Re: the new cher

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "zoey_true"
      <zoey_true@...> wrote:

      Couple of years back a friend and I confirmed, for anyone with sense
      to see, what cher is all about. I set myself up as a detractor,
      while my friend set himself up as pro-eck. My friend would post
      passages which he credited to klemp or twitchell. Mostly these
      passages were hogwash. Although the passages sounded quite
      esoteric, they were totally senseless manure. Cher would praise
      them, agree with them, condone them, etc etc etc simply because he
      put the eck brand on the mess. Sometimes he posted passages that
      utterly contradicted eckankar perceptions, and again, they sounded
      quite mystical. As long as the stuff was attributed to eck
      literature, chernobyl was dancing on her fat little feet in
      agreement.

      I, on the other hand, posted passages straight from klemp and
      twitchell. I often quoted the shariyat. Because I was a known
      detractor, chernut tore sh** out of it all. It's not that I would
      expect even the most aredent eckist to memorize the entire eck
      library, but the passages I posted encapsulated key concepts. But I
      attributed them to Ford, or Lane, or whoever; so the enlightened
      eckists pissed on their own scripture.

      In all fairness I met a few, a very few, eckists who had some grasp
      of spiritual process - and chose, for whatever personal reasons, to
      stay with eckankar. But the majority were variations of cher.
      Folks who had simply grabbed on to an available raft. It could have
      been any raft, but, in their moment of need, the eck ship floated
      across their transom.

      For the chers, eckankar exists as some conglomeration of personal
      need and makeshift spiritual ideas. The potential for authentic
      growth, even transformation, which is possible when one undertakes a
      spiritual discipline (vigorous self honesty), totally eludes the
      chers as they pass out fliers, post endless eckle platitudes, and
      battle the detractors. This mindless warfare is the substitute for
      the rigors of authentic evaluation.

      zoey

      Hi, Zoey!

      I think I read this dialogue with Cher over on A.R.E., but I don't
      recall how she extricated herself from "the" test! Or if she was
      even clued in that it was a test that she failed miserably. The one
      thing I notice with Cheryl, and the other eckists like her, is that
      she seldom if ever apologizes for being wrong, nasty, insensitive,
      etc. The best one can expect is a slight acknowledgment with one of
      her "<grin>"s! Or she sinks back down into the hole she crawls out
      of and remains hidden until she thinks it has all gone away. One
      doesn't know what she is doing behind the scenes as far as getting
      her "friends" stirred up enough to do her battling. Basically,
      though, Cheryl "knows everything!" I mean "everything!" Mention a
      topic and she has the answer or best opinion. She is so well
      schooled and her mental processes are working with such clarity that
      she above all others is above reproach--NOT! Cheryl is a real "big-
      headed" joke, and she's a major reason for people to be turned off
      from eckankar. Her vahana work as exemplified by her higher
      initiation behavior and comments does serve the purpose of
      discouraging others from wanting to get on the eckankar bandwagon. I
      also suspect that she has driven some eckists to leave the
      teachings, because she is definitely good proof that eckankar is (to
      use one of your terms) pure hogwash! Spiritual seekers do not need
      to follow a master or listen to the dribblings of such delusional
      chelas like Cheryl! However, personally, I enjoy watching the
      destructive workings of Cheryl--she does a great job of detracting!
      She's sort of like a team member for us here on ESA! We point out
      the flaws in the teachings and she demonstrates them for us! LOL!

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Zoey and Mish,
        You both make some good points about the Kal-Eckist, Cheryl, on
        Eckankar's HU-Chat [Vahana (missionary)] site. I always thought that
        Cheryl was a frustrated 4th Initiate like Peter A. who had to become
        a "Cleric" via the Universal Life Church. Now a days, Eckists cannot
        become Clerics in Eckankar without two years as a 5th Initiate plus
        the trainings, recommendations, etc.

        C.G.'s vanity would, more than likely, indicate that she was now
        an H.I. I'm always amazed to see how Cheryl ends up negating
        her "humble" and "sensitive" posts with her two-faced <smile>. Yes,
        she's good at judging others without taking any responsibility or
        ownership for her own nastiness. There have been many on HU-Chat
        that never attacked her, but needed to defend themselves or leave
        the site due to her negativity. Cheryl was always the suspicious and
        aggressive one (a true Kal-Eckist) ready to pounce like a mad (and
        untrained) attack dog!

        I'm really surprised that an Eckankar Vahana site like HU-Chat
        wouldn't have oversight by Public Information or RESA Services at
        the ESC. What is Klemp thinking?! Cheryl G. and other like-minded HU-
        Chat Vahanas are loud and clear proof that Eckankar is a big pile of
        crap! There is No Higher Leadership Consciousness by Klemp's RESAs
        or ESC Staff members. And, there is No Higher Consciousness via
        Outer Communication, Responsibility, and Follow-Through by Klemp, as
        the LEM. Therefore, how can there be true Inner Communication by a
        Mahanta if the LEM can't even deal with the Lower Planes! The proof
        is in the pudding and Cheryl and company is proof of Klemp's
        ineffectiveness and claims as a "Modern Prophet" or anything else!

        When the "Prophet" (Klemp) doesn't know about Cheryl types what does
        that say about his powers and insight! Or, if Klemp does "know" of
        Cheryl and permits this Kal like behaviour what does that say about
        Klemp? I really think that the Cheryl types of Kal-Eckists is just
        more proof that Klemp is also a Kal agent and that Eckankar is just
        another illusional religious trap!

        Prometheus

        Mish
      • Non ekster
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Grundee and Company are indeed Kal agents and this has been proven
          over and over in real time. They are simply slopping around in their
          own eck poo like the eck monkeys they are! <smile>

          Noneckster ; )

> [...]
          > she above all others is above reproach--NOT! Cheryl is a real "big-
          > headed" joke, and she's a major reason for people to be turned off
          > from eckankar. Her vahana work as exemplified by her higher
          > initiation behavior and comments does serve the purpose of
          > discouraging others from wanting to get on the eckankar bandwagon. I
          > also suspect that she has driven some eckists to leave the
          > teachings, because she is definitely good proof that eckankar is (to
          > use one of your terms) pure hogwash! Spiritual seekers do not need
          > to follow a master or listen to the dribblings of such delusional
          > chelas like Cheryl! However, personally, I enjoy watching the
          > destructive workings of Cheryl--she does a great job of detracting!
          > She's sort of like a team member for us here on ESA! We point out
          > the flaws in the teachings and she demonstrates them for us! LOL!

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2006
            "Non ekster" <eckchains@...> wrote:

            Grundee and Company are indeed Kal agents and this has been proven
            over and over in real time. They are simply slopping around in their
            own eck poo like the ECK MONKEYS they are! <smile>

            --------------------------------

            LOL I just couldn't resist reposting the following Monkey
            messages! ;-) Least we forget, I believe it should be pointed out
            how smart Cheryl from Hu-chat really isn't!

            Enjoy,
            Elizabeth

            ---------------------------------

            Those Monkeys are everywhere! ;-)

            "selling" HU ??

            On 6/21/06, Jeanne (removed) wrote:

            Remember the story of the 100 monkeys? A monkey on one
            island learned that he should wash his food before
            eating it. Not only did all the monkeys on his island
            start washing their food, but all the monkeys on the
            surrounding islands did so as well.

            When we raise our own state of consciousness by
            singing HU, we bring everyone else along with us!
            Cool stuff, huh?
            In ECK,
            Jeanne

            On 6/21/06, Cher wrote:

            Essentially this has been disproven, and it's now an urban legend
            spread mostly in new age circles. It's a nice story, too bad it isn't
            true. <smile>

            (ME) Too bad Cher didn't point out this Urban Legend was also used
            by Harold Klemp!

            Repost from ESA
            Mish wrote:

            It really is amazing how even stories like "The Hundredth Monkey"
            and "The Starfish" were stolen
            by Klemp. I guess he figured that no one would really bother to
            discover this, or, even worse, care! The indifference to truth in
            order to "believe" a lie is incredible! Obviously, in some belief
            systems, truth is not important--the fantasy of feeling more
            spiritually advanced than most people feeds the delusions of the
            mind.

            Another repost from ESA
            Prometheus wrote:

            This points out the flaws
            in Klemp's (the Mahanta's) authenticity as even a true "Spiritual
            Leader" let alone the other outlandish claims!

            I read the "Handbook to Higher Consciousness" by Ken Keyes Jr. back
            in the 1970's when his Living Love Church was first located in (I
            think) St. Mary's, Kentucky. Keyes also wrote a book titled, "The
            Hundredth Monkey."

            I remember being at the Eck seminar talk where HK first told "The
            Hundredth Monkey" story. Therefore, this story should also be in one
            of the Mahanta Transcripts! This just goes to show how Klemp
            recycles the stories he "borrows" from others in order to "write"
            another book since Kaye mentions it is also in Parables 3.
            THE HUNDREDTH MONKEY story is to point out how the
            Mahanta has helped consciousness to expand and grow for Eckists and
            for Eckists to read between the lines as to how this "expansion" has
            affected and helped world consciousness to be raised. Actually,
            Klemp never directly points out how the expansion of consciousness
            for Eckists benefits anyone except paying members of Eckankar!

            And another repost from ESA
            Kaye wrote:

            Hi All,

            I wanted to point out that Harold Klemp used *The Hundredth Monkey
            story* in "The Book of ECK Parables, Volume 3".

            And provide The Hundredth Monkey article which appears on page 227
            by the original
            author that reads as follows:

            The Hundredth Monkey by Ken Keyes, jr.
            The Japanese monkey, Macaca fuscata, had been observed in the wild
            for a period of over 30 years.

            In 1952, on the island of Koshima, scientists were providing monkeys
            with sweet potatoes dropped in the sand. The monkeys liked the taste
            of the raw sweet potatoes, but they found the dirt unpleasant.

            An 18-month-old female named Imo found she could solve the problem
            by washing the potatoes in a nearby stream. She taught this trick to
            her mother. Her playmates also learned this new way and they taught
            their mothers too.

            This cultural innovation was gradually picked up by various monkeys
            before the eyes of the scientists.

            Between 1952 and 1958 all the young monkeys learned to wash the
            sandy sweet potatoes to make them more palatable.

            Only the adults who imitated their children learned this social
            improvement. Other adults kept eating the dirty sweet potatoes.

            Then something startling took place. In the autumn of 1958, a
            certain number of Koshima monkeys were washing sweet potatoes -- the
            exact number is not known.

            Let us suppose that when the sun rose one morning there were 99
            monkeys on Koshima Island who had learned to wash their sweet
            potatoes.

            Let's further suppose that later that morning, the hundredth monkey
            learned to wash potatoes.

            THEN IT HAPPENED!

            By that evening almost everyone in the tribe was washing sweet
            potatoes before eating them.

            The added energy of this hundredth monkey somehow created an
            ideological breakthrough!

            But notice.

            A most surprising thing observed by these scientists was that the
            habit of washing sweet potatoes then jumped over the sea --

            Colonies of monkeys on other islands and the mainland troop of
            monkeys at Takasakiyama began washing their sweet potatoes.

            Thus, when a certain critical number achieves an awareness, this new
            awareness may be communicated from mind to mind.

            Although the exact number may vary, this Hundredth Monkey Phenomenon
            means that when only a limited number of people know of a new way,
            it may remain the conscious property of these people.

            But there is a point at which if only one more person tunes-in to a
            new awareness, a field is strengthened so that this awareness is
            picked up by almost everyone!

            (from the book "The Hundredth Monkey" by Ken Keyes, jr. The book is
            not copyrighted and the material may be reproduced in whole or in
            part. You can look at the whole book also.)

            Kaye wrote:
            I did not provide HK's dry, lifeless version, if anyone wants to
            read it please let me know.

            The author gave permission to share this story, so why did HK not
            print the story in its' original form and why didn't he give
            proper credit to the author, Ken Keyes, Jr.?

            It seems to me that some Spiritual writers/teachers are willing to
            share their knowledge with others free of charge, while others cash-
            in every chance they get!

            After HK retells Keyes' story, he goes on to say that when
            the "hundredth monkey" in the E teachings is reached then the E
            teachings will reach the rest of the world. The jump in
            consciousness will occur because of the dynamic law of ECK. (ICK!):/

            To conclude Cher also wrote:

            http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC09/Myers.htm The Hundredth Monkey
            Revisited
            Going back to the original sources puts a new light on this popular
            story
            by Elaine Myers

            On 6/21/06, Cheryl grunde wrote:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_Monkey

            "In 1985, Elaine Myers re-examined the original published research in
            "The Hundredth Monkey Revisited" in the journal In Context. In her
            review she found that the original research reports by the Japan
            Monkey Center in vol. 2, 5 and 6 of the journal Primates differ from
            Watson's story in significant ways. In short, it contains no evidence
            that the 'Hundredth Monkey' phenomenon exists; the published articles
            only describe how the sweet potato washing behavior gradually spread
            through the monkey troop and became part of the set of learned
            behaviors of young monkeys. There is no evidence at all of a critical
            number at which the idea suddenly spread to other islands, and none
            of
            the original researchers ever made such a claim."

            ################################

            The Hundredth Monkey story and Cheryl's comments

            Hi All,
            Yes, this is funny how Cheryl ("Cher" of HU-Chat and A.R.E. fame) is
            disproving and contradicting her very own LEM/Mahanta! One wonders
            why she believes all the other HK crap, unless, she is just using
            Eckankar as a temporary security blanket. Funny, how some people
            (Eckists included) are their own worst enemy! Cher is an Eck
            detractor and doesn't see it or realize it! On the other hand, maybe
            she's finally beginning to question things and see the real Truth?!
            It could be that her anger, that she directs outwardly, is due to
            her frustrations with the contradictions and nonsense she sees in
            the Eck teachings. <smile>

            Prometheus
            --------------------------------------

            It really is a marvel that Cheryl has provened this popular "eck"
            story to be an urban legend! I wonder at what level of awareness she
            was operating from? LOL! I had heard the Hundredth Monkey referenced
            many times by eckists--it truly is a favorite one! But now those who
            have the ears to hear and eyes to see will know that it is a bogus
            story just like eckankar, the mahanta, the eck masters, the
            initiations, and all of it are bogus. Just one more proof of it all
            being a scam!

            Mish

            ##########

            And More Monkey Talk ;-)

            *Ancient Atlantis Monkey People*

            So sad, and yet so unbelievable! Did this come from one of HK's
            own Dreams, or from some Sci Fi movie or story? What kind of person
            could come up with such twisted stuff like this?

            ######

            http://vclass.mtsac.edu:940/dlane/ecknew.htm

            "Letters still cross my desk from people who juggle the meaning of
            Paul's January 1971 Illuminated Way Letter. He said that the next
            Mahanta would be along in about fifteen years, and that he might
            appoint an ECK Master to serve in the interim until the appointment
            of the next Mahanta. They count their fingers like monkeys in a zoo,
            scratch their heads, and lay their lack of success with the
            spiritual exercises to an outer cause."

            Analysis: ECK Monkeys. I wonder which initiation that is?

            Perhaps Harold is referring to this uplifting (not) story from one
            of his first discourses:

            "In ancient Atlantis, the people were working with the manipulation
            of the black arts, which left the entire civilization with a taint
            of cruelty upon it such as has seldom been seen, even in modern
            times. Captives of war were taken into slavery, but their captors
            shortened their spines through surgery, removing the spine from
            between the shoulder blades to the coccyx. This produced grotesque
            dwarfs who were made house servants, and their appearance always
            marked them as subservient to the citizens. The captive was put into
            occupational therapy the day after the operation, made to swim in a
            pool in order to strengthen the new muscles and to accustom him to
            the short brace, fabricated to the outside of the spine to
            strengthen his back. The slaves, thereafter, took on the appearance
            of monkeys." - The ECK Satsang Discourses, Third Series, Harold
            Klemp, Page 40.

            It Matters to This Starfish - HK' s Plagiarism

            Thanks for pointing out that the Mahanta (Klemp) has Nothing
            Original to share, especially, in regard to inspiring Eckists with
            his own words of wisdom. When an author Does Not give credit for his
            sources this is theft (plagiarism) and unethical!

            I'm surprised that Frank (on HU-Chat) pointed out who the original
            author was of Klemp's "STARFISH" story! However, Frank Should Not
            dig too deeply for the Truth, unless, he is ready to ponder It
            further and is willing to connect the dots. I wonder if he and
            Harald have read "Confessions of a God Seeker?" I doubt if these
            deluded Eckists could handle a nice slow read and a pondering (or
            contemplation) of facts and truth!

            Eckists have too much to lose if the rug of illusion is jerked out
            from under them. What would they replace Eckankar with? Total
            Freedom from man-made religions and other distractions is Not for
            everyone at any given moment! And, that is why there are delusional
            paths (Eckankar, etc.) of all sorts for most people.

            Eckists aren't special except in their own minds, and the
            outer/inner initiations aren't real except for the ego! Let's face
            it - Eckankar is just another "feel good" religion where Klemp takes
            credit for the "feel good!" Any "feel bad" just means that Eckists
            haven't deluded themselves enough and that's their fault! LOL!

            BTW- I just had two Jehovah Witnesses come to the door. I asked if
            they were Mormons! LOL! See, these people are as bad as Eckists.
            They are arrogant while trying to appear humble. They think that
            their religion and beliefs are the highest, the best, and the one
            true path to God (Realization). They are like Eckists, especially,
            since Klemp has made Eckankar more Christian (Luthern) than
            Sikh/Hindu. Actually, Eckankar is a sect of Kirpal Singh's sect of
            Sikhism, except, Twitchell created the multi-initiation (caste)
            system which made Eckankar more like Hinduism. Klemp kept the multi-
            level initiation caste system pyramid and then made Eckankar more
            Christian like with hymns like "Amazing HU (Grace)," the Eck Worship
            Services, a Missionary Program, and Clerics, etc.

            So, Eckankar's Higher Initiations are a joke! I find it even more
            amusing that former H.I.'s think that those 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and
            9th initiations (even Darwin's 14th) indicated a higher
            consciousness! LOL!

            The ego really needs to feel "superior normal" and, therefore,
            blinds itself from the truth. And, this is why Klemp's ego has to
            bolster itself through someone else's words, by "writing" dozens of
            books, and by being listed in Who's Who! It's a Joke - Eckists just
            don't get it! <smile>
            From "The Book of Parables, Volume 3", 1991, Page
            277.

            I've reposted the original story and then HK's plagiarized story.

            The Starfish by Loren Eisley

            There was a young man walking down a deserted beach just before
            dawn. In the distance he saw a frail old man. As he approached the
            old man, he saw him picking up stranded starfish and throwing them
            back into the sea. The young man gazed in wonder as the old man
            again and again threw the small starfish from the sand to the water.
            He asked, "Old man, why do you spend so much energy doing whseems
            to be a waste of time?"

            The old man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left
            in the morning sun.

            "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish!",
            exclaimed the young man. "How can you make any difference?"

            The old man looked down at the small starfish in his hand and as he
            threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "I made a difference to
            this one."

            $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

            [HK's version]: It Matters to This Starfish

            An old man was walking down by the sea, and he saw a young boy
            throwing things back into the water. He got closer and saw they were
            starfish. "what are you doing?", he asked the boy.

            The boy said, "these starfish are going to die if they don't get
            back into the water."

            The old man looked up and down the beach and
            saw thousands and thousands of starfish. "but what does it matter?"
            he asked the boy.

            The boy looked at the starfish in his hand and said, "It matters
            to this one."
          • Elizabeth
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2006
              Hello Zoey!

              After reading this post, I now know who you are, as I recall you
              sharing this same story under a different name! ;-) I appologise
              for calling you a troll when you first joined this group. I hope
              you will continue to share your "pre and post" Eckankrap experiences
              with us!

              Elizabeth