Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: AAARGH!

  • Greg and Liz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005

      Greg and Liz <whitefeatherliz@...> wrote:

       <snip> this very personal and sensitive information he will share with the ESA, will and does go against the chela.

      ***  Thought I should also mention....  for those that have serious issues and keep it from the ESA's or other eckies, well what do you think happens to these people?   They end up becoming H.I.'s...     with no one aware of their "issues" within the org they become some of the leaders of the group.  Imagine the many forms of abuse going on....  well, you don't have to imagine, many of us have seen it.  Look at the klumpster for example!

      I also wanted to comment on the topic of Marg asking Harj if being just a master was good enough (sorry I deleted the post so may not have the wording correct).  Anyway, his reaction seems to me, to show signs of a mental / manic disorder.  Yet he twists it around to sound as if a person should never share their "specialness" with others because it creates negative energy or stops the event from happening....  paranoia, delusion, grandiose ideals, feeling godlike.  Is this a Bipolar disorder???  Instead of going into contemplation, they should be going into counseling....

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
        Thanks for substantiating what I had written! Nice that it is coming
        from one who has first hand experience since I had only heard these
        things from other H.I.s. Of course, I did experience the coldness
        and unloving behavior from some superior, "spiritually advanced"
        H.I.s--which really was abusive and went against the teachings of
        being loving to others. Another clue that something was "rotten in
        Denmark!"

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz
        <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:

        > mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
        >
        > >So he is wanting to have an ESA session with an Eckankar
        Spiritual Aide, who would be an H.I. who has a certain Eckankar
        training, which really just means more brain-washing for your
        husband.

        > *** I would point out too, (I was an ESA for many years!) these
        ESA's Do not have the credentials, licensing or training to handle
        the issues of alcohol, anger etc, to council anyone!!!! If this
        person is ethical in the slightest, they will advise Diva's husband
        to seek outside help for those issues! And as Mish wrote, this very
        personal and sensitive information he will share with the ESA, will
        and does go against the chela.

        > Here is an example of how it will work; picture all of the local
        H.I.'s and ESA's gathered at an H.I. meeting to discuss "business".
        The main office has sent a computer generated list of those that
        will be considered for their next initiation ( I was an initiator
        for years too! ) the RESA will have a copy of the list handed out to
        everyone in the meeting, they will go down the list and name off
        those on it. The group's job is to vote yes or no for the next
        initiation. The next initiation in question is listed next to the
        name. If you know anything about that person and feel they
        shouldn't receive the initiation, the person is asked to list the
        reason why a person votes no. Of course if a person wishes to give
        a reason for their yes vote it is listed as well.... So much for
        Harji and his Mahantaness knowing everything! ;-)

        > If you ask any of the H.I.'s in the area how this works, notice
        their struggle to answer the question, or their avoidance all
        together to answer! RED FLAGS should be going up.....
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
          Hi Liz,

          You're right about how initiations are handled for HK (the "all
          knowing" mahanta). Some RESAs like to delegate and are not very
          hands on and will allow certain "chosen ones" to deal with
          the "list" of those being considered for "promotion." Other RESAs
          (especially those over multiple states or countries) will usually
          call local H.I.s for the scoop on those in their local areas who are
          on the promotion list. It is logistically difficult to conduct
          meetings where all area H.I.s are present. My one RESA would call me
          and ask about certain individuals, and it was very difficult for me
          to "rat" out people. Sometimes he would do a conference call and we
          would have to share our comments with everyone on the line... this
          felt very uncomfortable. However, it was explained to us that
          as Co-Workers for the L.E.M./Mahanta that divulging this information
          only at this time and only for this purpose was not harmful to
          either those on the list or to the rest of us... so no harm no foul!
          Talk is cheap isn't it!

          Prometheus