Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: AAARGH!

  • Greg and Liz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005

      mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

      >So he is wanting to have an ESA session with an Eckankar Spiritual Aide, who would be an H.I. who has a certain Eckankar training, which really just means more brain-washing for your husband.

      *** I would point out too, (I was an ESA for many years!)  these ESA's Do not have the credentials, licensing or training to handle the issues of alcohol, anger etc, to council anyone!!!!  If this person is ethical in the slightest, they will advise Diva's husband to seek outside help for those issues!  And as Mish wrote, this very personal and sensitive information he will share with the ESA, will and does go against the chela.

      Here is an example of how it will work;  picture all of the local H.I.'s and ESA's gathered at an H.I. meeting to discuss "business".  The main office has sent a computer generated list of those that will be considered for their next initiation ( I was an initiator for years too! ) the RESA will have a copy of the list handed out to everyone in the meeting, they will go down the list and name off those on it. The group's job is to vote yes or no for the next initiation.  The next initiation in question is listed next to the name.  If you know anything about that person and feel they shouldn't receive the initiation, the person is asked to list the reason why a person votes no.  Of course if a person wishes to give a reason for their yes vote it is listed as well....  So much for Harji and his Mahantaness knowing everything! ;-)

      If you ask any of the H.I.'s in the area how this works, notice their struggle to answer the question, or their avoidance all together to answer!  RED FLAGS should be going up.....

    • Greg and Liz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005

        Greg and Liz <whitefeatherliz@...> wrote:

         <snip> this very personal and sensitive information he will share with the ESA, will and does go against the chela.

        ***  Thought I should also mention....  for those that have serious issues and keep it from the ESA's or other eckies, well what do you think happens to these people?   They end up becoming H.I.'s...     with no one aware of their "issues" within the org they become some of the leaders of the group.  Imagine the many forms of abuse going on....  well, you don't have to imagine, many of us have seen it.  Look at the klumpster for example!

        I also wanted to comment on the topic of Marg asking Harj if being just a master was good enough (sorry I deleted the post so may not have the wording correct).  Anyway, his reaction seems to me, to show signs of a mental / manic disorder.  Yet he twists it around to sound as if a person should never share their "specialness" with others because it creates negative energy or stops the event from happening....  paranoia, delusion, grandiose ideals, feeling godlike.  Is this a Bipolar disorder???  Instead of going into contemplation, they should be going into counseling....

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
          Thanks for substantiating what I had written! Nice that it is coming
          from one who has first hand experience since I had only heard these
          things from other H.I.s. Of course, I did experience the coldness
          and unloving behavior from some superior, "spiritually advanced"
          H.I.s--which really was abusive and went against the teachings of
          being loving to others. Another clue that something was "rotten in
          Denmark!"

          Mish

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 16, 2005
            Hi Liz,

            You're right about how initiations are handled for HK (the "all
            knowing" mahanta). Some RESAs like to delegate and are not very
            hands on and will allow certain "chosen ones" to deal with
            the "list" of those being considered for "promotion." Other RESAs
            (especially those over multiple states or countries) will usually
            call local H.I.s for the scoop on those in their local areas who are
            on the promotion list. It is logistically difficult to conduct
            meetings where all area H.I.s are present. My one RESA would call me
            and ask about certain individuals, and it was very difficult for me
            to "rat" out people. Sometimes he would do a conference call and we
            would have to share our comments with everyone on the line... this
            felt very uncomfortable. However, it was explained to us that
            as Co-Workers for the L.E.M./Mahanta that divulging this information
            only at this time and only for this purpose was not harmful to
            either those on the list or to the rest of us... so no harm no foul!
            Talk is cheap isn't it!

            Prometheus