Re: ECK Higher Initiations Are a Mixed Bag of Wo...

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
      There was a lot of initiation jumping going on after Darwin received
      the high status of LEM/MAHANTA!

      At the age of 13, I was allowed to attend adult satsang classes so I
      was pretty special. ;-) In 1977 a local 3rd initiate couple were in
      attendance at a special chela meeting. There was a lot of whispering
      going on, when someone asked, "can you feel it"? I looked around at
      everyone wondering what the hell that was suppose to mean. The
      individual asked again, "can you feel it"? No one said anything...

      Next came the announcement that this 3rd initiate couple had recently
      received their 5th initiations. WOW, they skipped their 4th, was I
      impressed! Talk about ego... the wife of this couple was pretty proud
      of her accomplishment. And to show us her new status of the Mystical
      5th initiation symbol, when the meeting was over, we all went across
      the street to a coffee shop to celebrate. Instead of waiting for
      the "walk" signal to change and stop on coming traffic, she entered
      the traffic holding her head up high, bravely strolling across the
      street, nearly missing being hit. That was her "show" of the new
      found powers bestowed upon her, by the god man of the universe. LOL

      Does anyone else recall when a family was announced by headquarters to
      have received their 5th initiations, and at the time they had a 5 year
      old daughter that also received her 5th initiation? Boy was the
      membership a buzz with that bit of news. Funny, I recall it was
      around the time Harold and Marge supposedly received their 5ths.
      Interesting wouldn't it be, if it were non other than Klemp's daughter
      that received her 5th that day? ;-)

      Had ALL of the truthful historical information been compiled years ago
      for the membership to see, I for one would have left this mythical
      path years ago. A "rational" thinking mind COULD NOT AVOID SEEING THE
      HISTORICAL TRUTH BEHIND THE LIES IF PRESENTED AS IT ACTUALLY
      HAPPENED!

      Liz
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
        Hi Liz,
        Thanks for the information. I know that the ECK dogma has it
        that when the "ROD" is passed that this is for the 12th/14th
        or LEM/Mahanta. It's funny that the LEM is a 12th/13th on the
        outer and the Mahanta is a 14th on the inner. Or, is the LEM
        just not a FULL Mahanta until the BLUE CARNATION is brought
        out for all to see. Funny how 9ths can't say that they are 9ths
        but 12ths and 14ths can! Has any LEM stated that he was now
        a 13th and close to being the 'FULL' Mahanta? I doubt it since
        there have only been three- PT, DG, and HK. However, JK
        almost became a Co-LEM (12th), better luck in 2007! LOL!.

        Prometheus

        "Elizabeth wrote:

        I was just a youngster when all of this was taking place, though my
        parents had not officially become members until about a year after
        Darwin was LEM/Mahanta.

        As for the Silhouette issue; I don't recall ever seeing Darwin's
        head inside of Paul's, but that isn't to say it was not fact! I do
        recall Darwin's silhouette on a medallion I owned, with Paul's head
        inside of Darwin's. I honestly can not recall when I first received
        this medallion, though I kept it until Harold booted Darwin from the
        teachings.

        17 Sept 1971 Paul Twitchell died, cause of death was
        arteriosclerotic heart disease, a heart attack.

        Before Paul's death, the board apparently had been trying to
        persuade Paul to sign over copyrights on his books to the
        organization. Gail insisted that Paul keep everything in his own
        name. Gail, of course, is one of the pivotal figures in the eckankar
        movement, as she had persuaded Paul to take his message to the
        public.

        After Paul's death, all rights passed to Gail. It is evident that
        these copyrights were, and still are, the real "Rod of Power" in
        eckankar. Gail chose Paul's successor, not the board members, and
        not Paul Twitchell!

        Gail revealed her choice (Gail had a vision that Paul came to her
        and revealed his successor); Darwin Gross, a then second year
        initiate in the Portland satsang, who was brought immediately to Las
        Vegas on Gail's orders. (I thought they were together tucked away in
        some little love nest for the weekend?) Darwin supposedly arrived in
        Las Vegas driving Paul's blue volkswagen. Darwin was granted an
        automatic fifth initiation and was tutored for eight to ten hours a
        day by Chester Tuttle, the business manager of eckankar. They had
        less than a month to prepare Darwin for the fifth world wide
        seminar.

        When 22 Oct 1971 finally came, Gross was presented by the Widow of
        Paul Twitchell with a BLUE carnation. Immediately following the
        moment Gail handed the carnation to Darwin, he went to the front and
        addressed the assembled eckists......

        A year later, on 27 Oct 1972 Gail and Darwin married. Some time
        following the marriage, the official party line was changed. In the
        years immediately after Gross assumed office, internal memos and
        other writings indicated that Darwin only claimed to be
        the "interim" Master who Twitchell fortold. Later it was announced
        that Twitchell had passed the Rod of Power to Gross at midnight on
        22 Oct 1971, thus endowing him with the status of Mahanta. This
        claim was made possible by saying that the actual transaction took
        place on the soul plane, in the Valley of Shangta at the Oracle of
        Tirmir. By eckankar's own account, the entire Order of Vairagi was
        there to witness this historic event. Diana Stanley, (eck artist)
        was given the special honor of being transported to the soul plane
        so that she could "observe" the transaction and later paint it for
        everyone to cherish.

        In view of Paul Twtichell's repeated disclaimers about the imminant
        appearance of a new Mahanta, Twitchell claimed his replacement was a
        youngster some fifteen years away, which at the time seems pretty
        unlikely that Twit had Gross in mind as his successor.

        In light of this information, Paul said the next Mahanta would be
        ready by 1986. Though didn't eckankar claim Klemp as a Mahanta
        prior to this date of 1986? ;-)

        KENT:
        Darwin's actual status after the Fifth World Wide seminar
        (which I attended) was that he was an Eck Master (initiation 9-12),
        but it was understood that he was not yet a Mahanta (14th).
        In fact, his silhouette was graphically depicted within Paul's
        silhouette in the official publications, which was awkward and
        revealing. Thus, the prevailing understanding in the membership
        was that Darwin was working under the Mahanta, but was not
        the Mahanta. This status was one reason so many lost confidence
        in eckankar and in Darwin at the time, and left eckankar. On the
        stage that night in Las Vegas, he looked insecure and had some
        pretty big shoes to fill, in the eyes of those in attendance. After
        about two years, Darwin was re-introduced in an eckankar
        publication as the Mahanta, and his silhouette stood from then
        on on its own, and no longer was within Paul's silhouette.

        As to his status before the appointment, I think it is true he
        was quickly brought up to the fifth. I'd have to check my old box
        of letters from that time to be sure.

        Kent
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2006
          Hi Liz,
          The ECK family with the 5th Initiate five year old
          could have been the Klemps.

          However, this would have to have taken place
          around 1977 in order for Klemp's daughter to
          be the five year old. It's very possible that this
          was the Klemp family since the five year old was
          also a female. Hmmmmmm. Interesting how
          "special" those initiations were for the beginning
          club members! It's obvious that the ECK Higher
          Initiations have ONLY equated to a Higher Con
          rather than to a Higher Consciousness!<smile>

          Prometheus