Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

HCS discussion

Expand Messages
  • ctecvie
    Hello all, I was asked to post the contribution I made to the HCS Bulletin Board yesterday on ESA as well. So here it is - if anybody feels like cross-posting
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 1:25 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      Hello all,

      I was asked to post the contribution I made to the HCS Bulletin
      Board yesterday on ESA as well. So here it is - if anybody feels
      like cross-posting or sharing it with others, you are of course free
      to do so!

      Ingrid

      Subject: Spiritual focus

      Hello JCP,

      thank you so much for speaking up on this BB. I agree wholeheartedly
      with what you say. I can't really imagine that ex-Eckists could last
      very long on this BB if it's spiritual guidance that they are
      seeking. In any case, had it been that way last year when I came to
      the BBs, I wouldn't have gotten involved with HCS at all. It is not
      spiritually uplifting for me for sure! I can't understand why people
      here, after having experienced what Eckankar did to them, would fall
      for even worse cults like Laura Knight and company. There have been
      Eckists who have left Eckankar and who have gone back after a few
      months - and I consider that kind of decision, albeit my
      difficulties of understanding it, a whole lot better than falling
      for Laura Knight. I think we all can do better than that!

      Mykel - thanks for your post, too. I sure miss, like you, Usually
      Skeptical a lot, I liked his/her pointed analyses very much. Perhaps
      he/she is one of the people who got fed up with all the conspiracy
      crap as well - who knows?! I sure can understand that! And the
      reason why Journey left is quite obvious to me - he/she was being
      put down so often by Betty and Mario that in the end he/she must
      have kind of given up. As far as I remember, Genti, another person
      whom I thought was very spiritual, left because of too much
      discussion about aliens and conspiracy. So, not many really
      interesting people are remaining here - of course Ed Kusi is always
      a highlight for me.

      Well, Betty - you didn't say anything really new in your last, once
      again long-winded post. What strikes me again, as in all of your
      posts, is that you seem to think you need to "educate" and "teach"
      us "the Truth". Please remember that this is only YOUR truth and not
      THE TRUTH. There are a lot of truths out there - and all of them are
      personal and individual truths, backed up by our own and personal
      experiences, nothing more and nothing less. Even if you are not
      aware of it, you do talk down to the "uneducated" like I am one -
      and I do feel offended. Please don't try to justify yourself - I
      have heard it all, and it's of no use as this will be my only
      statement on this topic.

      I'm really surprised to read that you are hardly more interested in
      conspiracies than JCP is! What a bold statement! All I can perceive
      is that you have hardly anything else to tell in your posts apart
      from the endless talk about conspiracies. Ah yes, there is something
      else - that Eckankar is still the highest path on earth. It seems to
      me that, to this day, you have not really left Eckankar. Obviously I
      do not agree with you at all - but this is my truth, just as the
      statement you make is your truth again. Remember that Eckankar has
      stolen a lot of wisdom, if not all of it, from other paths and from
      life itself - no wonder it's "close to the truth" as you say because
      that way, this is really very easy to do!

      I'm always wondering from where comes your absolute certitude about
      how life works. I do think that you make valid statements which
      apply to many of us, but again - it's your truth, it's how you
      perceive life. This is very good. But please remember that there are
      a lot of fairly intelligent people out here who have all something
      to share - and I mean, to SHARE and not talk down to somebody - on
      that. Unfortunately, there was not much sharing going on during the
      last few weeks or months because Mario and you practically did all
      the "sharing" - interspersed by some highlight posts from Ed Kusi as
      mentioned above. I can say for me that I was discouraged from that
      by the way this BB was running because Mario and you clearly are
      dominating it. Fortunately, people braver than me spoke up
      eventually - and that gives me hope that the BB will eventually
      recover and provide the excellent spiritual and personal insights it
      had when I first came here.
    • mishmisha9
      Hello, Ingrid! I read this on HCS and thought you showed a lot of courage to speak your truth. It seems as one also reads Mario s and Betty s replies to the
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2 8:12 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        Hello, Ingrid!

        I read this on HCS and thought you showed a lot of courage to speak
        your "truth." It seems as one also reads Mario's and Betty's replies
        to the complaints about their conspiracy "crap" postings on HCS that
        they will never stop. They totally disregard the requests and wishes
        of others, and do just as they please--forever! Perhaps, this is
        because they are so brainwashed in their beliefs and they will never
        be clear of it! It is really rather sad to see this in people.

        Thanks for posting this here.

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie"
        <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I was asked to post the contribution I made to the HCS Bulletin
        > Board yesterday on ESA as well. So here it is - if anybody feels
        > like cross-posting or sharing it with others, you are of course
        free
        > to do so!
        >
        > Ingrid
        >
        > Subject: Spiritual focus
        >
        > Hello JCP,
        >
        > thank you so much for speaking up on this BB. I agree
        wholeheartedly
        > with what you say. I can't really imagine that ex-Eckists could
        last
        > very long on this BB if it's spiritual guidance that they are
        > seeking. In any case, had it been that way last year when I came
        to
        > the BBs, I wouldn't have gotten involved with HCS at all. It is
        not
        > spiritually uplifting for me for sure! I can't understand why
        people
        > here, after having experienced what Eckankar did to them, would
        fall
        > for even worse cults like Laura Knight and company. There have
        been
        > Eckists who have left Eckankar and who have gone back after a few
        > months - and I consider that kind of decision, albeit my
        > difficulties of understanding it, a whole lot better than falling
        > for Laura Knight. I think we all can do better than that!
        >
        > Mykel - thanks for your post, too. I sure miss, like you, Usually
        > Skeptical a lot, I liked his/her pointed analyses very much.
        Perhaps
        > he/she is one of the people who got fed up with all the conspiracy
        > crap as well - who knows?! I sure can understand that! And the
        > reason why Journey left is quite obvious to me - he/she was being
        > put down so often by Betty and Mario that in the end he/she must
        > have kind of given up. As far as I remember, Genti, another person
        > whom I thought was very spiritual, left because of too much
        > discussion about aliens and conspiracy. So, not many really
        > interesting people are remaining here - of course Ed Kusi is
        always
        > a highlight for me.
        >
        > Well, Betty - you didn't say anything really new in your last,
        once
        > again long-winded post. What strikes me again, as in all of your
        > posts, is that you seem to think you need to "educate"
        and "teach"
        > us "the Truth". Please remember that this is only YOUR truth and
        not
        > THE TRUTH. There are a lot of truths out there - and all of them
        are
        > personal and individual truths, backed up by our own and personal
        > experiences, nothing more and nothing less. Even if you are not
        > aware of it, you do talk down to the "uneducated" like I am one -
        > and I do feel offended. Please don't try to justify yourself - I
        > have heard it all, and it's of no use as this will be my only
        > statement on this topic.
        >
        > I'm really surprised to read that you are hardly more interested
        in
        > conspiracies than JCP is! What a bold statement! All I can
        perceive
        > is that you have hardly anything else to tell in your posts apart
        > from the endless talk about conspiracies. Ah yes, there is
        something
        > else - that Eckankar is still the highest path on earth. It seems
        to
        > me that, to this day, you have not really left Eckankar. Obviously
        I
        > do not agree with you at all - but this is my truth, just as the
        > statement you make is your truth again. Remember that Eckankar has
        > stolen a lot of wisdom, if not all of it, from other paths and
        from
        > life itself - no wonder it's "close to the truth" as you say
        because
        > that way, this is really very easy to do!
        >
        > I'm always wondering from where comes your absolute certitude
        about
        > how life works. I do think that you make valid statements which
        > apply to many of us, but again - it's your truth, it's how you
        > perceive life. This is very good. But please remember that there
        are
        > a lot of fairly intelligent people out here who have all something
        > to share - and I mean, to SHARE and not talk down to somebody - on
        > that. Unfortunately, there was not much sharing going on during
        the
        > last few weeks or months because Mario and you practically did all
        > the "sharing" - interspersed by some highlight posts from Ed Kusi
        as
        > mentioned above. I can say for me that I was discouraged from that
        > by the way this BB was running because Mario and you clearly are
        > dominating it. Fortunately, people braver than me spoke up
        > eventually - and that gives me hope that the BB will eventually
        > recover and provide the excellent spiritual and personal insights
        it
        > had when I first came here.
      • prometheus_973
        Betty s response on HCS is typically unoriginal, clueless and elitist. Hi Ingrid. Yes, I would say that Betty/Mario have a problem with ego, cognitive
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5 10:37 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          Betty's response on HCS is typically unoriginal, clueless and
          elitist. Hi Ingrid. Yes, I would say that Betty/Mario have a problem
          with ego, cognitive thinking, and paranoia. These conspiracy
          theorists also believe: in the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll at the
          JFK assassination; the Apollo Moon Landings did Not really take
          place and were filmed on a movie set; that the planes involved in
          the 9/11 disaster had no windows, were not marked airliners, were
          flown by remote control by the U.S. government, and that the
          passengers were Not on the planes and are actually government
          employees who have been relocated! Wow! Tell that last one to their
          family members! It seems that Betty's/Mario's passion has replaced
          their common sense! Perhaps they miss being on pedestals when they
          were High Initiates (H.I.s) in Eckankar. Maybe they (ego) need to be
          seen as educators and heroes. Conspiracy theorists in general put
          together disparate facts tinged with paranoia.

          I found "comrade" Mario's post to be naturally in-your-face and
          arrogant, and I think he will come back again with more innuendos
          and back-handed insults... it's his nature.

          Betty's Kipling post ("IF") was very amusing. "If" only Betty
          didn't "deal in lies" or "if" she could really "think" for herself,
          but maybe her real goal "is the Earth and everything that's in it."
          Or, is her goal to someday "be a man, my son." It's too bad that
          Betty/Mario can't use her own words instead of others. However, I
          will have to give Betty credit (this time) for stating the source of
          her words. This is a rarity! Usually she plagarizes, paraphrases,
          mimics, copies, and parrots from her Icke/TRANCE/Cassiopaea sources.
          One should keep this in mind when reading anything she writes that
          seems intellectual and "factual." Yes, it's all a facade! This is
          true illusion!

          Even one or two of the B&M supporters aren't (most likely) who they
          seem to be either. I really think one is an Eckist (HK?) or someone
          else who really hates Ford! If I wanted to take Ford down I would
          just stroke the egos of Betty and Mario, support their conspiracy
          dribble, and voila'! This is one conspiracy that is much more
          believable. Then again, maybe the real conspiracies just aren't as
          interesting as the fictional ones. Perhaps B&M find this sci-
          fi/psychic/conspiracy thing much more intriguing than
          the "spiritual" stuff? There are certainly more people, it seems,
          who have had experiences with this other stuff than with true
          spiritual experiences. Maybe this is why there is this off-beat
          interest. If one has nothing else to compare to and No grounding of
          common sense or are mentally/emotionally imbalanced then I can see
          the attraction.

          Prometheus




          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "ctecvie"
          <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

          >Well, Betty - you didn't say anything really new in your last, once
          again long-winded post. What strikes me again, as in all of your
          posts, is that you seem to think you need to "educate" and "teach"
          us "the Truth". Please remember that this is only YOUR truth and not
          THE TRUTH. There are a lot of truths out there - and all of them are
          personal and individual truths, backed up by our own and personal
          experiences, nothing more and nothing less. Even if you are not
          aware of it, you do talk down to the "uneducated" like I am one -
          and I do feel offended. Please don't try to justify yourself - I
          have heard it all, and it's of no use as this will be my only
          statement on this topic.

          >I'm really surprised to read that you are hardly more interested in
          conspiracies than JCP is! What a bold statement! All I can perceive
          is that you have hardly anything else to tell in your posts apart
          from the endless talk about conspiracies. Ah yes, there is something
          else - that Eckankar is still the highest path on earth. It seems to
          me that, to this day, you have not really left Eckankar. Obviously I
          do not agree with you at all - but this is my truth, just as the
          statement you make is your truth again. Remember that Eckankar has
          stolen a lot of wisdom, if not all of it, from other paths and from
          life itself - no wonder it's "close to the truth" as you say because
          that way, this is really very easy to do!

          >I'm always wondering from where comes your absolute certitude about
          how life works. I do think that you make valid statements which
          apply to many of us, but again - it's your truth, it's how you
          perceive life. This is very good. But please remember that there are
          a lot of fairly intelligent people out here who have all something
          to share - and I mean, to SHARE and not talk down to somebody - on
          that. Unfortunately, there was not much sharing going on during the
          last few weeks or months because Mario and you practically did all
          the "sharing" - interspersed by some highlight posts from Ed Kusi as
          mentioned above. I can say for me that I was discouraged from that
          by the way this BB was running because Mario and you clearly are
          dominating it. Fortunately, people braver than me spoke up
          eventually - and that gives me hope that the BB will eventually
          recover and provide the excellent spiritual and personal insights it
          had when I first came here.

          Ingrid
        • mishmisha9
          Kipling s If poem is rather nice, but when figuring out why it is posted on HCS, one has to wonder if the poster is putting herself again up on a pedestal.
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5 12:21 PM
          • 0 Attachment
            Kipling's "If" poem is rather nice, but when figuring out why it is
            posted on HCS, one has to wonder if the poster is putting herself
            again up on a pedestal. Unfortunately, this seems to be an ongoing
            problem, and the person doesn't get it! Personally, I don't care
            what others believe--everyone is entitled to their beliefs/opinions,
            but when someone continously pushes it/promotes it, and seems to
            look down on those who differ, well I have a problem with that. From
            the beginning, I detected the arrogance that comes with the postings
            of these individuals. At first, I thought something was lost in
            translation, but since it continues, well it seems to be a part of
            the personality so to speak! Maybe, it is a factor in not being able
            to let go of Eckankar and that bogus HI status? As for parroting and
            paraphrasing others' words, well, isn't that a part of being
            brainwashed? Original thinking is lost.

            I believe that the conspiracy theories/aliens/Icke speak etc. will
            continue to be posted on HCS. Some people are encouraging it, and
            perhaps, as Prometheus suggests, that might be a conspiracy of sorts
            against HCS! : ) The bottom line, though, is that Ford allows it,
            approves of it, and that is the way his sites will be. It is his
            responsibility and decision on how he wants the complexion of his
            sites to look--it's his vision.

            Anyway, I do not foresee any changes in the postings on HCS. Both
            Betty and Mario have basically said they cannot be stopped! : )
            Well, good for them! (blink! blink!) (In case, you didn't catch the
            significance of the "blink"--that's a Harold techique--LOL!)

            Mish
          • mishmisha9
            Hi, Truthdecider! ... be ... the ... I don t think that Prometheus meant to invalidate all of the theories, but perhaps he will clarify this himself. You are
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5 5:21 PM
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi, Truthdecider!

              Just some thoughts on your post here:

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "truthdecider"
              <truthdecider@y...> wrote:
              > Hey Prometheus,
              >
              > For me, there is a balance and a co-existence of these kinds
              > of "conspiracy" experiences, and real "spiritual" experiences.
              > Having had both types of experiences, I think that they both can
              be
              > valid and have a place in understanding the world that we live in.
              >
              > I understand that it is very easy for people to be very unbalanced
              > when it comes to the "conspiracy-like" topics, and to go off of
              the
              > deep end into the seemingly ridiculous very easily. However, this
              > tendency in the "conspiracy following" people does not necessarily
              > invalidate all of the theories that they are exploring.

              I don't think that Prometheus meant to invalidate all of the
              theories, but perhaps he will clarify this himself. You are correct
              on this, however--and I will add that the 2nd gunman theory in the
              JFK assassination is still a probable for me! : )

              Also, I have read a few books about 9/11/2001, and there is much to
              explore there as well. However, I don't believe in the planes being
              flown by the government and the passengers being government
              employees, etc. I also do not believe in the flash video that has
              been posted on various websites about the crash into the Pentagon.
              The flash video is irritating and seems to be an ultimate
              brainwashing tool--keep watching it and you will surely believe the
              theories, you'll be brainwashed into believing it. I'd rather see a
              slower video and let my brain figure it out. So I only watched it a
              couple of times, and realized it was dangerous to the mind
              (subliminal message).


              >
              > For example, as a native New Yorker, with friends in the NYPD, and
              > the FDNY, I can tell you that it is not just the New Age
              conspiracy
              > folks that are very suspicious about what really happened on 9/11.
              > There is a large coalition of Fire Fighters, Policemen (some of
              the
              > Police and Firemen were actually on the scene on 9/11, or lost
              > friends and family that day), Building Engineers, Veteran Combat
              > Pilots, etc. that are suing the entire Bush administration to try
              > and force them to reopen the 9/11 investigation. They are doing
              this
              > because of how many holes and inconsistencies these professionals
              > feel exist in the official explanation of what happened that day.
              We
              > can't just dismiss all of these educated professionals as
              imbalanced
              > just because what they are saying doesn't fit with the mass
              media's
              > version of the story. That would be dangerously short sighted of
              us
              > if we did.

              I think that the Bush administration is exceedingly corrupt, whether
              he is aware himself to its depth or he is just being used by the
              manipulators. I recently read, "102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the
              Fight to Survive Inside The Twin Towers" by Jim Dwyer and Kevin
              Flynn. It is an interesting read which also discusses the buildings'
              construction, the building codes, the firemen and policemen who
              worked on the scene and so forth. There's a lot of good information,
              and it shows how government agencies do not always work well
              together and that old codes and regulations were not up to date,
              etc.


              >
              > My own history of childhood abuse and its related self-hate issues
              > that I still struggle with may make me more susceptible to cult-
              > speak in general, which, as I mentioned in my last post, I am
              > painfully aware of. But this doesn't put me in the category of
              being
              > mentally/emotionally imbalanced. My hard won awareness through
              first
              > hand experience of the fact that there are many things that our
              > government is lying to us about does not put me in this category
              > either.

              I don't think you are in that "category of being
              mentally/emotionally imbalanced" either--and I doubt that anyone
              reading your posts, including Prometheus, would think so. : ) As
              for the government lying, well, yes, it is a daily occurance and
              anyone who believes all the spins that are put out there would
              indeed be very foolish. I also think believing in the opinions of
              the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and others is also just as
              confusing and not very factual. However, I do enjoy John Stewart on
              the Daily Show--now, he is fun! : )

              >
              > All I'm saying is that I think we need to be careful not to rush
              to
              > judgment about all of this too quickly, or over-generalize it, and
              > lump it all together in one pot, and call all of it completely
              > crazy.

              Perhaps, the intent was not to lump it all in one pot--sometimes for
              dramatics one might make what seems a sweeping statement. I have
              done it myself--maybe even in this post. : )

              Mish
            • prometheus_973
              Hello Truthdecider, I just had some comments on what you wrote. ... of conspiracy experiences, and real spiritual experiences. Having had both types of
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6 7:47 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                Hello Truthdecider,

                I just had some comments on what you wrote.

                --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "truthdecider"
                <truthdecider@y...> wrote:

                >For me, there is a balance and a co-existence of these kinds
                of "conspiracy" experiences, and real "spiritual" experiences.
                Having had both types of experiences, I think that they both can be
                valid and have a place in understanding the world that we live in.


                I'm not quite sure what "conspiracy" experiences you are talking
                about unless it is a UFO one that some "government" agency is
                covering up.


                >I understand that it is very easy for people to be very unbalanced
                when it comes to the "conspiracy-like" topics, and to go off of the
                deep end into the seemingly ridiculous very easily. However, this
                tendency in the "conspiracy following" people does not necessarily
                invalidate all of the theories that they are exploring.

                No it doesn't invalidate "all" of the theories, but let's use some
                common sense too. However, there are many conspiracies taking place
                within families, local governments, state governments, small
                businesses, large corporations and departments and agencies within
                world governments. People just naturally manipulate information and
                make plans that benefit one group over another (people conspire!).
                It's what the ego and group consciousness does.

                > For example, as a native New Yorker, with friends in the NYPD, and
                the FDNY, I can tell you that it is not just the New Age conspiracy
                folks that are very suspicious about what really happened on 9/11.
                There is a large coalition of Fire Fighters, Policemen (some of the
                Police and Firemen were actually on the scene on 9/11, or lost
                friends and family that day), Building Engineers, Veteran Combat
                Pilots, etc. that are suing the entire Bush administration to try
                and force them to reopen the 9/11 investigation. They are doing this
                because of how many holes and inconsistencies these professionals
                feel exist in the official explanation of what happened that day. We
                can't just dismiss all of these educated professionals as imbalanced
                just because what they are saying doesn't fit with the mass media's
                version of the story. That would be dangerously short sighted of us
                if we did.


                It's true that the Bush administration and most likely the New York
                state, city and county government leaders and department heads don't
                want certain information to be known. But, that is because it would
                show their own incompetence, criminal neglect and civil liability in
                regard to holes in security, budget cuts that compromised safety,
                not following up leads, poor communications, not having a plan, not
                enforcing building codes, etc., etc., etc. And, nothing much has
                been done to correct future problems. There was nothing more than
                that. It's no wonder that people are mad when the politicians are
                covering their tracks. Unfortunately, this also gives the conspiracy
                nuts "evidence" (wild speculation) to blow it all out of proportion
                and then we have our own government flying the planes into the
                buildings! The reason the planes looked "different" to many
                observers is because the terrorists had the passengers put the
                shades down on the windows. So, just who are these "educated"
                professionals you mention? Are these retired pilots watching from
                the ground? Bush was a pilot too and I wouldn't believe anything he
                told me about his observations or planes in general! Are these
                people more creditable and why? Is their eyesight okay, were they on
                medication, did they have an unobstructed view? Where were they and
                how far away, etc. when the events transpired. What kind of
                specific complains and observations do they have? Have they written
                a book? Were events distorted due to these people being in shock?
                Have emotional opinions formed as blanks in memory and perception
                are now filled in?


                >My own history of childhood abuse and its related self-hate issues
                that I still struggle with may make me more susceptible to cult-
                speak in general, which, as I mentioned in my last post, I am
                painfully aware of. But this doesn't put me in the category of being
                mentally/emotionally imbalanced. My hard won awareness through first
                hand experience of the fact that there are many things that our
                government is lying to us about does not put me in this category
                either.



                I'm sorry... I never meant to imply that you have a mental or
                emotional imbalance. However, many of these hard core conspiracy
                theorists do.



                >All I'm saying is that I think we need to be careful not to rush to
                judgment about all of this too quickly, or over-generalize it, and
                lump it all together in one pot, and call all of it completely
                crazy.


                Maybe and maybe not. I'm not going to believe anything thing that
                David Icke, Mark Phillips, Cathy O'Brien, Laura Knight, Betty H.,
                Mario, Twitchell, Gross, Klemp, L. Ron Hubbard, Tom Cruise, Bush,
                Chaney, etc., etc., etc. have to say. So, although this may seem
                like a rush to judgment or over-generalization and lumping together
                in one pot all of those I consider as deluded or liars or a
                combination of both... I still feel good about it!

                By the way... I had mentioned the JFK assassination because I saw
                Penn and Teller on Showtime do a segment on Conspiracy Theories.
                They had some good information from independent tests on the firing
                of the three shots which seemed to dispel the grassy knoll theory.
                Oswald was not mentioned or his likely connection with Castro or
                the Russians. And, Jack Ruby or LBJ spectulations weren't mentioned
                either. It's all interesting but even more unfortunate when
                governments withhold information that could give clarity and
                closure. But, why did security allow several Arabs with box cutters
                to board those flights? More incompetence! It's everywhere! It's
                just in some places more than others. Ever been in the military?
                There's a s___ load of it there and no end in sight! Actually,
                sometimes it's fun to speculate on the bizarre or the unknown. Why
                else have there been so many fiction, science fiction, and
                mystery books written? People love it! Some just take it far too
                seriously.

                Prometheus
              • prometheus_973
                Hi Mish, Yes, Limbaugh and O Reilly do distort the truth. ... and anyone who believes all the spins that are put out there would I also think believing in the
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 6 8:37 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi Mish,

                  Yes, Limbaugh and O'Reilly do distort the truth.


                  --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "mishmisha9"
                  <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
                  >>As for the government lying, well, yes, it is a daily occurance
                  and anyone who believes all the spins that are put out there would
                  I also think believing in the opinions of the likes of Rush
                  Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and others is also just as confusing and not
                  very factual. However, I do enjoy John Stewart on the Daily Show--
                  now, he is fun! : )



                  I once wrote an email to Bill O'Reilly and he (sort of) read it on
                  his show. I said "sort of" because he edited it so that the meaning
                  was changed. I had said something about Congress Not doing it's job
                  for two years while obsessing on Clinton and Monica. He turned it
                  around to make it seem that I was criticizing Clinton instead of the
                  Republican controlled Congress. I was watching the Daily Show
                  recently and they showed how O'Reilly lied about a study done in
                  Sweden where they supposedly allow gay couples to marry. The "study"
                  showed that the number of hetero-sexual marriages declined. The
                  problem is that Sweden does Not allow gays to marry and the "study"
                  was never done. O'Reilly just makes things up in order to throw his
                  guests off balance and to confuse them while making his agenda look
                  more valid. Now this is a conspiracy too! But, how far up the ladder
                  does it go, who benefits and in what ways? These are the real
                  conspiacies! Maybe the others are actually there to distract us from
                  what's real! Maybe the Conspiracy Theorists writing those books are
                  really secretive government employees supplying disinformation to
                  confuse and distract! After all, they seem to do a very good job at
                  pointing fingers and discrediting anything and everyone including
                  themselves!

                  Prometheus
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.