Q: How Did Klemp Get His Spiritual Name of WAH-Z?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2006
      Hi Q,
      Gross (aka The Black Magician) was trying to prepare his apprentice
      Klemp to take over as LEM, and HK needed a spiritual name. I only know
      that Sri Darwin Gross gave Klemp the "WAH" part of his spiritual name.
      Maybe HK reminded DG of a crying baby going WAH-WAH! In others words,
      was Klemp doing a lot of complaining and nip-picking and "crying"
      around about the behaviours or inattention to details of other Eckists
      at work, at the ESC, around 1979-1980? Maybe Gross gave Klemp
      the "WAH" as a passive/aggressive joke of sorts? Maybe it was due to a
      premonition of what was to come. Anyway, reference to this WAH being
      given to Klemp by DG can be found in Klemp's book "Soul Travelers of
      the Far Country" in Chapter 10.

      So, where did Klemp get the "Z" part for his spiritual name? Of
      course, there had to be some source to the inspiration, and we all
      know that Eckists are now encouraged to discover their own "Spiritual
      Names." Usually people will look to an outer/inner influence that they
      can relate to or admire for a clue. In Klemp's case the inpiration to
      even look for a spiritual name came via Darwin Gross. I believe that
      when Klemp was writing Chapter 2 of "The Wind of Change" (copyright
      1980) and talking of his family's farm cat, Zsa Zsa, that Klemp got
      the idea to use "Z."

      If one counts up how many times the cat's name "Zsa Zsa" is used in
      this chapter (including under a picture) it amounts to 23 times.
      However, when one counts the number of times "Z" is used (in the name)
      it is doubled to 46 times! Writing or typing this capital Z that many
      times, while thinking of his cat with fond memories, during a period
      of time (1979-1980) that he is told to think of a spiritual name was
      probably an influential factor. Therefore, I can see where HK got
      the "Z." The "WAH" (for whatever reason) was added by Gross.