Re: 2007?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi, Etznab (and Everyone)!

      May I say Happy New Year? Interesting thoughts on
      time and timelines, Etznab! It seems that all of us
      slip in at one time or another in the time of history
      and we adapt to our place in time. It seems that the
      12 months of the year and the 4 seasons have suited
      me okay. But I do find in looking back at my own past
      history/experiences, I tend to remember where I was,
      what it was like then, even sometimes to the point of
      what I was wearing, in order to recall and put it all in
      my perspective and personal timeline/history.
      Sometimes, I can recall the actual date/day and time of
      day, etc.--depends on the significance it all has for me.
      So maybe this is artificial in the sense that someone
      organized this calendar of time and the rest of us sort
      of fell into it and it is wrong in fact, but I guess over time
      it becomes "true" for us who accept it. However, this can
      become a big issue if it doesn't work well or snowballs
      into more untruths.

      I am also fascinated by tides--the ebb and flow of it all
      and how we as humans are affected by this as well. And
      how those we associate with on a daily basis become a part
      of our personal rhythm and we can seem to be on a similar
      if not same cycle--dancing in time so to speak!

      Well, I'm not sure if I am making any sense here or if I am
      coming close to what Etznab was expressing, but one thing
      that motivates me is the number nine, and if no one has
      slipped in a post before this one goes up, my post will be
      message number nine for the year 2007 (or is it 2000?)--either
      way, it is significant for me in many ways! : )

      Happy New Year, All!

      Mish

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi Etznab,
        I enjoyed your comments. Yes, we measure time in
        accepted, strange, and in linear terms. That is the whole
        point of Timelines-right! It's a way of connecting the
        dots-correct? However, we each experience and interpret
        the "dots" differently and according to our preconceived
        expectations, prejudices, intellect, consciousness, and
        whether we had direct or indirect or word of mouth contact
        with various events. Plus, I'm sure that our memories of
        these historic events are affected by a number of factors
        that are either honest or dishonest or for the greater "good."

        BTW-I enjoyed reading your explanation (below) in regard
        to Timelines.

        Etznab wrote:
        [snip]...
        >I was once asked the question: Why timelines? Well, maybe
        > because "time" is that one reliable constant running through
        > history. The credibility of which must have something to add
        > with regard to recorded history. We can all change history if
        > we want, but back of that history is the context in which it
        > happened. Part of that history is time! So happy New Year to
        > all. May we someday again learn how to all tell what time it
        > actually is (by looking to those ancient historians that are
        > older than any of our technological attempts to define them).
        >
        > If we can't tell the truth about our history or religious
        > history, then at least we can take what has been said about
        > both and put it in context to the frame of time. Personally I
        > have found this to be of great help for what time itself CAN
        > contribute to the mix of recorded events. In fact timelines
        > are probably the very first things that detectives try to put
        > back together or reconstruct in order to solve a mystery. It's
        > as if everything is connected somehow, and if not directly then
        > at least indirectly. And all of these happenings somehow fit
        > within a context of time. In other words, everything has a time
        > line in this world.

        [snip]...