Eckankar: The Wisdom Notes by H. Klemp ... June 2005 #1

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2005

      [Part 1]

      This will be presented in 4 (?) parts in order to save space and to
      allow people to analyze the material. I will do a running commentary
      on HK's extrapolations, but feel free to make your own observations.

      HK: "Moving the ECKANKAR Spiritual Center onto the ECK campus in
      Chanhassen has brought us all together--the head and body. This will
      help us better reach the people who are ready for ECK. It's a
      problem to reach people because, just like a fog, they have trouble
      seeing a light from without. Now that we're all together in one
      body, on one campus, reaching the right people should be easier."

      ME: Perhaps, the real problem that Eckankar has in reaching
      the "right people" is because Harold and his followers (Eckists) are
      the ones in the "fog" and their "problem" is with Not seeing the
      light from within! Or, is Harold saying, the more the merrier and
      that all Eckists should move to Chanhassen in order to bring
      everyone together? Are a few miles all that important for the great
      Mahanta? By the way, it seems that Harold is saying that the ESC is
      the "body" of Eckankar. That's a rather materialistic p.o.v.!

      HK: "It depends on you, the chelas of ECK, to make it so."

      ME: Yes, "make it so" number one (as Captain Picard would say)!

      HK: "There's always the element of free will. We're not like the
      Borg of Star Trek fame that march mindlessly. Each one of us has a
      connection with the Sound Current and can choose to march in step
      with the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master or to become impediments to
      ourselves and others on the path of ECK."

      ME: But Harold... there is no free will in the Eckankar Collective!
      Everyone has been assimilated through the promises (inner
      initiations and Eck Mastership), guidelines, and threats of exile to
      an astral hell! Let's not forget that inner connection to the
      Collective ("Sound Current") either. And, Eckists DO mindlessly
      march in step with the King drone (the Mahanta). It's interesting
      that HK came up with the "Borg" analogy... has he been browsing
      Internet sites lately?

      HK: "Now that we're all together on one campus, there will be a
      greater unity of spirit. There's no longer a split in the body, like
      in the split personality of some who've stepped off the path."

      ME: Wait a minute Klemp! You just stated that being in Eckankar was
      not like being a Borg, and that Eckists had free will! However, you
      did mention how Eckists could become "impediments to ourselves and
      others on the path of ECK." Did you mean that you too ("ourselves")
      can be an "impediment" to yourself and to "others on the path of
      ECK?" Maybe, on an unconsciousness level, Soul was speaking the
      truth, and is looking in the mirror!

      HK: "Those few, who stand on the outside now, have set themselves
      above others. They think they know more than the Living ECK Master,
      yet they pretend to have a bond with the Mahanta. In their minds
      they try to split off the Mahanta from the Living ECK Master. But
      it's reall just a schizophrenic split within themselves."

      ME: Okay, who has stepped "outside" of Eckankar, but "pretend to
      have a bond with the Mahanta?" Is this Michael Owens, or someone
      else? It can't be Ford. Actually, Harold, those "outside" of
      Eckankar have a much clearer view of reality than you will ever
      have! And, it's not that people "think" that they know more than a
      fake master (the l.e.m., mahanta), but it's that they really do!
      You're a fruitloop! Look in the mirror Harold... you're the
      delusional schizophrenic!

      HK: "They've simply come as far as they can. Their leaving weeds the
      garden of ECK."

      ME: It's interesting that there are mistakes or type o's made here.
      Wasn't HK a proof reader at one time? Okay, it should say... They're
      leaving weeds in the garden of ECK. But HK has said in the past that
      the Kal pulls the weeds from the ECK garden. Therefore, Harold is
      saying that he is the Kal! Once again, the truth of his unconscious
      mind, and of Soul, speaks without the ego detecting it!

      More will be posted later.

      Prometheus
    • l2eigh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2005
        > HK: "They've simply come as far as they can. Their leaving weeds the
        > garden of ECK."
        >
        > ME: It's interesting that there are mistakes or type o's made here.
        > Wasn't HK a proof reader at one time? Okay, it should say... They're
        > leaving weeds in the garden of ECK.

        Hi Prometheus:
        :-) No, this actually reads as it's written. "Their leaving weeds the garden
        of ECK." means: they're weeds, and by leaving they weed the garden.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2005
          Hi Leigh,

          Ah yes, I see it now! My mistake. Yes, HK is saying that those
          leaving are weeds, and that by leaving (or graduating) that they
          are "weeding" themselves from the Eck garden. Harold's sentence
          structure is not the best and has a lot to be desired. But, HK is
          still implying that this is a negative or distortive act, therefore,
          why doesn't the Mahanta weed the Eck garden? Or, why doesn't the
          Mahanta show compassion for those whom he has labeled as having a
          split personality (schizophrenic), and assist and protect them.
          Where is the Mahanta's love, protection, and help? The truth is that
          it doesn't exist and never has except in one's own mind. Perhaps, it
          is this that led to the schizophrenic behavior as it has with Harold.

          Prometheus

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"