Re: Responses to AAARGH!

  • divawhitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2005
      Thank you all so much for responding! I'd always wondered exactly
      how the "initiation" thing worked. He's been a 2nd initiate for
      like 5 years (been an eckist for around 9) and has voiced
      frustration at not receiving any more initiations - is convinced
      it's because he's not growing spiritually and not listening to the
      Mahanta like he should. My personal opinion has always been that he
      isn't receiving initiations because he doesn't always send in his
      annual dues on time, doesn't actively,regularly participate in
      weekly, monthly, or annual meetings/seminars, and doesn't suck up to
      the local H.I.'s. (He's a night shift patrol officer - which means,
      very little money and very little time to run all over being
      eckie).

      I know the HI he's wanting to talk with and other than life
      experiences, this man has no qualifications to help anyone with
      anything. Well, except maybe picking out vitamins because he works
      at a vitamin store! haha!

      My husband has started spiritual conversations with me but when I
      start speaking from personal faith or beliefs, he cuts me off and
      starts "explaining" away the three or four words I actually did get
      to say. It's like he's afraid I might be right or onto something or
      could know soemthing he doesn't. You're all right. He has low self-
      esteem and braces himself with this false superiority front he's
      been using so long. Sometimes, I'd love to just smack it off him!
      I told him not long ago that he reminds me of a little boy trying so
      hard to be a man and scared to death someone else is going to catch
      on.

      Anyway, enough of that. Thank you all again. Thanks for being out
      there in yahoospace.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 16, 2005
        Hi, Diva!

        You're correct about the need to keep that membership up and paying
        dues on time, and being active, etc. Too bad your husband hasn't
        figured that out yet. I received my 2nd initiation (ha! ha!) at my
        request after two years of membership--yes, you should request it at
        that time. I believe that I would have possibly made my 3rd
        initiation 5 years later, or even a little sooner?? Not sure. But
        your husband should definitely be a 3rd by now and working on his
        4th, by the eck yardstick. So, he is behind for various reasons--
        mainly allowing his membership to lapse because money does talk! : )

        Too bad he doesn't have tolerance and respect for your beliefs and
        faith. It is taught in the eck teachings to be loving and tolerant
        towards others of other faiths, even if you feel that you are more
        advanced and know more. So, in short, he doesn't seem to have
        grasped the teachings very well and needs to work on this. I mean if
        he really believes in Eckankar, he has a lot of work to do there. : )

        Just being a member of Eckankar doesn't make him smarter and more
        spiritual than others who are not eckists. Buying a ticket
        (membership) doesn't put you there. Even Harold says that there are
        those who are non-eckists or who are just coming into Eckankar who
        are higher in consciousness than some H.I.'s which shows that the
        initiations have no value in the final analysis. I guess this is a
        bit of truthfulness coming from Harold--that it is all a con! LOL!

        Well, I do hope things will get better for both you and your
        husband.

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "divawhitt"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2005
          Hi Diva,

          It's good to see you back, and I sympathize with you in your
          situation. It really sounds like you're in a no win and no
          compromise position. It's too bad your husband refuses to see that
          you're a spiritually advanced Soul. The exclusiveness of the "ECK"
          membership does delude and attract the gullible, the needy, as well
          as Truth "seekers."

          Yes, Mish and Liz are correct in their observations. Your husband
          has not received his third initiation because of his lapses in
          membership dues. It has nothing to do with not being spiritually
          advanced. In Eckankar one has to follow the rules (guidelines) and
          the dogma if promotion is desired. If one doesn't understand and
          follow the guidelines and dogma then one, through their own
          ignorance, causes oneself to become ineligible to receive an
          initiation by not qualifying for even being put on the promotion
          list!

          Prometheus