Re: Personal Study of God and Its Ways

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006

      > I'm gonna humor you Mish - since I am now beyond the scope of
      rational thought.

      > Do you know anything about astrology? My natal Mercury is
      directly opposed by the planet Saturn. Mercury stands for
      communication and Saturn for limitation or learning by hard
      experience. I always feel oppressed with communicating to others, at
      least in a conventional way. (Is Mercury retrograde now? I'll have
      to check AstroWeather)

      *** Hey Etznab can you humor me too? LOL I only know a little
      about astrology. Though I find it interesting when on a given day,
      my daily horoscope hits the nail on the head! So can you tell me
      anything about being a female born Taurus 4/22/60 10:35 a.m. in MI.?

      I don't know; it seems like you are making an excuse for why you are
      the way you are? No need to explain yourself really? Though this
      subject could be interesting to discuss. I read a book by Psychic
      Sylvia Browne, "Life on the other side". It this book she discusses
      how we each are born with Life Themes. We come here with two
      according to her. One that impels us forward day after day and one
      which is the most accurate description of the compulsion that tries
      to distract us from that drive.

      This to me, is a little more interesting these days. Working with my
      higher self, learning what my life themes are and operating under a
      set of ethics.

      Just some random thoughts this morning, as I get my little one off
      to school.

      Liz
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        Liz,

           I am not a practicing astrologer and think that if you want to know about astrology then it would be better to do a personal study yourself.

           When I mentioned the subject, it was at a time when I felt that humor would be appropriate. Yes, in a way it was an excuse. But I intened it to be a humorous one.

        Etznab
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
          > When I mentioned the subject, it was at a time when I felt that
          humor
          > would be appropriate. Yes, in a way it was an excuse. But I intened
          it to be a
          > humorous one.
          >
          > Etznab

          *** Well we have something in common then... ;-) I was trying to be
          funny too.

          Liz
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
            Hi Liz and Everyone,
            Yes, words are important as is the way we use them. Using humor as
            an excuse could be viewed, by some, as being condencending. This
            makes it difficult to understand what is being said. IMO - People
            should say what they mean and mean what they say without making
            assumptions or giving a 20/20 hindsight explanation or excuse for
            being misunderstood. I agree with Mish that being direct and concise
            is usually the best way to communicate our thoughts.

            Klemp does his best to confuse Eckists in his seminar talks when he
            jumps around and back and forth from story to story. HK is applauded
            for being able to tie up the loose ends and complete the stories in
            the alloted time frame. Eckists admire him for this and see it as
            funny! However, Klemp's stupid little stories require Eckists to
            look for hidden meanings and to second guess him (the Mahanta) by
            making a silk purse out of a sow's ear! Klemp is intentionally vague
            and this encourages Eckists to seek a greater (higher) and more
            profound message from his juvenile rantings. The real reason that
            Eckists fall asleep is because Klemp is boring! It has nothing to do
            with "getting it on the inner." LOL! You see, this is how
            Eckankar "works" for many Eckists. Just fill-in the blanks for
            yourself... within the confines of the Dogma (i.e. the Shariyats,
            discourses, the Guidelines, Spiritual Laws, the Zoas, etc.). The
            problem is that it is difficult to fill-in the blanks and remain a
            true Eckist if you go outside the confines of the Eck Dogma.
            Actually, filling in the blanks or second guessing the message of
            the LEM/Mahanta is in and of itself outside of the Eck teachings.
            The Search for Truth within Eckankar now becomes secondary to the
            search for truth from Klemp's talks. Eckankar is a distraction for
            the real Truth Seeker.

            Many Eckists are confused with the Eck teachings anyway, and this is
            why Klemp wants them to imagine, create, and manifest their own
            reality within the Dogma of Eckankar. Eckists are even confused as
            to who or what "God" is versus who or what the Mahanta is versus who
            or what Sugmad is. What does Eckankar, the Religion of the Light and
            Sound of God mean versus Eckankar, the Ancient Science of Soul
            Travel mean? I find it interesting that Eckankar (Klemp) sees
            the "God" of all other religions as being the Kal, and that Eckankar
            constantly promotes that it is the Religion of God (the Kal).

            Also, Eckankar has still used the old Third Eye (Tisra Til)
            technique since the beginning of this Astral scam/cult of
            Twitchell's. The Tisra Til is not even the highest of the Astral
            chakras! Yet, most H.I.s place their attention on the Tisra Til
            Chakra (located between the eyes) when they sit down to do a proper
            spiritual exercise. Klemp then has the nerve to imply that
            Twitchell's Mahanta Consciousness would not be as "high" today when
            compared to his Mahanta Consciousness. Does this mean that the
            Mahanta Consciousness is limited by time or that the vehicle for it
            (Twitchell vs. Klemp) was limited in the first place! However, if we
            look at what Klemp has accomplished we can only see things of the
            material and lower Planes of Kal that have been influenced by
            change. The spiritual growth of Eckankar and of Eckists (except for
            initiation numbers and a more complex org) has not expanded at all.
            Continued use of the Tisra Til to meet the Master on the Astral
            Plane (a Radhasoami technique) is still used by Higher Initiates.
            What has profound thoughts, methods, techniques and message has
            Klemp conveyed versus what Twitchell has already given from his
            lower and dated Mahanta Consciousness? None! How could Klemp make
            untruths into Truth when Eckankar is based (mostly) upon the
            distortions of other distorted teachings - mainly Radhasoami.

            Etznab, if you have read the archives of our posts on Eckankar and
            the Links you will then have a better idea of our thoughts and
            experiences. The who, what, WHY, when and how will become clearer. I
            am glad that you have come here and I'm interested in your
            experiences and views, except, this site will remain an anti-
            Eckankar site while exploring other topics. We've been there, done
            that, and bought the tee shirt (literally too)!

            Prometheus