"David Icke and the Politics of Madness--Where the New Age Meets the Third Reich

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2005
      I am using the above titled article by Will Offley, published
      February 29, 2000 and posted on PublicEye.org.

      You can google http://www.publiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm to
      read this article in its entirety.

      I mentioned in a post that David Icke has been called a Neo-Nazi. As
      Truthdecider mentioned in his post, one can find all sorts of pro
      and con information on the Internet, and that we must be careful of
      what we believe is truth and what is not truth. There can be quite
      a bit of confusion and argument as to what are really the facts, the
      whole facts, and nothing but the facts. A difficult task for sure! I
      will extract some statements from Mr. Offley's article:

      "On the face of it, few people would credit a retired soccer player
      who rants about a world takeover by blood-drinking lizards from
      outer space as being much of a threat to democracy. And as a general
      rule, they would probably be right.

      David Icke, however, is an exception to that rule.

      Icke, 48, is a native of Leicester, England. For five years he
      played professionally for the Coventry City and Hereford United
      soccer teams until forced to retire by arthritis. He subsequently
      went on to become a sports announcer for the BBC-TV. For three years
      from 1988 to 1991 he was national spokesperson for the British Green
      Party, until he began a political evolution that was to begin with
      his expulsion from the Greens and wind up with his current
      involvement with anti-Semitism, neofascism, and lizards from Mars.

      At first this evolution seemed relatively harmless. Icke began to
      flirt seriously with New Age theories, and then began to act on
      them. He dressed in turquoise, and began to call himself the 'son of
      godhead.' But by the time his book 'The Robot's Rebellion' was
      printed in 1994, his trajectory had begun to take quite a different
      course. In 1995, the British magazine 'Left Green Perspectives'
      wrote that this book 'indicated a convergence of New Age thinking
      with Nazi philosophy. Casting aside his pat concerns about the
      environment, Icke enthusiastically embraced the classic Nazi
      conspiracy theory, alleging that the world is controlled by a secret
      cadre of the 'The Elite.' He openly endorsed 'The Protocols of the
      elders of Zion,' the Tsarist anti-Semitic forgery that informed
      Hitler's notion of a global Jewish conspiracy.'"

      A few monts ago, I watched a TV program on the History Channel that
      discussed the origins and influence of the "Protocols of the Elders
      of the Zion." The program revealed that Henry Ford was duped into
      believing the authenticity of the document and had several copies of
      the book published and distributed worldwide. Later, it was
      discovered that the "Protocols" were fake and untrue, but by that
      time, Adolph Hitler had already embraced it and stirred the flames
      of anti-Semitism in Europe. We do know what happened to the Jews
      during Hitler's years of power. However, Icke has even questioned
      that the Holocaust even happened!

      Mr. Offley's article continues:

      "The following year Icke brought out another book, '. . . and the
      truth shall set you free.' This one, however, was self-published, as
      its content was so objectionable that his publisher refused to have
      it printed. And small wonder. The book repeated Icke's previous
      claims that the 'Protocols' were true, and went on to state; 'I
      strongly believe that a small Jewish clique which has contempt for
      the mass of Jewish people worked with non-Jews to create the First
      World War, the Russian Revolution, and the Second World War. . . .
      they then dominated the Versailles Peace Conference and created the
      circumstances which made the Second World War inevitable. They
      financed Hitler to power in 1933 and made funds available for his
      rearmament.'"

      And the article goes on. Mr. Offley makes many more points about
      Icke's paranoia view of history and how Icke has established a
      following of people who will pay big bucks to attend his talks,
      purchase his books and tapes and so forth. Icke has several websites
      to promote his beliefs and his industry. It has made for a bit of
      notoriety and certainly a very lucrative livelihood for Icke. I
      think it is unfortunate that the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"
      have been revived, in part, due to the conspiracy theory beliefs
      that Icke and others promote. In this country, there are all kinds
      of splinter groups of people who will read books like Icke's and
      take them at face value. We have groups of Aryans, fundamentalist
      Christians, gullible New Ageres, and more who readily fall for the
      trappings of a good speaker who is out to make a living selling his
      propoganda. As long as Icke points to the "Protocols of the Elders
      of Zion" as being a legitimate document that supports his beleifs of
      a global worldwide conspiracy, he will continue to be labeled a Neo
      Nazi. The bottom line is Icke is not to be trusted, and those who
      believe in his message are being foolish.