Re: Back home, and back to life....

  • tomleafeater
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
      Hi Liz,

      Your shared personal anecdotes are excellent.

      Much of what you've related parrallels my experience, especially
      the part about emptying your mind of everything and starting
      anew. This is exactly what I did as well. And the McKenna quotes
      are almost identical to my own views.

      I think sharing these insights are possibly one of the most
      effective ways to dispell the notions eckists have of eckankar,
      and of high initiates, and you and I know that such experiences
      are similar to those of so many others, based on personal
      conversations and observations of the personal lives of H.I.s.

      It takes courage to share these experiences, since we have
      seem the smears that some eckists will resort to for damage
      control.

      Kent

      "ewickings" <ewickings@...> wrote:

      > Back home, and back to life....
      >
      > Several months after receiving my 6th initiation, I was asked to
      become an
      > ESA.
      >
      > I had been doing Initiations for a few years. (I only did 3) Each
      time I
      > would do an Initiation, it felt as if my body was burning up from
      the inside
      > out. I would end the ceremony with what looked like a sun
      burn on my cheeks
      > ... Must have been the effects of being embarrassed
      (liberated) from
      > knowing the truth about these initiations. I gave my ex
      husband his 3rd in
      > 1999; that was to be the last one I would agree to do!
      >
      > I was sincere about being a clear and honest channel for the
      eck. I wanted
      > to help others as an ESA. So I spent a good amount of time
      studying the
      > material. After I good amount of time of several weeks of study,
      I put the
      > ESA material down, looked at it one last time and put it away.
      >
      > I was listed in the eck newsletter as an ESA. Received my first
      call for
      > assistance by a young man who was very upset about
      something he heard about
      > eckankar, and when he approached an HI in his local area, he
      was attacked
      > verbally for questioning. He shared he was also being
      attacked on the inner
      > by this HI. He wanted to know how to protect himself from this
      HI?!

      > First I appologised, and told him I was not doing ESAs. Then
      we spoke for
      > about an hour, of which I will not go into details.
      >
      > The following day I notified the newsletter editor to remove my
      name and
      > phone number from the list of Initiators / ESAs. I was slowly
      removing
      > myself from the duties of Local Director, Media Rep., etc....
      LOL We
      > wore many hats in our area!
      >
      > I remained an active eckists for several more years. Spent
      most of those
      > last years away from the pigeon holes the other members tried
      to place me in
      > And all the while, still working on me....
      >
      > By Oct 2002 I had received my membership renewal, but didn't
      do anything
      > with it. By April 2003 I was feeling as if it was time to walk away
      (but
      > renewed my membership anyway) but no one I spoke with,
      except my new husband
      > of 2 1/2 years could relate to what I was experiencing. Most of
      my eckists
      > friends stopped calling or hanging out. I was questioning
      openly, and that
      > didn't go over very well. By end of July I told my husband I
      couldn't do
      > this anymore. I put into motion turning in everything I in storage
      or was
      > using relating to my duties as an HI / local eckists. By Sept.
      2003 I had
      > faxed my resignation letter to ESC. It was around then that an
      eckists
      > friend had contacted me via email and said hey Liz I have been
      reading you
      > on the eck chat groups, and I know what you are going through.
      SHe
      > recommended I read the book "Spiritual Enlightenment, The
      Damndest Thing" by