Re: the new cher - isn't so smart or aware after all!

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2006
      Hello Zoey!

      After reading this post, I now know who you are, as I recall you
      sharing this same story under a different name! ;-) I appologise
      for calling you a troll when you first joined this group. I hope
      you will continue to share your "pre and post" Eckankrap experiences
      with us!

      Elizabeth

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "zoey_true"
      <zoey_true@...> wrote:

      Couple of years back a friend and I confirmed, for anyone with sense
      to see, what cher is all about. I set myself up as a detractor,
      while my friend set himself up as pro-eck. My friend would post
      passages which he credited to klemp or twitchell. Mostly these
      passages were hogwash. Although the passages sounded quite
      esoteric, they were totally senseless manure. Cher would praise
      them, agree with them, condone them, etc etc etc simply because he
      put the eck brand on the mess. Sometimes he posted passages that
      utterly contradicted eckankar perceptions, and again, they sounded
      quite mystical. As long as the stuff was attributed to eck
      literature, chernobyl was dancing on her fat little feet in
      agreement.

      I, on the other hand, posted passages straight from klemp and
      twitchell. I often quoted the shariyat. Because I was a known
      detractor, chernut tore sh** out of it all. It's not that I would
      expect even the most aredent eckist to memorize the entire eck
      library, but the passages I posted encapsulated key concepts. But I
      attributed them to Ford, or Lane, or whoever; so the enlightened
      eckists pissed on their own scripture.