Re: HK: On the Road in a Broken Car

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
      Hi Mish & Liz,
      You both make some good points about Klemp's instability.
      I find it interesting reading HK's Autobiography where he
      calls himself a "Modern Prophet" and that he changes his story
      about why he first went to the Lutheran School/Seminary.

      HK: "But the stranger's doubtful gaze made me review that
      position. So I made a quick run-through of the memory track
      and came up with the reason, a trite and petty one: it was
      actually because my cousin, for years the only other person
      in my grade-school class, was going to be a minister. That
      meant he was going to leave home for church school in the
      city. How unthinkable to break up our long friendship just
      because of that. So I decided to enroll there too." [pgs.4-5]

      On pages 2-3 Klemp states: "Five years ago, at age thirteen,
      I decided to be a minister... the preministerial school offered
      a better, all-around education for my future mission as the
      Mahanta, the Living ECK Master--the inner and outer spiritual
      guide for many--than did our country high school."

      It seems one side of Klemp is more truthful and in touch with
      reality than his other (KAL) side which is more imaginative and
      delusional via a Messiah/God complex. Unfortunately, the positive
      and more truthful side of Klemp seems to have become more
      surpressed over the years, due to Klemp acting 'as if' he (Paul's
      Mahanta Con) was the greatest consciousness known to mankind.

      ON ANOTHER NOTE: Didn't Klemp screw up when he created the
      Astral Library explanation (hoax)? Sure, except ECKists don't see
      it. How can Seminar or Book topics be kept in the Astral Library
      on the Astral (emotional) Plane? These should be in the MENTAL
      (Plane) LIBRARY! The Lower Astral Vibrational Rate would NOT
      allow these finer vibrational thoughts and concepts, of the Mental
      Plane, to be "stored" in an Astral Library system. Really, think about
      it. It's not like these Astral Plane Manuscripts are stored as they
      are on the Physical Plane! It just doesn't work this way, and most
      ECKists when giving this some thought will understand that's HK
      made it all up. Apparently HK doesn't want to use the Catch-22
      rule all of the time or else someone might wise up and see it!

      Prometheus

      Elizabeth wrote:

      mishmisha wrote:

      HK: On the Road in a Broken Car

      > <snip>
      HK:
      "After lunch the manager gave us some bad news. The brake job in
      Las Vegas a week earlier had been done wrong. The repair would cost
      exactly the amount of rent money in my pocket. But even one brief
      meeting with my new landlady had convinced me she was an unbending
      individual. A hard case, especially when it came to tenants with bad-
      luck stories instead of cash on rent day. She was renting the place
      for profit, not charity.

      So I knew the money in my wallet had better be in her hands come
      nightfall, or my wife and I could look for another home. I was torn.
      It seemed the rent money was on a trading block. The side with the
      best argument would get the jackpot. The mechanic wanted the money
      and only needed my OK to proceed with the repairs. But our dour
      landlady had been promised the money for rent the night we arrived.

      Choices in life sometimes appear to be no choice at all. This was
      such a time. Common sense said, `Fix the brakes! Live moment to
      moment. What good is money if you have a wreck?' My next paycheck
      was a week away, and no more rent money would be forthcoming before
      then."

      > <snip>
      HK:
      "The service-station crew watched in disbelief as we climbed into
      the car to continue our journey. The backseat was packed right up to
      the ceiling. The console between the front seats was jammed full of
      odds and ends, and the floor on my wife's side had food and drinks
      for the road. The car was snug, like the cockpit of a jet fighter—
      and just as lethal.

      The drive to Orange County in an overloaded car without brakes was
      a nightmare."

      > **** This is a classic sign of someone under stress and needing to
      > make a choice. Usually people with mental disorders can not handle
      > stress well, and can make very risky choices.
      >
      > Bipolar Disorder
      >
      > Symptoms
      >
      > Bipolar disorder causes extreme mood swings, from feeling overly
      > energetic (mania) to feeling very sad or having low energy
      > (depression).3
      >
      > Mania may cause a person to:
      >
      > Feel extremely happy or very irritable. Have a very *high
      opinion of him*- or herself (inflated self-esteem).

      Not need as much sleep as usual (may feel rested after 3 hours of
      sleep). Talk more than usual. Be more active than usual.

      Have *difficulty concentrating* due to having too many thoughts at
      once (racing thoughts). Be *easily distracted by sights and sounds*.

      *Act impulsively or do reckless things*, such as go on shopping
      sprees, *drive recklessly*, get into *foolish business ventures*, or
      have frequent, indiscriminate, or unsafe sex.

      **** Recall the episodes where he thinks he should jump off a bridge
      to show his devotion, or running through and airport naked! What do
      these things mean? Surely NOT an individual experiencing tests to
      Mastership or God Realization! Recall a couple years ago at the
      World Wide Seminar where he got off on to the topic of suicide? HE
      sure sounded lithargic, depressed and it seemed as if he were
      encouraging suicide if someone just can't handle life, illness etc...

      > Bipolar Disorder
      >
      > When To Call a Doctor

      If you have bipolar disorder, call 911 or other emergency services
      if you:

      Think you cannot stop from harming yourself. Hear voices.
      Want to commit suicide, or you know someone who has mentioned
      wanting to commit suicide.

      Warning signs of suicide include:

      Use of illegal drugs or drinking alcohol heavily.
      Talking, writing, or drawing about death, including writing suicide
      notes and speaking of items that can cause physical harm, such as
      pills, guns, or knives.
      Spending long periods of time alone.
      Giving away possessions.
      Aggressive behavior or suddenly appearing calm.

      Initial treatment:
      The first treatment for bipolar disorder often happens in
      the "acute" phase, when a person may have his or her first manic
      episode. In the acute phase, you may be suicidal, psychotic, or
      using such poor judgment that you are in danger of harming yourself.
      Your doctor may decide you should be hospitalized for your own
      safety, especially if he or she believes you are suicidal.

      **** And wasn't Klemp hospitalized? Sure he was! And didn't he
      also check himself out, thought he had outsmarted the doctors and
      hospital staff? Classic sign of Bipolar! Or maybe Klemp has
      several disorders?

      What is schizophrenia?
      Schizophrenia is a severe brain disease that interferes with normal
      brain and mental function—it can trigger hallucinations, delusions,
      paranoia, and significant lack of motivation. Without treatment,
      schizophrenia affects the ability to think clearly, manage emotions,
      and interact appropriately with other people. It is often disabling
      and can profoundly affect all areas of your life (for example,
      becoming unable to work or go to school). Being told that you or
      someone you love has schizophrenia can be frightening or even
      devastating. The best way to improve your quality of life with
      schizophrenia is to learn as much as you can about this condition
      and then adhere to the recommended treatment.

      There are several types of schizophrenia, and the specific types are
      diagnosed based upon symptoms. The most common type is paranoid
      schizophrenia, which causes fearful thoughts and hearing threatening
      voices.

      Schizophrenia does not involve multiple personalities and is not the
      same condition as dissociative identity disorder (also called
      multiple personality disorder or split personality).

      symptoms include:
      Hallucinations. These usually involve hearing voices, but they can
      involve all the senses—seeing, tasting, touching, hearing, or
      smelling something that is not there.

      Delusions. These are firmly held but false beliefs. Some common
      experiences include thinking you are the President of the United
      States, or that you are being persecuted or chased by the CIA or by
      demons.

      Disordered (confused) thinking and speech that does not make any
      sense. Examples include abruptly responding to questions, not being
      able to respond with enough information, or always giving a one-word
      reply to questions.

      Bizarre or disorganized behavior. Usually the behavior involves
      being overly excited, angry, or unresponsive to other people. It may
      also include bizarre body movements, such as rocking back and forth
      or grimacing repeatedly.

      Self-neglect, such as becoming isolated from other people, wearing
      dirty clothes, or neglecting living space until it becomes untidy or
      cluttered.

      Inappropriate emotions, such as smiling when speaking of sad topics
      or laughing for no reason.

      Prodromal phase:
      Negative symptoms (such as lack of emotion or motivation), which may
      appear suddenly or slowly over time

      Social withdrawal

      Poor hygiene, such as wearing dirty clothes or not bathing

      Loss of interest in school or work

      Outbursts of anger

      Unusual or out-of-character behavior

      Anxiety

      Confusion or confused speech

      Terror or unreasonable fear of something or someone

      Depression

      Active or acute phase

      Positive symptoms (such as hallucinations or confused thinking or
      speaking) may appear either suddenly or slowly over time.

      Negative symptoms may also continue to occur during this phase.

      During the active or acute phase of schizophrenia, symptoms may
      fluctuate between episodes of severe positive symptoms and periods
      of stabilized symptoms (remission). A person usually develops a
      unique pattern of illness within the first 5 to 10 years of the
      active phase of schizophrenia.

      Residual phase

      Positive symptoms tend to become less intense. You may regain
      some social and job skills. The disease may become easier to manage,
      although people in this phase of schizophrenia may not fully recover
      from its effects on the quality of their lives.

      While the positive symptoms may become less intense as the disease
      progresses, the negative symptoms (such as lack of emotional response)
      may get worse. Even with treatment, up to 40% of people with schizophrenia
      will relapse within 2 years; but without treatment, up to 80% will have a relapse.

      Knowing how to recognize the first signs of relapse, such as social
      withdrawal, may help you get early treatment, which may help you
      recover more quickly.

      Up to 30% of people with schizophrenia attempt suicide, and between
      4% and 10% will die by suicide. Continuous treatment is important.
      People with schizophrenia are also at risk for other problems, such
      as violence and polydipsia (drinking so much water that it leads to
      health problems).

      Recovery rates vary between 29% and 83%, and about 20% to 30% of
      people with schizophrenia deteriorate rather than recover from
      symptoms even with treatment.

      People with schizophrenia are likely to develop other social and
      physical conditions (such as homelessness) or have additional
      disorders (such as substance abuse and depression).

      Call 911 or a mental health emergency service if you (or someone you
      care about with schizophrenia):

      Have thoughts of suicide or are threatening suicide.
      Hear voices, especially if the voice tells you to hurt yourself or
      someone else, or to do something illegal such as destroy property or
      steal.

      Call a health professional if you (or someone you know):

      Have a sudden change in behavior, such as refusing to eat because
      you think someone has poisoned your food.

      Have experiences you usually do not have (such as hearing someone
      calling your name when no one is there).

      Have difficulty taking care of yourself or become confused doing
      simple chores or tasks.

      Show warning signs of suicide, such as talking about death or
      spending long periods of time alone.

      Show signs of schizophrenia, such as seeming to talk to people who
      are not present or believing things that you know are false.

      Show the first signs of relapse, such as difficulty concentrating or
      withdrawing from other people.