"The Santa Claus Effect"

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2006
      Hi, All!

      The following quote from Ford Johnson's
      "Confessions of a God Seeker" seems to be
      seasonally appropriate as we all prepare to
      enjoy the holidays with family and friends.
      Ford's words serve as a reminder of how far
      we have traveled in our quest for truth, having
      shed our earlier religious incumberances. It is
      really great to be free to BE! Hope you enjoy
      reading "The Santa Claus Effect"--HO! Ho! Ho!
      and Happy Holidays to All!
      Mish

      "Everyone must at some point break through the
      'Santa Claus Effect,' the deliberate withholding of
      truth by a religion or society in the belief, perhaps
      well intended, that the faithful are not ready for it,
      or are happier and prefer living under illusion.
      However, unlike the Santa Claus myth, silence about
      certain religious truths has gone on for millennia.
      Religions, then have become resting points of safety
      and security on the road to spiritual unfoldment,
      which, unfortunately have also discouraged or even
      forbade departure. The seeker must use other
      means to acertain the truth about himself as soul
      and his awe-inspiring heritage as a spark of God.
      The keepers of the secret will not tell him, if by now
      they even remember themselves."

      from Ford Johnson's "Confessions of a God Seeker"