Reply to Mish and Liz

  • makiztor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      Mish,

      I enjoyed your post from earlier today. And especially the point
      about having Soul awareness even before joining a church.

      Over the past few years since Ford's book came out, I spoke with
      next to nobody at my church about the contents. However, before and
      after that book came out and when I was going over the outer history
      to my religion, I did manage to put out a few questions to my clergy.
      To be brief, the answers that I got either amounted to "I don't
      remember." or else the answers were different (incorrect) from the
      actual truth. (Not to mention "Never mind that.") Needless to say,
      this only added to my anxiety.

      Furthermore, with regard to my personal research about the history
      of words and religion, I have shared this with next to nobody as well.
      (That I posted my research on a website(s) Even in spite of the fact
      that when I mentioned my E-Trivia timeline to Doug Marman a long time
      ago, he said something like "You should share it." (Maybe not exact
      quote, but the general idea.)

      The truth is that I don't want to share what I have found with
      people who can't listen to what "might not" necessarily agree with
      them. Sometimes it is not worth it. Today, when I woke to realize how
      all of my thoughts and emotions were only layered over the top of
      Soul, my true inner being and higher self, I was glad. It was also a
      confirmation when I thought to myself "Didn't somebody else already
      say something about their experience with a new day?" That was when I
      remembered the U2 song and how the words Soul were edited out at the
      end. It was a waking dream parallel to what I was experiencing. I was
      not arguing for any particular religion by mentioning the word Soul.
      I don't even know exactly what Bono meant by it. However, the way I
      saw it, the message was clear in what it meant to me.

      Also, I have shared with next to nobody at church that I post on
      either here or T.S. In fact I imagine it could turn detrimental to
      both T.S., E.S.A., and also to my religion if I did so. The reason
      being that I know of "evangelists" at my church whom I suspect would
      not have what it takes to find common ground between themselves and
      others who could pose a threat to their cherished beliefs. I recall
      the example about a tour guide at the Temple of Eck (OK, I mentioned
      the E-word :) showing around a couple of people from a different kind
      of religion from their own. The tour guide couldn't understand at
      first why the other people were so silent or seemed closed off. Not
      until she asked them about their religion!

      Quite frankly, I can't absolutely say that everybody at my church
      would be open to listening about your's and other people's religious
      beliefs here on E.S.C. I imagine some would find themselves quite
      horrified by the prospect! That is all I can say about this topic.

      Liz: You are absolutely right. Sometimes we do need a rest. Thanks
      for what you shared.