood. This damaged my formative years quite
        severely,
        > and led to drug abuse and addiction throughout adolescence and my
        teen
        > years. What completely pulled me out of this was Eastern religion,
        > martial arts, and, by far, most extensively, Eckankar. Connecting
        with
        > the light and sound, and the Eck masters healed me in ways that I
        am
        > still eternally grateful for.

        I'm glad that Eckankar could help you in this regard. I have heard
        many people express this as well. I feel so sad when I hear about
        people who were abused as children, and I wish there were more
        protection for children in our society.

        > However, after enjoying an all to brief period in my early
        twenties,
        > when, for the first time in my life, I truly felt healed and whole,
        > and full of genuine self love, the whole Darwin thing came crashing
        > down around me. This was, of course, in the early 1980s.
        >
        > I never really was able to find that same center inside myself with
        > the Eck teachings that I had found for that brief time after the
        whole
        > Darwin crash happened. I trudged along as best I could, and
        constantly
        > tried to find that again. Life was still much, much better than it
        > had been before I first found Eckankar, but I had lost that deep
        sense
        > of balance and self love that I had so enjoyed for that brief time.

        It was because of the doubt you developed early on in the org., I
        believe. Many people were not troubled by the Darwin/Harold event
        and just kept believing. Your intuitive senses were aware of the red
        flags here, it seems. You still wanted to believe because the belief
        had helped to balance you, and perhaps you feared going back to
        square one if you let go of the belief.

        > Then in the late 80s, I encountered first hand, very direct,
        dramatic,
        > experiences with UFOs, and then, subsequently, encounters with very
        > nasty people that wished to silence me from discussing these
        > experiences, or asking too many questions about them. This was in
        no
        > way self-delusional, as these kinds of things were experienced by
        > literally hundreds of people in New York's Hudson Valley area
        during
        > this time. There are 3 books written about all of this that are
        > available on Amazon.com, but all of this is another story for
        another
        > post at some other time.

        I am looking forward to hear about this experience.

        > In any event, it was these experiences that led to reading books by
        > David Icke, and a host of others, to try and understand just what
        the
        > hell was going on with all of this stuff. It really shook to me to
        my
        > core to learn first hand that there really are technologies that go
        > way beyond the laws of physics as we know them, and more
        importantly,
        > that I really didn't have a lot of the freedoms that I had been
        led to
        > believe that I had as an American citizen. That there were really
        > people out there that would threaten to kill me if I would not
        shut up
        > about what I had seen. If you haven't lived through these kinds of
        > experiences, then it is very difficult to understand what I really
        > mean, and what this does to you.

        I majored in history/government in college, and learned how most
        people do not understand what their real right are, or the lack of
        rights! How government works, in other words.

        > So I guess my question for you guys is: What the hell IS out
        there, in
        > your opinion, that you can trust and work with, in addition to your
        > own higher selves, that is of a spiritual nature? I mean, you all
        seem
        > to be aware that higher spiritual realities do exist, and that
        there
        > is some truth to the fact that our government is not what it is
        > cracked up to be, which I certainly know first hand. But if
        Cassiopia,
        > David Icke, HCS, Eckankar, Michael Owens, and all the rest are just
        > more lies and traps, than what is out there that is real and
        > trustworthy?

        Truthdecider, the truth, as I see it, is what you perceive to be the
        truth. In other words, it is not other people's spins but what you
        are able to decipher and learn. If you are an honest individual,
        which I think you are, you should be able to trust your own beliefs--
        until they are no longer valid for you, that is. You don't need
        others to tell you what to think. Will you make mistakes or be
        mistaken? Of course, but you will be on the right course in finding
        the spiritual truths you are looking for. So, what is out there for
        you to believe in--it's you!

        Because, very sadly, even though I KNOW I AM SOUL on some
        > very deep level, my mind just doesn't seem to be able to learn to
        let
        > me love myself enough to not need some sort of external support
        system
        > at this point.
        >
        > I know that I am not the mind, and that I should be able to just
        not
        > be affected by it, and just move past it, and trust the real me,
        Soul.
        > However, the self-hate engrams that are still part of the mind seem
        > way too strong at times to let me do this.
        >
        > I have tried going to counseling on three separate occasions
        within
        > the last few years, but that has not worked out at all. The kind of
        > issues that I bring to the table seem to be way outside the scope
        of
        > what these therapists know how to deal with. I have literally blown
        > them all away, in one way or another, and I end up needing to stop
        going.

        It is good that you recognize this problem and that you are trying
        to find solution to it. I wish I could help you, beyond telling you
        that you are a very kind, loving and valuable Soul!

        > I am at a loss, and I feel very frustrated and tired at this
        point. I
        > really don't know where to turn anymore. I hope that someone out
        there
        > can say something that will help guide me in the right direction.

        I'm glad that others have commented and offered some suggestions for
        you. I hope your frustration and fatigue are short-lived. I do know
        that laughter and fun is good therapy, especially when one is
        feeling down. Funny movies, joyful times with friends and family.
        And then there are people here open to discussion! : )

        Sorry I can't offer more than this. Your question, even though a
        good one, is difficult! I like your posts!

        Mish
      • l2eigh
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 6, 2005
          > So I guess my question for you guys is: What the hell IS out there, in
          > your opinion, that you can trust and work with, > I am at a loss, and
          I feel very frustrated and tired at this point. I
          > really don't know where to turn anymore. I hope that someone out there
          > can say something that will help guide me in the right direction.

          Hi Truthdecider:
          When I started posting on HCS/TS last year it was as R.
          After a couple of months I quit because there was nothing else to say.
          Then in January, Garland Peck posted something about Neanderthal Man
          and why Lemuria/Atlantis was bogus so I got interested again and posted
          this time in my first and last name Ralph Griffith, so... we "know" one
          another.
          I'm just responding to a couple of sentences from your
          post. Because (like the problem you outline) you can't bring it all
          inside and get an answer to it, find "the answers". You HAVE to get
          back to the core(that rocky road)and work with that. Letting all of
          these other things go. I'd go back to therapy and talk about your
          childhood problems (only) (if that's what everything is wound around).
          "What the hell is there out there to work with?" (as
          you say). There isn't anything. That's mistake one. It just widens and
          exascerbates the problem with your core, which is where the problem is
          and what the problem is with. You've GOT to find it again, resolve the
          rocky road of integrity for this small thing within you and DON'T let
          anything into it again. That's how this, all this thing, starts.
          There's the core (yours) and "everything else". And when you try to
          throw your arms around "everything else" and bring it into the core to
          resolve it, understand it (whatever)that's when everything goes wrong.
          Widening and expanding it just makes it worse. You may have delusional
          success at learning "higher stuff" for a while but the consequences of
          bringing all the outside into your center eventually catches up.
          Don't get me wrong, I like everyone in this group a lot
          but the only thing anyone can do with groups like this, usenet groups,
          bulletin boards, or find on them is an opinion, what serves as truth
          for the person posting. The answer's not "out there". There is no
          answer like that. What you've got to do is get back in touch with the
          tiny core of reality within yourself which is probably going to mean
          you've got to let go of all this other stuff, everything else.
          I'm going through some heavy stuff myself, now so I've
          stayed out of this, as I sure have enough on my own plate. But what
          you've said in this post I'm responding to is pretty specific in a
          couple of sentences. So, I don't know if it helps, but do what you can,
          and leave all this other poo alone. It just increases your own
          traumatic stress. Don't you think?
        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 6, 2005
            Hello Ralph,

            great that it's you!! :-) When I first saw the e-mail address, I
            thought of you, because you had posted as "Igrif" on the BBs as
            well.But then I dismissed this thought. I know of course that "R"
            and "Ralph Griffith" are one and the same. :-)

            So, I'm happy to have you here!
            Ingrid

            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 6, 2005
              Nice post! And like Ingrid said, good you are here!

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 6, 2005
                Hello Truthdecider,

                I think you have received excellent help from both the members here
                and on ET. Mish makes some very good points - I would have said many
                of it, too! :-) So that leaves me just some short remarks.

                To self-hate: A technique that helped me a lot was when I wrote a
                letter to myself, imagining how it would have been perfect for me.
                This was a very powerful tool and helped change my past a bit. Of
                course I wasn't an abused child or anything like that, just had
                the "normal difficult" childhood.

                I can confirm that Bach remedies help a lot to overcome
                psychological issues. I took them, too and they helped me greatly. I
                am planning to have a horoscope done, just to know where I am at the
                moment because it's an image of my personal progress.

                Basically, you can choose any therapy or remedy you want, the most
                important thing is to be in tune with the therapy or remedy you
                choose. No matter if you choose Bach flowers, homeopathy, books that
                deal with special questions and issues you have, kinesiology, NLP,
                etc. etc. - just tune in and enjoy what you are doing. And when you
                feel that you have got what you needed, then just move on, and no
                regrets.

                Concerning your spiritual search, please go on - it's so important
                to continue. I don't see the paths you tried as failures - you
                learned from each of them. If you are interested in people like
                Icke - that's ok because he will teach you what you need. I think
                it's much more important to move on when it's done. So please,
                please, don't be angry with yourself because everything is in
                perfect order. I can see that you are absolutely open to life and to
                other perspectives, and that's wonderful.

                Happy moving on ...
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 6, 2005
                  Hi Truthdecider,

                  It seems like the responses and advice to this post of yours were
                  very good. There are many resources that can be looked at to
                  discover what one needs in order to find one's own inner truth. Life
                  is difficult at various times for everyone, and sensitive people and
                  spiritual seekers have it much more difficult than those controlled
                  by their egos. But one should never give up, and never surrender!
                  And yet one must give up and surrender the things that prevent us
                  from growing and knowing who we truly are and why we are truly here.
                  One must also discover these truths on their own (mostly) and not
                  through another's truth. We can help each other, but only up to a
                  certain point. The responsibility to live, share and discover life's
                  mysteries and meaning lies without and within each Soul. In some
                  respects as long as one does no harm (at all) to others or to
                  oneself then that makes any experience into a spiritual lesson. You
                  must relax and enjoy the journey and not be in such a rush. There is
                  no race to God-Realization because God-Realization is in the clarity
                  of the moment. If one rushes around desparately looking here and
                  there then one can miss seeing the subtlies and changes that help us
                  see through the illusions. Yes it is all illusion, but there is also
                  the reality of Truth surrounding the illusion. The fact that you are
                  honest with yourself and have doubts and questions shows that your
                  ego is not so strong as to blind you from higher Truth. I think that
                  you are closer to answering your own questions than you think.

                  Prometheus

                  Truthdecider said:
                  >>So I guess my question for you guys is: What the hell IS out
                  there, in your opinion, that you can trust and work with, > I am at