Eck Spiritual Skills Seminar, etc.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2005

      I see that there is an extention to sign-up for this March 24-27
      seminar and that there will even be workshops at the new Eck
      Spiritual Center... whoopee! The extention must mean that not as
      many people are signing up as they had hoped. Even late March in
      Minnesota can produce nasty weather. So why not choose Florida
      instead! Too bad Harold isn't more sensitive to his followers.

      I think back to all of the money I spent on travel, hotels, and food
      at these seminars and it amazes me how much money people spend going
      to these redundant events. However, it was nice to see old friends
      and do some sight-seeing (of sorts).

      Let me guess an amount that chelas will spend. Airline tickets for a
      couple would be $250-$350 each. Hotel cost would be $276-$368 (3
      days vs 4 days). And food would be $90-$120 per day maybe. Some
      people may even rent a car or drive their own car. With gas prices
      going up and maybe staying at a motel on the drive there and back
      plus food it could cost almost as much as flying. Oh, let's not
      forget seminar registration too!

      Okay, a couple will spend around $1000-$1500 (without rental car)
      and now multiply that by 1000 (couples). And we get $1 million to
      $1.5 million dollars spent by chelas just to attend these workshops,
      talks, etc. that can be taught or communicated online, in the local
      areas, or through conference calls! Why? Probably because Klemp is
      egotistical, inconsiderate and out-of-touch with the needs and
      resourses of the membership.

      On top of all of this... the Eckist is expected to buy their own
      propaganda materials to distribute and to buy the current books with
      simplistic (and often embellished) one-dimensional testimonials ehat
      Harold Klemp gets from the monthly initiate reports! I threw away
      hundreds of dollars worth of books, discourses, pocket posters,
      brochures, HU cards, etc. when I left one year ago. My wife and we
      probably spent at least $30,000 in just attending seminars and
      $3,000 on study materials and vahana stuff. This of course doesn't
      cover the yearly donation which probably over the years totaled to
      around $15,000 at least!

      Anyway, if anyone wants to vent some anger or frustration for the
      years of deception and share some information or insights please
      feel free to do so. I'm amazed at the new clarity of mind and
      freedom I now feel from having left Eckankar. I still have some Eck
      books and even have an Eckist friend fax me her Mystic World and
      sometimes her H.I. Letter when I ask. When I re-read these books and
      look at Paul Twitchell's or Harold's words with more clarity and
      scrutiny I can now see the truth behind their deceptions.

      Ford Johnson's Truthseeker and Higherconsciousnesssociety sites are
      good information sites for the former Eckist as is the New Neural
      Surfer site of David Lane's.

      Enjoy!
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
        Hello Prometheus,

        > I see that there is an extention to sign-up for this March 24-27
        > seminar and that there will even be workshops at the new Eck
        > Spiritual Center... whoopee! The extention must mean that not as
        > many people are signing up as they had hoped. Even late March in
        > Minnesota can produce nasty weather. So why not choose Florida
        > instead! Too bad Harold isn't more sensitive to his followers.

        I cannot understand why those seminars are held in one place only
        from this year on! I guess it's because Harold doesn't want to
        travel. :-)) OK, the place in Chanhassen is nice, and while I still
        was an Eckist, I liked the temple very much and had a coming-home
        feeling. But I don't think I would like to travel there every year!
        It's not that nice ... :-))

        > I think back to all of the money I spent on travel, hotels, and
        food
        > at these seminars and it amazes me how much money people spend
        going
        > to these redundant events. However, it was nice to see old friends
        > and do some sight-seeing (of sorts).

        It's amazing for sure. It depends on the priorities you have. My
        husband and me sometimes went to such a seminar, but not too often.
        You just have to decide what you want. We didn't always want to have
        a seminar, though! :-) But sometimes we decided to attend one and
        then we liked it. But I know eckists who travel to Minneapolis every
        year. They don't have much money so they travel by car from Québec
        every year. It's exhausting for sure, and their health is not the
        best. But they want to do it, so they do it - each and every year. It
        always amazed me because I think there are for sure things you can do
        at home that are as spiritual as going to the worldwide?? :-)

        > I threw away
        > hundreds of dollars worth of books, discourses, pocket posters,
        > brochures, HU cards, etc. when I left one year ago. My wife and we
        > probably spent at least $30,000 in just attending seminars and
        > $3,000 on study materials and vahana stuff. This of course doesn't
        > cover the yearly donation which probably over the years totaled to
        > around $15,000 at least!

        We threw away all of our books and pictures and things, too! And
        there are still things turning up from dark corners from time to
        time! The last book I have is the leadership handbook for initiates 2-
        4. I will give that to a new eckist who needs to read it for final
        decision whether she shall stay or not. Before giving it away, I read
        it through. It's quite clear to me that the goal has been since a
        very long time ... recruiting new members. That's why this training
        was set up. It's good that I didn't get around to finish it because
        after 2 sessions I started to read Ford Johnson's book and then my
        husband and I left! :-)

        > Anyway, if anyone wants to vent some anger or frustration for the
        > years of deception and share some information or insights please
        > feel free to do so. I'm amazed at the new clarity of mind and
        > freedom I now feel from having left Eckankar. I still have some Eck
        > books and even have an Eckist friend fax me her Mystic World and
        > sometimes her H.I. Letter when I ask. When I re-read these books
        and
        > look at Paul Twitchell's or Harold's words with more clarity and
        > scrutiny I can now see the truth behind their deceptions.

        Yes the mind gets very clear, doesn't it? It's so good! And it's
        true, too, that when you read those books with your "new" eyes, the
        deceptions are quite obvious. The problem is that there's truth in
        the teaching, but it's somehow distorted and twisted - it's truth,
        and then it's not truth. That's quite confusing.

        Thanks for the site!
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2005
          Hi, Ingrid!

          I threw out most of my eck stuff too, but as you say some still
          creeps out of dark corners! I think there is a large photo of Harold
          in a closet--I'm thinking of using it as a dart board or something
          like it! LOL!