Has Rich Smith Read "Those Wonderful ECK Masters?"

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 8:49 AM
      On Feb. 1, 2007, Rich Smith posted on Conversations with Twitchell
      that he has not read Klemp's "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," yet
      on July 14, 2006, on A.R.E. he posted a quote from this same
      book. So which is it? Has Rich Smith read the book or not? You
      be the judge--the following posts are from both CWT and A.R.E.

      Here's Rich's reply to Sandra's post on Conversations with Twitchell,
      posted Feb. 1, 2007:

      Sandra,

      You have an amazing knack for being completely wrong.

      First of all, I have not read the book.

      Secondly, ah... who cares? This quote accurately
      describes this situation.

      "I have suffered a great deal from writers who
      have quoted this or that sentence of mine
      either out of its context or in juxtaposition
      to some incongruous matter which quite distorted
      my meaning, or destroyed it altogether."

      - Alfred North Whitehead

      --- Sandra <eckscholar@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > Hi, All!
      >
      > I found this quote of Einstein's posted on A.R.E.,
      > Jan. 15, 2007,
      > by Rich quite curious, so I'm reposting it here with
      > the reply by
      > D.T.
      >
      > "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" by Harold Klemp, it
      > seems that Rich, a
      > long time member and H.I. apologist of eckankar,
      > must have read and
      > understood HK's newest book quite well. By posting
      > this quote of
      > Einstein, Rich is saying that eckankar is the
      > religion of
      > imagination! The eck masters are of the
      > imagination- -they are
      > imaginary. I guess the scam works this way--one
      > develops the skills
      > using Klemp's spiritual exercises to mock up the
      > imaginary eck
      > masters, do it until one's mind is confused enough
      > that one then can
      > delusionally believe they are real just like people.
      > So the
      > imagination is real and therefore, the eck masters
      > are real! It's a
      > very good little spin that the eckankar faithful
      > accept as
      > more "important than knowledge."
      >
      > It appears that Rich and the other foxes have no
      > problem with the
      > illusions and delusions that eckankar teaches, and
      > that's really fine
      > for them as it is their choice--however, they really
      > shouldn't get so
      > bent out of shape by those of us who have quit the
      > game, don't want
      > to play the game and like to keep a space like ESA
      > EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com and other
      > sites like
      > eckankartruth@ yahoogroups. com and
      > X-Eckankar_The- Chains-of-
      > Eck@yahoogroups. com to present the truth/knowledge
      > for those
      > God/Truth-seekers who have questions and doubts, and
      > prefer Truth
      > over imagination when it comes to what is real and
      > what isn't!
      >
      > Here's the repost from A.R.E. posted on Jan. 15,
      > 2007:
      > Rich wrote:
      > > "Imagination is more important than knowledge.
      > > Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the
      > world."
      > > - Albert Einstein
      >

      > What Rich is admitting to in his oh-so
      > passive/aggressive way is that
      > there are no "eck masters".
      > That's a step in the right direction Gilligan...it
      > is a new year
      > afterall
      >
      > D.T.

      (end of the CWT post)

      On July 14, 2006, Rich posted this quote on A.R.E. from
      Those Wonderful ECK Masters:

      "What are the Spiritual Exercises of ECK?
      They connect your everyday, human consciousness
      with your divine calling. They help clear the way,
      so you may sooner recognize the Voice of God
      as It gently guides you through the uncertainties
      and trials of everyday living."
      - Harold Klemp "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" pg.228

      (end of A.R.E. post)

      *********************************

      Now, here's another question! Why is Rich lying on CWT
      by saying he has not read "Those Wonderful ECK Masters?"
      Could it be that the book has made him uncomfortable since
      he posted the quote in July 2006 on A.R.E.? Maybe it is just
      more difficult to defend Klemp's looney tunes writings. I think
      many eckists tend to ignore what Klemp writes because it is
      too embarrassing for them and more difficult for them to
      defend "the teachings!" These eckists continue, like Cyber
      Sailor (Rich), to cling to the sinking raft that remains of
      Twitchell's eckankar. Well, as he flounders around in the deep
      dark seas of Eckankar, Rich is slipping up by lying about what
      he has read in "Those Wonderful ECK Masters?" I'd be interested
      to know why he is lying--even though this is typical of H.I.
      eckists in their feeble attempts at defending their/Klemp's
      religion. What a sick bunch!