Re: 2007?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi Etznab,
      I enjoyed your comments. Yes, we measure time in
      accepted, strange, and in linear terms. That is the whole
      point of Timelines-right! It's a way of connecting the
      dots-correct? However, we each experience and interpret
      the "dots" differently and according to our preconceived
      expectations, prejudices, intellect, consciousness, and
      whether we had direct or indirect or word of mouth contact
      with various events. Plus, I'm sure that our memories of
      these historic events are affected by a number of factors
      that are either honest or dishonest or for the greater "good."

      BTW-I enjoyed reading your explanation (below) in regard
      to Timelines.

      Etznab wrote:
      [snip]...
      >I was once asked the question: Why timelines? Well, maybe
      > because "time" is that one reliable constant running through
      > history. The credibility of which must have something to add
      > with regard to recorded history. We can all change history if
      > we want, but back of that history is the context in which it
      > happened. Part of that history is time! So happy New Year to
      > all. May we someday again learn how to all tell what time it
      > actually is (by looking to those ancient historians that are
      > older than any of our technological attempts to define them).
      >
      > If we can't tell the truth about our history or religious
      > history, then at least we can take what has been said about
      > both and put it in context to the frame of time. Personally I
      > have found this to be of great help for what time itself CAN
      > contribute to the mix of recorded events. In fact timelines
      > are probably the very first things that detectives try to put
      > back together or reconstruct in order to solve a mystery. It's
      > as if everything is connected somehow, and if not directly then
      > at least indirectly. And all of these happenings somehow fit
      > within a context of time. In other words, everything has a time
      > line in this world.

      [snip]...