Etznab - Please Reply

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 9, 2006
      Hi Etznab,
      I would appreciate it if you would respond in regard to your
      conspiracy comments below. Why did you write this? Please explain.

      It seems, from what you have said, that nothing will unplug you from
      Eckankar and that's why you unplugged early on from "Confessions."
      You seem to think that it would have to be a "government" conspiracy
      instead of a non-government cult/scam for you to be able to let go
      of Twitchell's vocational scam/joke. The government conspiracy
      thing, you mentioned, sounds more like David Icke/Tranceformation
      paranoia. What about the Eckankar conspiracy of distortions,
      contradictions, plagiarisms, and lies?! Is Truth no longer
      important? Please explain to us why you believe Eckankar is based
      upon the highest truths of anything anywhere!

      As I asked, would you please explain your comments listed below.

      Prometheus

      etznab wrote:

      Mish,

      OK. I misread the post and thought your quote was one of the book
      quotes.

      What would cause me to unplug from Eckankar?

      You would have to convince me that Eckankar was some kind of twisted
      government think-tank experiment designed and initiated to capture
      people's imaginations by state-of-the-art technologies that could
      stimulate light and/or sound reactions in the brains and bodies of
      test subjects from a non-local source leading them to believe in
      higher beings and the words of higher beings controlled by same.
      That would make me want to unplug.

      Did I read Ford's book to the end? I read all except part of the
      commentary at the end.