Women Eck Masters?

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      Has anyone read this article?

      Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
      name mentioned.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D." <etznab@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone read this article?
        >
        > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
        > name mentioned.
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
        >
        > Etznab

        Thanks, Etznab!

        Of course, wikipedia by its nature doesn't control the validity
        of the info since anyone can edit its pages, but this is interesting
        none the less:

        "When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master, Harold
        Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second name, that of Simha,
        the "Lady of ECK", considered the mother of all the ECK Masters. He also
        speculated that since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are
        still having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might come
        to light later.[38]"

        I didn't see Joan's name either listed as an eck master, but note HK's
        speculation of "more women ECK Masters might come to light later." This
        is the point I have been making about Joan being mentioned in "Those
        Wonderful ECK Masters." HK is preparing a way to introduce her as such--
        if he thinks he can get away with it, that is! Of course, if HK were really
        a godman, he would be doing more than speculating--he'd know the
        answer to this question of female eck masters, wouldn't he?

        Thanks for the post! : )

        Mish
      • D.R.D.
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
          <etznab@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone read this article?
          >
          > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
          > name mentioned.
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
          >
          > Etznab

          When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master,
          Harold Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second
          name, that of Simha, the "Lady of ECK", considered the
          mother of all the ECK Masters. He also speculated that
          since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are still
          having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might
          come to light later.[38]

          This is from the wikipedia link that I gave earlier.
          Question: Does anybody know what Klemp book (source) the
          number "[38]" is in reference to?

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D." <etznab@...> wrote:

            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "D.R.D."
            > <etznab@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Has anyone read this article?
            > >
            > > Maybe I read it too fast, but I didn't see Joan's
            > > name mentioned.
            > >
            > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahanta#Women_as_ECK_Masters
            > >
            > > Etznab
            > >
            > When asked if Kata Daki was the only woman ECK Master,
            > Harold Klemp replied in the negative and gave a second
            > name, that of Simha, the "Lady of ECK", considered the
            > mother of all the ECK Masters. He also speculated that
            > since certain ECK Masters have been unknown but are still
            > having their names revealed, more women ECK Masters might
            > come to light later.[38]
            >
            > This is from the wikipedia link that I gave earlier.
            > Question: Does anybody know what Klemp book (source) the
            > number "[38]" is in reference to?
            >
            > Etznab

            Hi, again, Etznab!

            It notes that the comment is referenced from page 195 in one of
            HK's books. I looked all over the page but it doesn't give a clear
            reference. If I still had HK's books, I would check page 195 in all of
            them in order to find it for you, but hey, I'll keep giving it a thought.
            I like puzzles sometimes.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
                 Thanks. The reason I asked was to check the accuracy of the quote.
              Also to look at the context in which it was placed.