One last thought

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
      I wonder Etznab, have you read anything by Eckhart
      Tolle? "Stillness Speaks", or "The Power Of Now" and the companion
      book, "Practicing The Power of Now". There is also a new one out I
      have, but have not read just yet titled "A New Earth, Awakening To
      Your Life's Purpose". I think I might also recommend Jed McKenna's
      books "Spiritual Enlightenment, The Damnedest Thing",
      and "Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment". All excellent books.

      Another thing I found we have in common Etznab, is a love for music
      and the words they contain. I can just about always find a song
      that fits what ever mood, or situation going on in my life "in" the
      moment. My love for music, (though I can't hold a tune or play an
      instrument) the music, it's words and melodies always seems to take
      me to another place....

      Hope you are resting up! I thought I would mention one last thing
      too; when I first contemplated Eckankar the truth and the lies of
      the teachings, I too felt ill. I believe it is normal when we are
      putting our treasured beliefs under a microscope.

      Where ever you land, know that we all have been in your shoes at one
      point too.

      Hugs,
      Liz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        Liz,

           If a person could compile all of the lyrics to every song ever sung since the beginning of life on Earth, I think they could find the answer to every question ever devised. Song is a testimony and form of confession often used, but often overlooked. Just because something is written in a Bible or spoken by a preacher, that doesn't make it the only Living "Shariyat". So much has already been said.

           Speaking about confession. I wrote a post that I sent to TruthSeeker instead of here. The reason being that I am partial to the option of justified text format. That is when both borders of the text run evenly parallel to the text in between. I didn't want the post to get broken in pieces.

           If it doesn't get posted and there is no other option, I will try and send that post here. The title was called "Life of an Ideal". It's a summary and true confession about what I have found after looking over religious scripture and history.

        Etznab

           I'll have to check again the options in my email program and here on E.S.C. to see whether or not I failed to mention that option.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi, Etznab!

          I just read your new post on TS and I really like it. For some
          reason that post and the one you posted yesterday sound so different
          from what you ordinarily seem to write--is this all a part of
          your "brand new day?" It's good! : )

          Mish

          p.s. I'd like to see it posted here, if you don't mind doing so!