Re: There Can Be Only One

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      Hi Etznab,
      I enjoyed your post. I snipped some of it down in order to make my
      comments/opinions easier to read. I don't think that this has
      changed the original context overall.

      etznab wrote:

      [snip]
      Another person who desired to bring together world religions was
      Kirpal Singh. Paul Twitchell, the modern day founder of Eckankar,
      had studied under Kirpal Singh.

      ### I really don't see that Kirpal had the "desire" to bring all
      world regigions together anymore than any other religious leader
      spins this for PR purposes. It should be noted that Kirpal was the
      head of just one sect of Radhasoami and that Radhasoami was itself a
      sect which originated from just one (out of many) Hindu sects.
      Kirpal was not an Eck Master. He was a real person that Twitchell
      followed as a chela from 1955-1965.

      Is it then so surprising to read at Eckankar.org/history.html:
      Whatever is THE universal truth, I imagine that it encompasses
      world religions. Not the other way around! Not in it's entirety. The
      term that I used earlier in several places by the words path (or
      Path) to God was intended in a very generic way. It was simply to
      explain my view, that if you want to symbolize it in words,
      that "Path" is as good an example as any to describe what exists
      between one pole of creation (God) and another Earth, etc. I claimed
      that this "path" (not Eckankar Inc.) existed since before world
      religious scriptures and religions.

      ### I would say that THE universal truth is of THE universal mind
      which is of the mental and upper mental (etheric) Planes. Therefore
      these lower truths are within the Kal (Satan) domain and where
      Eckankar and all religions reside. Of course this is just the
      Eckankar view of universal truth. Yes, the true "PATH" is individual
      and goes beyond any religious belief with its dogmatic theology and
      redefined "history" of what took place when and by whom.

      What a church includes as its dogma is NOT the only path to God as
      I see it. Moreover, the physical world is but one stage on
      the "path" as far as I see it. Because where bodies ("inner" bodies)
      travel beyond the physical (before or after death) would entail even
      further stages, or steps (symbolically speaking).

      ### Yes! All religions, eventually, becomes a hinderance to the
      spiritual growth of the sincere Truth/God Seeker.

      So many world religions have and do claim that "there can be only
      one." That there can be only one true religion. That there can be
      only one physical bodily manifestation of God on Earth (at a time).
      This is what they appear to claim. And just so we are on common
      ground, I have been attempting to define world religions (including
      Eckankar Inc.) and their representatives as Living Echo. Not, Living
      God.

      ### This is part of the scam and delusion of mankind. Misery loves
      company. The more believers a religion has equates to the message of
      that religion being true. There is power in numbers, but not
      necessarily Love or Truth. Marx was correct when he stated
      that: "Religion is the opiate of the people." Once again, this is
      why religious leaders want to increase their ranks. It is a trick or
      ploy of the Kal force to bring everyone together in a state of
      universal delusion.

      That there is only "one" path to God, that I agree. But only in the
      sense of what can encompass all paths to God. As for God on Earth? I
      have already explained my view of that. God on Earth (to me) is but
      a Living Echo. Why else do you suppose religions and religious
      representatives claim "There can be only one."(?)

      ### I don't agree with this "'one' path to God" view when you are
      including all religious beliefs. Religions and religious dogmas are
      of the negative. Spiritual Freedom can only be found by walking
      one's own Path not another's. This leads Soul to the One True PATH.
      And, each Soul is Its own living Echo.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        Prometheus,

           In your post you gave this sentence to quote my earlier post:

        Is it then so surprising to read at Eckankar.org/history.html:

           After that sentence (in your post) comes some of what I wrote, instead of the Eck quote,followed by what I wrote. This could make it appear that what exists at the link are my words from that post. This is out of context, but I am assuming that it was not intentional.

           I haven't read all of your postings on this or other boards, however, I have seen some good ones.