Re: Women Eck Masters?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D." <etznab@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone read this article?
      >
      > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
      > name mentioned.
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
      >
      > Etznab

      Thanks, Etznab!

      Of course, wikipedia by its nature doesn't control the validity
      of the info since anyone can edit its pages, but this is interesting
      none the less:

      "When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master, Harold
      Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second name, that of Simha,
      the "Lady of ECK", considered the mother of all the ECK Masters. He also
      speculated that since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are
      still having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might come
      to light later.[38]"

      I didn't see Joan's name either listed as an eck master, but note HK's
      speculation of "more women ECK Masters might come to light later." This
      is the point I have been making about Joan being mentioned in "Those
      Wonderful ECK Masters." HK is preparing a way to introduce her as such--
      if he thinks he can get away with it, that is! Of course, if HK were really
      a godman, he would be doing more than speculating--he'd know the
      answer to this question of female eck masters, wouldn't he?

      Thanks for the post! : )

      Mish
    • D.R.D.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        <etznab@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone read this article?
        >
        > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
        > name mentioned.
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
        >
        > Etznab

        When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master,
        Harold Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second
        name, that of Simha, the "Lady of ECK", considered the
        mother of all the ECK Masters. He also speculated that
        since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are still
        having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might
        come to light later.[38]

        This is from the wikipedia link that I gave earlier.
        Question: Does anybody know what Klemp book (source) the
        number "[38]" is in reference to?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D." <etznab@...> wrote:

          > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."
          > <etznab@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone read this article?
          > >
          > > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
          > > name mentioned.
          > >
          > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
          > >
          > > Etznab
          > >
          > When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master,
          > Harold Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second
          > name, that of Simha, the "Lady of ECK", considered the
          > mother of all the ECK Masters. He also speculated that
          > since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are still
          > having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might
          > come to light later.[38]
          >
          > This is from the wikipedia link that I gave earlier.
          > Question: Does anybody know what Klemp book (source) the
          > number "[38]" is in reference to?
          >
          > Etznab

          Hi, again, Etznab!

          It notes that the comment is referenced from page 195 in one of
          HK's books. I looked all over the page but it doesn't give a clear
          reference. If I still had HK's books, I would check page 195 in all of
          them in order to find it for you, but hey, I'll keep giving it a thought.
          I like puzzles sometimes.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
               Thanks. The reason I asked was to check the accuracy of the quote.
            Also to look at the context in which it was placed.