DG as Interm LEM not Mahanta?

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
      The following quotes are from The ECK Satsang Discourses, Fourth
      Series, by Harold Klemp

      "You'd be surprised how many initiates cannot hear the Mahanta's
      words that speak softly behind the writings of the outer volumes of
      The Shariyat." - page 16

      "They do not have the necessary phone line with the Inner Master.
      Consequently, they become rigid about the letter of the law and
      forget its spirit. But nobody can tell them this, because they are
      so fixed in their own great self-image." - page 16

      "Letters still cross my desk from people who juggle the meaning of
      Paul's January 1971 Illuminated Way Letter. He said that the next
      Mahanta would be along in about fifteen years, and that he might
      appoint an ECK Master to serve in the interim until the appointment
      of the next Mahanta. They count their fingers like monkeys in a zoo,
      scratch their heads, and lay their lack of success with the
      spiritual exercises to an outer cause." - page 16

      Analysis: ECK Monkeys. I wonder which initiation that is?

      Perhaps Harold is referring to this uplifting story from one of his
      first discourses:

      "In ancient Atlantis, the people were working with the manipulation
      of the black arts, which left the entire civilization with a taint
      of cruelty upon it such as has seldom been seen, even in modern
      times. Captives of war were taken into slavery, but their captors
      shortened their spines through surgery, removing the spine from
      between the shoulder blades to the coccyx. This produced grotesque
      dwarfs who were made house servants, and their appearance always
      marked them as subservient to the citizens. The captive was put into
      occupational therapy the day after the operation, made to swim in a
      pool in order to strengthen the new muscles and to accustom him to
      the short brace, fabricated to the outside of the spine to
      strengthen his back. The slaves, thereafter, took on the appearance
      of monkeys." - The ECK Satsang Discourses, Third Series, Harold
      Klemp, Page 40.

      ------------------------------

      BTW Klemp became Mahanta in 1981, not 1986 as Paul Twitchell claimed
      would happen!

      From eckankar.org:

      In 1981, after years of spiritual training, Harold Klemp became the
      Mahanta, the Living ECK Master.

      http://eckankar.org/Harold/index.html
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
        In a message dated 12/29/06 8:58:44 AM Central Standard Time, ewickings@... writes:

        BTW Klemp became Mahanta in 1981, not 1986 as Paul Twitchell claimed
        would happen!

        From eckankar.org:

        In 1981, after years of spiritual training, Harold Klemp became the
        Mahanta, the Living ECK Master.

           Does this mean that at the WWS in 1981 that Darwin Gross announced
        Harold Klemp as the Mahanta, the Living Eck Master?

           I listened to the WWS audiotapes for 1981 & 1982. I didn't hear the words
        Mahanta when Sri Harold was introduced. And I could be wrong, but it does
        seem to appear IMO that Harold was not announced as Mahanta at a WWS
        until after Darwin was dismissed in the summer of 1983.

           Afterall, it was Darwin who was going by the title of Mahanta in 1983 - and
        1982, and 1981, etc. Right?

        Etznab

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
          LOL Well, I took the 1981 Mahanta info directly from the official
          eckankar web site, which you can see for yourself. ;-) It would be
          nice if someone would tell the truth, wouldn't it?!

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
            Hi Liz,
            I really liked this post too! So, in Eckankar
            the Chelas are either:

            Monkeys, Foxes, Chickens, Eagles, or Losers!

            I'll bet that most who think that they are Eagles
            aren't!

            Can you cite anymore animals or minerals, etc.
            that Klemp uses to describe H.I.s and other ECKists?

            Prometheus

            "Elizabeth" wrote:

            The following quotes are from The ECK Satsang Discourses, Fourth
            Series, by Harold Klemp

            "You'd be surprised how many initiates cannot hear the Mahanta's
            words that speak softly behind the writings of the outer volumes of
            The Shariyat." - page 16

            "They do not have the necessary phone line with the Inner Master.
            Consequently, they become rigid about the letter of the law and
            forget its spirit. But nobody can tell them this, because they are
            so fixed in their own great self-image." - page 16

            "Letters still cross my desk from people who juggle the meaning of
            Paul's January 1971 Illuminated Way Letter. He said that the next
            Mahanta would be along in about fifteen years, and that he might
            appoint an ECK Master to serve in the interim until the appointment
            of the next Mahanta. They count their fingers like monkeys in a zoo,
            scratch their heads, and lay their lack of success with the
            spiritual exercises to an outer cause." - page 16

            Analysis: ECK Monkeys. I wonder which initiation that is?

            Perhaps Harold is referring to this uplifting story from one of his
            first discourses:

            "In ancient Atlantis, the people were working with the manipulation
            of the black arts, which left the entire civilization with a taint
            of cruelty upon it such as has seldom been seen, even in modern
            times. Captives of war were taken into slavery, but their captors
            shortened their spines through surgery, removing the spine from
            between the shoulder blades to the coccyx. This produced grotesque
            dwarfs who were made house servants, and their appearance always
            marked them as subservient to the citizens. The captive was put into
            occupational therapy the day after the operation, made to swim in a
            pool in order to strengthen the new muscles and to accustom him to
            the short brace, fabricated to the outside of the spine to
            strengthen his back. The slaves, thereafter, took on the appearance
            of monkeys." - The ECK Satsang Discourses, Third Series, Harold
            Klemp, Page 40.

            > ------------------------------

            BTW Klemp became Mahanta in 1981, not 1986 as Paul Twitchell claimed
            would happen!

            From eckankar.org:

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 29, 2006
              Hi All,
              Yes, HK was introduced at the 1981 EWWS
              as the 973rd LEM and Not as the LEM/Mahanta.

              Klemp has done a rewrite of history on many
              occasions to suit his agenda, as well as, to
              clean-up and adjust PT's creative ECK Dogma.

              At one time it was stated in the ECK works that
              a LEM might Not be a Mahanta, but a Mahanta
              was always a LEM. Now Klemp has altered this
              so that there is No mistake that he is Both the
              LEM and Mahanta.

              True, Klemp was Not the Mahanta until he
              booted Gross. The ECK Higher Initiations and
              the LEM/Mahanta title are, in truth, "honorary"
              titles and designations and in No Way indicate
              TRUE Higher Consciousness or actual
              Spiritual Attainment of any Higher Region of
              GOD, i.e. SUGMAD, ALLAH, ALL THAT IS, or
              WHATEVER! This is the unspoken (silent)
              disclaimer of the ECKANKAR Corp. that it
              can't and won't ever admit. Ignorance of Truth
              feels good and it's the Easy Way to slide thru
              life!

              Prometheus

              etznab wrote:

              ewickings writes:

              BTW Klemp became Mahanta in 1981, not 1986 as Paul Twitchell
              claimed would happen!

              From eckankar.org: