Re: greetings

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
      I agree about the audience Klemp's book are directed to, and I also
      marvel at the books he recommends for reading as well--very inferior
      selections for the most part, but it helps keep the eckies distracted and
      delusional! Do you think that eckankar works best with the non-intellectuals?
      It seems that critical thinking is one thing a person has to shed when
      following this looney tunes religious path!

      One thing for sure, though, Klemp's recognition in the Who's Who of
      Literary Intellectuals really shows that most Who's Who, if not all, are
      yet again another form of bogus scamming. I'm sure most of us have had
      opportunities to have our names listed in various such pubs--which amounts
      to a good publishing business for those who make money from it, and it is
      very ego stroking for those like Klemp who like to see their names
      "honored" in such ways! Plus, it makes a good impression for the gullible
      to read this in the bio flap when deciding to purchase the eckancrap books.
      Works well in marketing Klemp's dumb books! I will say, though, that "Those
      Wonderful ECK Masters" is fun reading, because it is just so full of ridiculous
      cult scheming in hooking chelas and newbies. I had many a good chuckle
      reading it. So I don't feel too badly for buying it--good entertainment for
      an ex-eckist! LOL!

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "naranjansalibi"
      <mudorio@...> wrote:

      > <mishmisha9@> wrote:
      > >
      > > And I am so puzzled by the fact that he is a member of the
      > > "International Who's Who of Intellectuals, Ninth Edition! How
      > > does that happen when he writes so mundanely?? For example,
      > > from "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," he wrote:
      > >
      > > (in a dream state an eck chela wrote), "A woman approched him.
      > > 'I'm Harold Klemp's wife,' she said. 'I want to welcome you to
      > > Eckankar. My husband will help you anytime and in any way he can.'
      > > Then Wah Z (a name for me on the inner planes), the Inner Master,
      > > entered the room. His wife continued, 'I want to introduce you to
      > > my husband.' Wah Z repeated, 'Yes, I will help you in any way I
      > can.'"
      > >
      > > Does that sound like an intellectual? Sounds rather junior high to
      > > me which is where Klemp's maturity probably faltered and halted.
      > > LOL!
      > >
      > > Mish
      > >

      > I really don't have anything too helpful to offer about the who's
      > who intellectual thing, but I'd say whoever published this stuff is
      > slick as hell and knows exactly who their audience is. You know how
      > appearances can be deceptive - especially in the fun-house hall of
      > mirrors they call eckankar. :-)

    • naranjansalibi
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
        <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

        >Plus, it makes a good impression for the gullible
        >to read this in the bio flap when deciding to purchase the
        eckancrap >books.

        Hi mish,

        Yeah. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the "who's who in..."
        series is a form of vanity press. But I suppose it might seem
        legitimate to the kind of people who buy their religion from the
        back pages of tv guide and deep cable infomercials.

        I have to say, I've never read any of HKs "books" all the way
        through. I could rarely even get through those mystic world notes of
        his or the H.I. letters for most of the time I was still getting
        them in the mail. It seemed like he was always nursing a black eye,
        or a stubbed toe, or grumbling about all the bad, ungrateful,
        karmically doomed chelas who just weren't "getting" the awesome
        godliness of his slick new reinvented religion. Harold's writings
        have always been about as dreary and inspiring as those old catholic
        tracts we'd get at church when I was a kid. They'd rant on and on
        about abysmally dull things like communism, birth control and
        endless booster club fundraisers.

        Harold's talks were a lot like his writing too as I recall. Did you
        ever notice that his talks all sounded alike after awhile? I used to
        say he was directly channeling "God's own bird-feeder secrets and
        kitty cat wisdom". I also remember he would offer lots of good
        advice about surviving and "winning" in the harsh game of eck
        hierarchy climbing. If you break it down, the spirituality of
        eckankar comes pretty much out of a "survival of the fittest/natural
        selection" paradigm. (Ironically, that would be considered Darwinian
        wouldn't it? - heh-heh).

        Ask any of his followers. They all cast themselves with basically
        the same cliche images of dominance. Check it out. Even the way the
        LEM has assumed "the rod" each time - always quite contentious and
        embattled. Darwin punked Paul by tagging his wife Gail. Harold
        knocked Darwin off the hay pile with the heavy guns of public
        slander and demonizing, coupled with plenty of legal fire power.
        That's the current that runs through - same as it always was. In the
        tradition, I wonder how the next one will rise and topple our boy
        HK...

        It's funny actually how they get away with selling such obvious
        banality with the books, tapes and seminars - while at the same time
        convincing the followers they're beyond all the ordinary conventions
        and agreements of human life without ever producing a modicum of
        proof. Ever notice how everyone in eck sees themselves as an eagle,
        or a ram, or a swordsman, while non/ex-eckists are the teeming
        masses, the goats, foxes, jackals and worms? (Don't tell them Harold
        thinks of them all as a bunch of helpless dewey little chickens in a
        hen house.) Ever notice how everyone in eckankar is convinced they
        posess the penetrating insight and loftiest overview of the highest -
        even while repeatedly and demonstrably WRONG, or merely copping the
        off-the-shelf postures and verbiage of their h.i. sub-gurus?

        Ahhh. You gotta love 'em. May the godlings bless their copyrighted
        little hearts...

        :->
        naranjan's alibi
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
          I've enjoyed reading the comments here. In "Those Wonderful
          ECK Masters" Klemp contradicts PT's ECKANKAR Dictionary
          definition and his own ECKANKAR Lexicon definition of ECKANKAR.

          Klemp states in Chapter 10 on Paul Twitchell "A Master Compiler:"

          HK: "Paul's task was to gather the time-tested [Old Lower World
          Dogma] BITS and PIECES of the MOST ACCURATE parts of what
          had been given in the PAST. In a sense, HE BECAME A MASTER
          COMPILER."

          ME: I wonder what areas of Truth that he missed? Afterall, PT
          was only human and far from perfect! And, just how "accurate"
          are these "bits and pieces" since they are often taken out of
          context and redesigned for the Western Mind and lifestyle?
          Little League and Soccer anyone?

          HK: "HE [PT] COLLECTED THE GOLDEN TEACHINGS SCATTERED
          ABOUT THE GLOBE AND RENDERED THEM INTO A SINGLE BODY
          OF TEACHINGS, THAT MADE THEM READILY AVAILABLE TO ALL."

          ME: And, this COLLECTION/COMPILING or hunting and gathering
          of "bits and pieces" of "golden teachings" was before the Internet!
          This is why Twit could not have found it all.

          Here's the PT/HK LEXICON definition of ECKANKAR that pertains
          to HK's comments of PT "COMPILING" "SCATTERED" "BITS and
          PIECES" of "golden teachings" from the "PAST."

          "ECKANKAR... THE TOTAL SUM OF ALL TEACHINGS EMANATING
          FROM GOD." [page 56] This was the Catch-22 disclaimer that HK
          has now revised (when it suits him he'll bring it back into play).

          I also find it interesting that Klemp says, "THE CONSCIOUSNESS
          HERE IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY IS AS VALID AS ANY IN
          THE PAST." [page 184, TWEM] Didn't Klemp say that the Mahanta
          Consciousness during Paul Twitchell's reign was NOT as high
          as his is today and this is why much of the PT material is no
          longer available!

          Anyway, I'll have to do a summary of that "Wonderful" piece
          of crap some day.

          On another note: I will have to say that it's interesting to read
          about the visitations of JESUS that people had prior to
          ECKANKAR and later became visitations by Gopal and Fubbi!
          Now I can see the Gopal thing, sort of, but how in the hell does
          someone pick FUBBI out when they first thought it was JESUS?
          [page 36, TWEM] Really, just look at the pictures of Jesus, Gopal
          and Fubbi and ask yourself, How can a person think they saw
          JESUS and pick out a picture of FUBBI? Ever hear of - mistake in
          identity, or needing glasses, or not paying attention to details?

          And, if that's not bad enough HK even has FUBBI plagiarizing
          JESUS' and uses JC's conversation with God.

          FUBBI: 'God, why have you forsaken me?' "After awhile there
          came a voice. It said, 'My son, I haven't forsaken you. I've been
          with you through the ages.' And the lightning flashed and the
          thunder rolled." [page 28, TWEM]

          Strange, I've never heard of "God" being quoted or speak with
          contractions like "haven't" or "I've." And this was, supposedly,
          centuries ago! LOL!

          One more thing: Isn't it interesting that in most Spiritual Exercises
          (S.E.) that one is directed to IMAGINE. Yet, in the ECKANKAR Lexicon,
          on page 136, is this definition of MECHANICAL MANIFESTATION:

          "LYING, IMAGINATION, THE EXPRESSION OF NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
          AND UNNECESSARY TALKING."

          This reminds me of those ECK Vahanas on HU-CHAT. I'm certain
          that a lot more "Mechanical Manifestation" will be taking place at
          the 2007 ECK Springtime Seminar.

          BTW- Why don't the African ECKists go on a pilgrimage to NAMPAK
          instead of Chanhassen? Isn't Nampak closer for them?

          "Nampak- Located in Africa, it is one of the ten spiritual cities which
          are on earth to help the world." [page 146, ECKANKAR Lexicon]

          Those ECK Masters have been doing a great job "to help the world"
          haven't they!

          Prometheus