2007?

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Today we celebrate January 1st, 2007. Why? Because it
      is supposed to be 2007 years since the birth of Jesus?
      Well, what if Jesus was not born in the year 1 A.D. as
      most people today take for granted? In fact, a number of
      scholars now believe that Jesus was born not in 1 A.D.,
      but rather in 7. B.C. So instead of celebrating the year
      2007 (if the scholars are correct) we should actually be
      celebrating the year 2000!

      So who is responsible for the error in our recorded
      history? Who is responsible for the probable fact that
      we might have been assigning the wrong date to every
      single day of our lives?

      There is some chatter on the internet about natural
      vs. artificial time these days, and a number of folks
      claim that artificial time could be responsible for a lot
      of the stress and/or problems in our everyday lives. They
      explain that for every one time that our Earth goes around
      the Sun, that the Moon goes around the Earth 13 times. And
      the Moon cycle is 28 days. 13 x 28 days is 364 days. Just
      one day short of a year.

      This is probably why, in the ancient Mayan calendars,
      you find the number 13 so prominent. One of the other
      more prominent numbers is 20. In fact, one of the Mayan
      calendars is based on the numbers 13 and 20. When you do
      the math and multiply 13 x 20 the result is 260, and 260
      divided by 9 gives you 28.888, etc. Nine cycles of 28 is
      what amounts to the typical gestation period for a human
      embryo. This is what I am talking about by "natural" time.
      It's where time is based on known natural cycles in nature,
      which some people believe have their correspondences with
      other natural cycles of time in the universe. It's as if
      everything were connected like the cog wheels of a clock.

      The precession of the Equinoxes is supposed to be based
      on a number approximately 26,000 years long - which is a
      multiple of 260. This number figures in to the number of
      years that go to make up the four different ages or what
      the Hindus call Yugas. Again, this is what I am talking
      about by "natural" time. It is how the Mayans could predict
      the positions of different planets thousands of years into
      the future. In fact the Mayans have a calendar that is more
      accurate than our own!

      What I gather from this is that the planets are like
      so many cog wheels keeping time, and people have looked
      to these "natural" time pieces for hundreds and thousands
      of years.

      We may not be able to say for sure what happened in the
      more ancient past, but recently I have come to a realization
      about what we CAN know about that past. What I mean is that
      even our ancestors had the Moon to look at. A moon that goes
      round the Earth about 13 times every year. So the moon would
      be one of those ancient authors of history that is still with
      us today! Isn't this wonderful? The Moon is direct physical
      evidence of a credible historical element of history. The
      Moon is an "author", if you will, that has been telling the
      same kind of story for eons. I find this truly comforting to
      know that the Moon and our planets can be relied upon for
      accurate historical information - even to the more accurate
      keeping of time.

      Just something to contemplate on at the beginning of
      another New Year. Call em Pagans, savages, or whatever,
      but people have been arranging their lives around the time
      of the seasons for millenia. And our seasons are based upon
      relationships between planets, moons, and/or stars. So here
      is a history that doesn't lie. A history based on TIME!
      Probably the only credible historians about our ancient
      past still living with us today!

      I was once asked the question: Why timelines? Well, maybe
      because "time" is that one reliable constant running through
      history. The credibility of which must have something to add
      with regard to recorded history. We can all change history if
      we want, but back of that history is the context in which it
      happened. Part of that history is time! So happy New Year to
      all. May we someday again learn how to all tell what time it
      actually is (by looking to those ancient historians that are
      older than any of our technological attempts to define them).

      If we can't tell the truth about our history or religious
      history, then at least we can take what has been said about
      both and put it in context to the frame of time. Personally I
      have found this to be of great help for what time itself CAN
      contribute to the mix of recorded events. In fact timelines
      are probably the very first things that detectives try to put
      back together or reconstruct in order to solve a mystery. It's
      as if everything is connected somehow, and if not directly then
      at least indirectly. And all of these happenings somehow fit
      within a context of time. In other words, everything has a time
      line in this world.

      If too hard to believe that everything can be connected in
      some way, consider that years from now (if not already now) it
      will be (is?) possible to track a person's every move. Example:
      'Google will be able to keep tabs on us all'(see link)

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/humanrights/story/0,,1938474,00.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        In a message dated 1/1/07 10:41:17 AM Central Standard Time, etznab@... writes:

        In fact, one of the Mayan
        calendars is based on the numbers 13 and 20. When you do
        the math and multiply 13 x 20 the result is 260, and 260
        divided by 9 gives you 28.888, etc. Nine cycles of 28 is
        what amounts to the typical gestation period for a human
        embryo. This is what I am talking about by "natural" time.

           Here is a pretty good link that I found about the Mayan
        calendar if anyone is interested:

        http://www.dr-rock.biz/Tzolkin.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          Hi, Etznab (and Everyone)!

          May I say Happy New Year? Interesting thoughts on
          time and timelines, Etznab! It seems that all of us
          slip in at one time or another in the time of history
          and we adapt to our place in time. It seems that the
          12 months of the year and the 4 seasons have suited
          me okay. But I do find in looking back at my own past
          history/experiences, I tend to remember where I was,
          what it was like then, even sometimes to the point of
          what I was wearing, in order to recall and put it all in
          my perspective and personal timeline/history.
          Sometimes, I can recall the actual date/day and time of
          day, etc.--depends on the significance it all has for me.
          So maybe this is artificial in the sense that someone
          organized this calendar of time and the rest of us sort
          of fell into it and it is wrong in fact, but I guess over time
          it becomes "true" for us who accept it. However, this can
          become a big issue if it doesn't work well or snowballs
          into more untruths.

          I am also fascinated by tides--the ebb and flow of it all
          and how we as humans are affected by this as well. And
          how those we associate with on a daily basis become a part
          of our personal rhythm and we can seem to be on a similar
          if not same cycle--dancing in time so to speak!

          Well, I'm not sure if I am making any sense here or if I am
          coming close to what Etznab was expressing, but one thing
          that motivates me is the number nine, and if no one has
          slipped in a post before this one goes up, my post will be
          message number nine for the year 2007 (or is it 2000?)--either
          way, it is significant for me in many ways! : )

          Happy New Year, All!

          Mish

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
            Hi Etznab,
            I enjoyed your comments. Yes, we measure time in
            accepted, strange, and in linear terms. That is the whole
            point of Timelines-right! It's a way of connecting the
            dots-correct? However, we each experience and interpret
            the "dots" differently and according to our preconceived
            expectations, prejudices, intellect, consciousness, and
            whether we had direct or indirect or word of mouth contact
            with various events. Plus, I'm sure that our memories of
            these historic events are affected by a number of factors
            that are either honest or dishonest or for the greater "good."

            BTW-I enjoyed reading your explanation (below) in regard
            to Timelines.

            Etznab wrote:
            [snip]...
            >I was once asked the question: Why timelines? Well, maybe
            > because "time" is that one reliable constant running through
            > history. The credibility of which must have something to add
            > with regard to recorded history. We can all change history if
            > we want, but back of that history is the context in which it
            > happened. Part of that history is time! So happy New Year to
            > all. May we someday again learn how to all tell what time it
            > actually is (by looking to those ancient historians that are
            > older than any of our technological attempts to define them).
            >
            > If we can't tell the truth about our history or religious
            > history, then at least we can take what has been said about
            > both and put it in context to the frame of time. Personally I
            > have found this to be of great help for what time itself CAN
            > contribute to the mix of recorded events. In fact timelines
            > are probably the very first things that detectives try to put
            > back together or reconstruct in order to solve a mystery. It's
            > as if everything is connected somehow, and if not directly then
            > at least indirectly. And all of these happenings somehow fit
            > within a context of time. In other words, everything has a time
            > line in this world.

            [snip]...