Brand New Beautiful Day

  • makiztor
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      The following post was initially sent to T.S., but it has here
      been modified to fit this screen.

      Brand New Beautiful Day

      Last night I got some sleep. This morning I slept in. But today I
      woke to a brand new day. What do I mean? I'll try to explain. Not
      that the experience needs an explanation to be. Not for me. But I
      thought that it might be worth sharing with you.

      Maybe I can put this into some kind of context. In order to do
      that I will have to recount the past. The time before it happened.
      There is a degree of client confidentially that I will have to
      observe, but even so I believe that I am able to get the point across.

      For almost the last two years I had been waking up at 5:30 a.m.
      and getting ready for work by six o'clock. I worked for a person with
      Alzheimer's disease who lived in a facility for same. My client lived
      on the floor for those in the most advanced stages. After leaving
      work in the late afternoon, I would go shopping on my way home and
      return to my 93-year-old relative who (also) had a failing memory and
      some physical disabilities. One of which was bad hearing. When there
      was time for myself I transcribed (typing with two fingers)the daily
      news that I had read about in the newspaper during the day. Almost
      always I had the television on next to my computer. I would have it
      on CNN, or Hardball with Chris Matthews, etc. When it was all said
      and done, my work day amounted to about eleven hours! Usually I would
      get to sleep late. On most nights I actually fell asleep after 12:00
      a.m. in the morning. I was getting maybe four to six hours of sleep a
      night for almost two years.

      Just before my religious New Year, and before the Diwali Festival
      of Lights in India and the states, my client passed away. This was on
      the day before my elderly relative came out of the hospital from
      surgery. I was thinking to myself, "Oh. This is the New Year. So it's
      time for new beginnings.

      Well, it has been about two or three weeks now since getting layed
      off. Because I had some spare time and there wasn't much posting
      going on at T.S., I decided to visit E.S.A. and started posting here.
      Needless to say, all of the reading and typing had mostly amounted to
      more stress. This brings me closer to the present moment.

      Last night my stomach was feeling upset, which is not normal for
      me. During the day I only had one small meal followed by some garlic
      in order to fight a cold. (A cold that I have had since before
      getting layed off! Something also not normal for me.) So before going
      to bed I took a small amount of goldenseal herb and then went to
      sleep.

      This morning was somehow different from other mornings. I said to
      myself "I guess that goldenseal worked. I feel? I feel good." But it
      was more than that. I felt (experienced) an undifferientiated,
      impersonal, or totally neutral quality of being. It was a brand new
      day. There wasn't anything on my mind. I woke up to the realization
      of a state which preceeded the creation of thought. From that vantage
      point I was able to view my life over the past two years from a whole
      different angle. It was like waking up in the morning on top a hill
      in the country. It was like walking outside to sunshine and fresh air
      and looking out across a beautiful valley from on top an adjacent
      mountain over a beautiful landscape. So many different shapes and
      forms of different sizes... but they were somehow one. It was as
      though whatever there was in my life at that moment, it was one whole
      homogenous harmony!

      I have encountered this kind of peace and tranquility before. This
      time, however, it was a long time in coming. I can't really capture
      for you in words the scope of what I enjoyed, but I am hoping after
      this encounter it will have a more indelible impression on my memory
      and mind. This is the kind of thing that I would like to carry around
      with me everywhere I go. But then, it was probably always with me
      anyway. In the heart of Soul.

      I should probably close with this. People with Alzheimers disease
      are not able to fully adapt to their environment. When working with
      them, you have to learn to adapt to theirs! No matter how peculiar or
      strange that might appear to be. I realized today that I had not only
      been trying to adapt to the environment of people with poor memories.
      I was trying to adapt to the environments, the people, and every form
      of manifestation that I encountered. I was adapting to an early
      schedule; to a working environment and other people (not only
      clients); to the news in the paper and on the television (not very
      nice); to my family and home environment; to my church community; and
      even to people online! Etc., Etc., Etc., Last but not least, I was
      trying to adapt to "my own" thoughts and feelings about what all of
      this meant. To me! This is why today I said that I woke up to a brand
      new day. There was a moment that I found just after waking, and where
      I paused. It was a moment that felt fresh and new. It was a moment
      before thought of future or memory of past. It not only helped me to
      feel relaxed. It helped me to realize something that was more
      valuable than words could say. Somehow. Some way. I had recognized
      the innate ability to return to a state of brand new beginning. (At
      any moment night or day!) It dawned on me today (again) that there
      was (is) a place before thought, before emotion, and before physical
      reality. It was, in fact, their place of origin. It was the place of
      sustenance for all that followed or what ultimately registered as my
      various states of consciousness. Today I found the time and place for
      a brand new beautiful day. Even more than that, I realized (maybe
      even "U2") that I don't have to let it get away!

      Speaking of a "beautiful day" (and this hadn't occurred to me
      until near the end of this post), some years ago around the time of
      New Year's Eve I recorded a live version of the song "A Beautiful
      Day" by U2 as they sung it at a club in New York City. Some words
      were sung at the end of that song that sounded to me (I could be
      wrong) like: The goal is Soul! Soul! The goal is Soul! Soul! Etc.
      Please if anybody knows the exact words to that song let me know.
      Meanwhile I will check online to see if I can find them. I do know
      that in the radio version, and even in (I believe) the recored
      version, that part of the song (that I heard) was/is censored. That
      is, you don't here those last words at all (So much for freedom of
      speech. Not to mention Freedom of Religion!!!). However, even if
      those words are not the same as the ones I heard, I do know, beyond a
      doubt (I have the recording) that there were more words at the end of
      that song.

      Well, it appears that even the online version is censored too.
      Here is a link:

      http://www.lyricsondemand.com/u/u2lyrics/beautifuldaylyrics.html

      Oh! Wait just a minute! HERE IS THE UNCENSORED VERSION (scroll down
      to the last words):

      http://uj-soadroxmysox.aboutmylife.net/12848.html

      Though I initially entitled this post Brand New Day, I now have
      changed it to Brand New Beautiful Day.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
        Etznab,

        I think your post is beautiful! Thanks! And might I suggest that you
        try to get more sleep--dreams are a part of the brand new day! Glad
        you are part of our online community. : )

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "makiztor"
        <etznab@...> wrote:

> [...]
        That
        > is, you don't here those last words at all (So much for freedom of
        > speech. Not to mention Freedom of Religion!!!). However, even if
        > those words are not the same as the ones I heard, I do know,
        beyond a
        > doubt (I have the recording) that there were more words at the end
        of
        > that song.
        >
        > Well, it appears that even the online version is censored too.
        > Here is a link:
        >
        > http://www.lyricsondemand.com/u/u2lyrics/beautifuldaylyrics.html
        >
        > Oh! Wait just a minute! HERE IS THE UNCENSORED VERSION (scroll
        down
        > to the last words):
        >
        > http://uj-soadroxmysox.aboutmylife.net/12848.html
        >
        > Though I initially entitled this post Brand New Day, I now have

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          Hello Etznab! I want to thank you for sharing your experience! It
          is a Brand New Beautiful Day everyday... I love U2, and thought I
          had heard a similar version as you shared.

          I might mention something you are probably already aware of. As a
          care giver, we sometimes fail to care for ourselves as we should.
          That usually means lack of sleep, (which interfers with our dream
          experiences) we need to take time for ourselves too, in order to
          stay healthy and strong.

          I understand how difficult it can be caring for an elderly family
          member as well. My husband's parents (his father passed a few years
          ago after about 10 years of needing daily care) and his mom is 84
          and has many health issues as well, requires constant care. It can
          be very draining, and my heart goes out to you. I believe your
          writing / poetry must be a way for you to unwind, relax? You do have
          a gift my friend, and I appreciate that you are sharing so openly
          with us!

          I have felt from the begining you are a compassionate person. I am
          sorry your client passed and you are missing your routine. Sometimes
          it does us some good to have a rest period, (unemployed) to regain
          our selves "soul" and to move on to a brand new beautiful day. :-)

          Peace,
          Liz

          <etznab@...> wrote:

> [...]
          That
          > is, you don't here those last words at all (So much for freedom of
          > speech. Not to mention Freedom of Religion!!!). However, even if
          > those words are not the same as the ones I heard, I do know,
          beyond a
          > doubt (I have the recording) that there were more words at the end
          of
          > that song.
          >
          > Well, it appears that even the online version is censored too.
          > Here is a link:
          >
          > http://www.lyricsondemand.com/u/u2lyrics/beautifuldaylyrics.html
          >
          > Oh! Wait just a minute! HERE IS THE UNCENSORED VERSION (scroll
          down
          > to the last words):
          >
          > http://uj-soadroxmysox.aboutmylife.net/12848.html
          >
          > Though I initially entitled this post Brand New Day, I now have

        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2006
            Hello Etznab,

            just wanted to let you know that I read your post through till the
            end - and it's beautiful! Thanks for posting it.

            All the best,
            Ingrid