Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Twitchell Info on ECKANKAR.org Shows Dec...

  • ewickings
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007

      >   So there is no more Eckankar "Trivia" Timeline page online that is
      sponsored by me. That doesn't mean I haven't preserved it for my own
      future reference. In fact I still add to it.

         Etznab

      And this is really too bad!  Did it get too difficult, you can't appease everyone, so maybe it is better to just let it rest?  Yes I see you will still add to it privately for your own benefit.  So who got to you?  Doug, Rich....   Eckankar?   Actually Etznab, your timeline does a service to eckists and non eckists.  But I suspect that most eckists would rather Richard just stop!  ;-)

      Another thought, maybe you are just brain tired and need a break from all of this BS?  Life does have a lot to offer if we are willing to venture out and explore it.   I hope 2007 is a good year for new adventures and moving forward.....   It's all about moving forward!  ;-)

      Liz
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
        Gee Liz. Thanks for the input. I think (how do you type a frown?)

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
          Liz,

             I like the free emoticons attached to your message. They reminded me
          about a favorite cartoon with a sheepdog and a coyote. It is so ironic. The
          two go at it all day long as if it were their jobs to do (and it was), but at the
          end of the day they clock out at the tree without animosity.

             It was not one of my favorite cartoons, but it did leave an impression.

             I might need to get some emoticons myself. It's too bad Yahoo won't
          let us post html code that would allow for graphic smile faces, etc. The
          word <smile> just doesn't do the same for me as an actual image.

             Hey, if you had to be a cartoon character (don't have to answer) which
          one would you be? I know which one I might be. That little dog that kept
          showing up no matter how many people tried to get rid of him. What was
          his name? The one who spoke with a drawl?

          Etznab

        • ewickings
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
            Don't take it personal, it was meant more for those eckists keeping track here on ESA.  :-)

            <frown>  <wink>

            I actually love what you do Etznab, and that is the honest truth!

            Hugs, and happy new year.
            Liz    :-/

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
              I use Incredimail the free version, but will most likely switch to the premium in a day or so....  Removes the advertising.

              Favorite cartoon character that I relate to is the Roadrunner...  Bleep bleep  ;-)

              Liz  <smile, wink>
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
                Hi Etznab,
                The topic was the PT info provided on ECKANKAR.org
                of Twit being 27 in 1935 and the "Timeline" of him lying
                to get into Who's Who in Kentucky and supposedly being
                in India to meet Sudar at this same time and later Rebazar.

                Let's not lose track of the topic being discussed and
                replied to, or the emphasis on this TIMELINE.

                Timelines seem to be as important to you as the Truth
                is to me.

                In the future perhaps this statement by you here (below)
                can be applied as the Answer to every Question that you
                might have involving Timelines. Whether the DG info or
                anything else comes up again your below response should
                apply and, therefore, make any response by others a moot
                point. What's the point if everything is "speculation?"

                Since you are unwilling to take that next step to towards
                Truth and state or admit that this PT info (Timeline) or
                "facts" don't make sense when it is glaring back at you-
                then there is no need to continue any discussion on
                "Timelines." Just refer to your statement below and save
                your breath - I know that I will!

                Let's face it - the Timeline-Truth of this Twitchell
                information is just more proof, for me, that I made the
                right decision to leave ECKANKAR by recognizing the
                deception. It's like putting a 3,000 piece puzzle together
                in order to finally see the big picture. However, at some
                point (different for each of us) we all begin to recognize
                and see the big picture of the puzzle-just not all of the
                details. Some Souls, however, don't have the patience,
                time, etc. to put together such puzzles, or see the need
                or point. They are happier with the 300 piece puzzles.
                The puzzle pictures can be of various topics and sizes,
                however, the key is in which ones interest us as individuals
                and what do the pictures mean for each one of us?

                Anyway, please don't take my words on future Timeline
                discussions as being too harsh. I just don't see the point
                since, it seems, there can never be a resolution or agree-
                ment that you as a current ECKist could admit. As long as
                you remain loyal to your religion you must also defend it
                or avoid criticizing it. Although, when I was a Catholic
                many of us and our Priests criticized the Mother Church.
                If followers remain silent the corruption increases!

                Prometheus

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
                  In a message dated 1/1/07 3:21:31 PM Central Standard Time, prometheus_973@... writes:

                  Since you are unwilling to take that next step to towards
                  Truth and state or admit that this PT info (Timeline) or
                  "facts" don't make sense when it is glaring back at you-
                  then there is no need to continue any discussion on
                  "Timelines." Just refer to your statement below and save
                  your breath - I know that I will!

                     Prometheus,

                     Thought I already responded to you on that question at
                  least once. I admitted that it was conflicting information:

                  Yeah, I've read through those parts before. The point in my last
                  > response is that I am not in the position to do anything about what
                  > the organization writes up as history. You know there are other
                  > points besides the ones listed that also qualify as conflicting info-
                  > mation.

                     Here I have underlined it. When I said "other points besides
                  the ones listed" I was referring to the topic that you mentioned.
                  Not only that, but I indicated that IMO there were other points
                  of conflicting information besides. It wasn't a sidestep to the
                  topic, but I understand my admission may not have been the
                  words you were looking for.

                     I see the topic and it does look conflicting. You want me to
                  admit that it's a bold-faced lie (historically speaking) that part
                  you refer to that is given on the main website?

                     You're right, I'm not going to admit that because I didn't write
                  that history about Paul. However, this much was "admitted" by
                  me on the form of a timeline with alot of other "admissions" as
                  well that were even more conflicting.

                     One example is the use of pseudonyms to replace the identity
                  of certain individuals. I myself know how disturbing that use of a
                  pseudonym can be. Believe me.

                     So, I guess I'm not clear on why you think I was avoiding the
                  topic unless the way I answered it was not direct enough. But
                  no, I'm not going to take responsibility for conflicting information,
                  misleading, or even false information with regard to recorded
                  history. An exception would be typos that may exist in the comp-
                  ilations of history that I have worked on. I'm sure there are more
                  than a few.

                     Etznab

                  P.S. In my last post about the Swami, I wasn't taking a stand for
                  or against Eckankar. At least I tried not to comment.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
                    Hi Etznab,
                    Thanks! This response gives a better explanation and is
                    more as to what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

                    Prometheus

                    etznab wrote:

                    > In a message dated 1/1/07 3:21:31 PM Central Standard Time,
                    > prometheus_973@... writes:
                    >

                    > > Since you are unwilling to take that next step to towards
                    > > Truth and state or admit that this PT info (Timeline) or
                    > > "facts" don't make sense when it is glaring back at you-
                    > > then there is no need to continue any discussion on
                    > > "Timelines." Just refer to your statement below and save
                    > > your breath - I know that I will!
                    > >

                    > Prometheus,
                    >
                    > Thought I already responded to you on that question at
                    > least once. I admitted that it was conflicting information:
                    >
                    > Yeah, I've read through those parts before. The point in my last
                    > > response is that I am not in the position to do anything about what
                    > > the organization writes up as history. You know there are other
                    > > points besides the ones listed that also qualify as conflicting info-
                    > > mation.
                    >
                    > Here I have underlined it. When I said "other points besides
                    > the ones listed" I was referring to the topic that you mentioned.
                    > Not only that, but I indicated that IMO there were other points
                    > of conflicting information besides. It wasn't a sidestep to the
                    > topic, but I understand my admission may not have been the
                    > words you were looking for.
                    >
                    > I see the topic and it does look conflicting. You want me to
                    > admit that it's a bold-faced lie (historically speaking) that part
                    > you refer to that is given on the main website?
                    >
                    > You're right, I'm not going to admit that because I didn't write
                    > that history about Paul. However, this much was "admitted" by
                    > me on the form of a timeline with alot of other "admissions" as
                    > well that were even more conflicting.
                    >
                    > One example is the use of pseudonyms to replace the identity
                    > of certain individuals. I myself know how disturbing that use of a
                    > pseudonym can be. Believe me.
                    >
                    > So, I guess I'm not clear on why you think I was avoiding the
                    > topic unless the way I answered it was not direct enough. But
                    > no, I'm not going to take responsibility for conflicting information,
                    > misleading, or even false information with regard to recorded
                    > history. An exception would be typos that may exist in the comp-
                    > ilations of history that I have worked on. I'm sure there are more
                    > than a few.
                    >
                    > Etznab
                    >
                    > P.S. In my last post about the Swami, I wasn't taking a stand for
                    > or against Eckankar. At least I tried not to comment.

                  • ctecvie
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
                      --- snipped ---->
                      > Some of the reasons for mentioning Patti is that she was close
                      >to Paul
                      > at one time. She wrote at least two books about him. And she was the
                      > Publications Director after Paul was no longer living, but when a
                      >number
                      > of his books were getting published. How can we know for certain
                      >about
                      > any edits or revisions made to books under the Paul Twitchell name
                      >that
                      > Paul would not have necessarily made himself? I don't think we can.
                      >And
                      > it is possible that Gail (and even Darwin) might have done some
                      >editing.
                      > Is Harold or Eckankar Inc. responsible for this?

                      *** In my view, it is HK or whoever runs Eckankar Inc., or the Inc.
                      itself. It was published under Eckankar, or wasn't it? So who else's
                      responsibility should it be?

                      > Well, where is Patti? Where is Gail? Where is Darwin? Do they
                      >still
                      > belong to the organization?

                      *** Darwin is the leader of A. T. O. M. It's their choice to come out
                      with their records of their eckankar time or not. So, why ask those
                      questions? They won't bring either of them forward.

                      > If not, I wonder why not. Has Darwin written
                      > a book about Eckankar since he left?

                      *** My husband joined eckankar under Gross's regiment. DG was a
                      musician - my husband said that he had written one book "Your right
                      to know", and that it was terrible to read. So, he just isn't an
                      author. Why then should he write a book?

                      > Has Gail? Has Patti? Why not?
                      *** Why should they?

                      > You see, we are arguing and speculating about things that we
                      >didn't
                      > even write. Things that we didn't edit, revise, or even publish. I
                      >say let
                      > the people who did it come out and tell their stories. It might
                      >even add
                      > something to what we already know.

                      *** If they want to come out, that is. And this is their choice, they
                      can't be forced. A good part of history always remains speculation,
                      and written records don't change that at all. And it seems to me that
                      you started to ask (good) questions Etznab. So why complain about
                      speculation now?

                      Ingrid
                    • ewickings
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
                        Actually I should have said, Eckankar paid for a gag order....  Money can buy anything, (it will silence) if the price is right.

                        >   You see, we are arguing and speculating about things that we didn't
                        even write. Things that we didn't edit, revise, or even publish. I say let
                        the people who did it come out and tell their stories. It might even add
                        something to what we already know.
                        Etznab

                        >Eckankar has placed a gag order on these individuals, that is why Gail's book, or anyone else with the real knowledge will not be allowed to speak up until they are dead!

                        Liz

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
                          In a message dated 1/2/07 7:28:34 AM Central Standard Time, ctecvie@... writes:

                          *** If they want to come out, that is. And this is their choice, they
                          can't be forced. A good part of history always remains speculation,
                          and written records don't change that at all. And it seems to me that
                          you started to ask (good) questions Etznab. So why complain about
                          speculation now?

                             OK. I can see your point. And your right. It is their choice.