Re: Hello - I hope to rejoin the group

  • xekweed
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11 12:12 PM
      Hello Prometheus and Everyone!

      This is Kaye- I just wanted to drop by to say Hello & tell you all
      how much I appreciate the help, honesty & humor of this site. I've had
      some changes and events in the last few months - my father passed
      away, illness and a new job- imagine that- I got through it all
      without the "protection" or "blessings" of the great ekult godman.
      None of us looks forward to painful, difficult situations but we can &
      do grow from them. I've come to see how trying to hide from them via a
      savior or other form of escape can actually prevent spiritual growth,
      as I'm sure you've all seen during your time in ekult. Sometimes it's
      just how you go about helping others during times of trouble that does
      more for your growth than any dogma.
      I did pick up where I left off with my interest in psychics, etc.
      and have concluded that they can be divided into three main groups-
      1) the con artists 2) the well meaning, empathic, good listeners and
      3) the totally out of their minds! Sort of like ekult, eh? The
      readings or sessions are like horoscopes, etc.- so vague that they
      could apply to anyone, ie. relationships, health, finances, career are
      the main concerns of most people and the reader emphasizes the "hits"
      to downplay the misses. Dr. Michael Shermer has some excellent
      websites on cold readings and many other subjects. We can condition
      our minds to set up any phenomena. Which is why I think I had so
      little success with the discourses. : D I tried an experiment with a
      Ouija board- with two of us positioned at the board, I found that if I
      kept my eyes open- answers came easily BUT if I closed my eyes or
      looked away- the pointer either moved off the board or not at all! I
      read that this is called the Ideomotor Effect, which is the influence
      of suggestion or expectation or involuntary & unconscious motor
      behavior. I'm not trying to upset any believers out there- one thing
      that I've learned is to let people and their beliefs be. BUT I also
      see how this neat little tool can help built a fake religion.
      I found that much of the other phenomena is also based on tricks.
      I don't know if there are any authentic psychics out there but I am
      willing to accept it if any are proven to be true.
      I would like to share some movie suggestions, if I could:
      "Crash" was an interesting look at prejudices and how they are formed
      and perpetuated.
      "Three Sovereigns for Sarah" was about the events following the Salem
      Witch Trials and how much hubris and hypocrisy played a role in the
      awful fate of those accused.
      I also have a great book to recommendation: "Gossip Ten Pathways to
      Eliminate it From Your Life and Transform Your Soul" by Lori Palatnik
      & Bob Burg.
      AND, just for laughs, check out Google-talking cats video- the last
      one with the subtitles was the best!: ))
      Missed you all and happy to see so much activity here.

      Have Fun,

      Kaye
    • Ingrid
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11 9:29 PM
        Hi, Kaye!!

        Good to have you back - welcome! I'm very happy to read you again! :-)
        Ingrid

[...]

        Never Miss an Email
      • ewickings
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12 7:11 AM
          KAYE!!!  So nice to have you back with us!

          I am so sorry to hear about your father's passing.

          Good to hear about your new job, sorry about the illness part!  And yes isn't it wonderful to take credit for making it through the hard bumps in life, without the protection and blessings from fake a eck master or guru!

          I too have been doing some research into various ideas, such as psychics, horoscope etc,  picked up the new book "The Secret"  haven't had a lot of time to read it though.   We are preparing our home so we can sell and move closer to my husband's work.   Thanks for the movies and book suggestion.  When I have some extra down time I will look for them.

          I too was dealing with illness, and finally received a diagnoses of Fibromyalgia.  I'm trying traditional medication, was doing Massage and felt a little better but stopped going for reasons I can not share currently.  My daughter and I were going, (she for her migraines) and for the most part believe this is a good alternative for pain relief.  But it will take some time, and healing to move past this issue, to be able to even consider this avenue again!  (Do your homework, and know what is acceptable and what isn't during this type of treatment!)

          Did I say I have missed you and have thought of you often!   :-)   I look forward to reading your wonderful contributions in the future!

          Big Hug,
          Liz  :-)