What the Heckankar? LOL The Reign of the LEM (NOT)

  • Tyger Purr
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2006
      Here's a quote from the Eck Vydya that shows just how egomaniacal and
      mythomaniacal the Heckankar religion can be. LOL

      Re: End of Days eckankar

      Annnd, here it is!

      " Those who seek the wisdom of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad cannot find
      it except through the spiritual assistance of the living ECK Master.
      It is he alone who is responsible for taking the individual into the
      other worlds to study with the varied ECK Masters who teach out of the
      books of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. Here they learn those prophecies such
      as when the world is going to come to an end through the terrible
      destruction of fire and water; the drowning of the city of Los Angeles
      and most of the west coast by earthquakes and the sea; the terrible
      moon plague which will visit the earth and destroy much of its
      population; the upheaval of the central plains of eastern Europe and
      the formation of a new chain of mountains; the assassination of the
      various political figures of nations of the world, and the awful
      devastation of World War III.
      These books also give the triumph of the yellow race and the red
      tyrant who will sit upon the necks of the masses of people. They speak
      of the Mahanta, the living ECK Master, who comes again to save the
      world from complete destruction, and to return as many Souls to the
      heavenly kingdom as possible during his reign on earth.
      The prophecies of Nostradamus will be forgotten after one reads
      and studies those revelations which are in the ninth book of the
      Sharyat-Ki-Sugmad. ......."

      THE ECK-VIDYA
      Ancient Science of Prophecy
      P. 116
      by Paul Twitchell (CHARLATAN)

      QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!

      Tygerpurr ; )
    • skardicus
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2006
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Tyger Purr"
        <tygerpurr@...> wrote:

        For those of us in the Western World, especially in the U.S. we've
        been trained from birth to be entertained. Intrigued, fascinated,
        stirred with phenomena, excited by sensation. Los Angeles dying from
        earthquakes, different races taking over - it all makes typical
        ingredients of bad sci-fi.

        When I was first reading the eck material at age 14-15 - I was
        intrigued and entertained well enough to buy more books, go to the
        live phenomena of the seminars and develop live relationships with the
        people of this fascinating and sensational relgion.

        It's my personal opinion that the basic human nervous system as it
        achieves cognition - requires a belief system. The best way to ever
        convey a message is through a technique called edutainment. Entertain
        as you transmit your significant signal.

        Paul wrote (I'm not going to quote) something those of us who've
        exited eck-stage left might take to heart. He wrote that it was good
        to be born in a church but bad to die there. Of course at that time
        eckankar wasn't considered a church or a religion. Nonetheless I
        agree that as we psychologically attain adulthood (some may not
        acquire that with biological maturity)that we should start to build
        our own belief system, start to challenge institutions, the old guard,
        relative authority, etc. The information-paradigm we are faced with
        today is that either you decide what you will believe in or someone
        will influence, tell, imprint, mindfuck, etc you into a belief
        convenient for someone else's agenda.

        Paul commiting mass plagerism isn't nearly as significant as whether
        or not the material he puts out does what you want it to. What was
        you true hope, your unmet need that led you to buy those eck books,
        sign of for that membership, etc. There is a blank in each of us that
        we either temporarily fill or permanentally fill. The blank looks
        like this "The world, the universe, everything I know and don't is
        understood through <blank>." At one time most of us had "eckankar" in
        that blank. Now we don't.

        I'm genuinely curious what each of you have filled that blank with
        today and even more curious for those of you who haven't filled it
        back in.

        Blank Skard

        > Here's a quote from the Eck Vydya that shows just how egomaniacal and
        > mythomaniacal the Heckankar religion can be. LOL
        >
        > Re: End of Days eckankar
        >
        > Annnd, here it is!
        >
        > " Those who seek the wisdom of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad cannot find
        > it except through the spiritual assistance of the living ECK Master.
        > It is he alone who is responsible for taking the individual into the
        > other worlds to study with the varied ECK Masters who teach out of the
        > books of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad. Here they learn those prophecies such
        > as when the world is going to come to an end through the terrible
        > destruction of fire and water; the drowning of the city of Los Angeles
        > and most of the west coast by earthquakes and the sea; the terrible
        > moon plague which will visit the earth and destroy much of its
        > population; the upheaval of the central plains of eastern Europe and
        > the formation of a new chain of mountains; the assassination of the
        > various political figures of nations of the world, and the awful
        > devastation of World War III.
        > These books also give the triumph of the yellow race and the red
        > tyrant who will sit upon the necks of the masses of people. They speak
        > of the Mahanta, the living ECK Master, who comes again to save the
        > world from complete destruction, and to return as many Souls to the
        > heavenly kingdom as possible during his reign on earth.
        > The prophecies of Nostradamus will be forgotten after one reads
        > and studies those revelations which are in the ninth book of the
        > Sharyat-Ki-Sugmad. ......."
        >
        > THE ECK-VIDYA
        > Ancient Science of Prophecy
        > P. 116
        > by Paul Twitchell (CHARLATAN)
        >

        > QUESTION AUTHORITY!!!
        >
        > Tygerpurr ; )

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "skardicus"
          <skardicus@...> wrote:

          > I'm genuinely curious what each of you have filled that blank with
          > today and even more curious for those of you who haven't filled it
          > back in.
          >
          > Blank Skard

          *** It can be called "Blank", and then again it can be
          called "Life". Go Out And Experience it. No need to fill it with
          another person's version of what a religion or spiritual path is!
          Liz

          If It Is Not Too Dark

          Go for a walk, if it is not too dark.
          Get some fresh air, try to smile.
          Say something kind
          To a safe-looking stranger, if one happens by.

          Always exercise your heart's knowing.

          You might as well attempt something real
          Along this path:

          Take your spouse or lover into your arms
          The way you did when you first met.
          Let tenderness pour from your eyes
          The way the Sun gazes warmly on the earth.

          Play a game with some children.
          Extend yourself to a friend.
          Sing a few ribald songs to your pets and plants -
          Why not let them get drunk and wild!

          Let's toast
          Every rung we've climbed on Evolution's ladder.
          Whisper, "I love you! I love you!"
          To the whole mad world.

          Let's stop reading about God -
          We will never understand Him.

          Jump to your feet, wave your fists,
          Threaten and warn the whole Universe

          That your heart can no longer live
          Without real love!

          ~ Hafiz ~

          (I Heard God Laughing - Renderings of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

          Web version: www.panhala.net/Archive/If_It_Is_Not_Too_Dark.html

          Web archive of Panhala postings: www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html
        • skardicus
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2006
            <ewickings@...> wrote:

            > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "skardicus"
            > <skardicus@> wrote:

            I appreciate your response and as boring as it may be for others - I'm
            pretty dry about this topic. I don't have very many romantic thoughts
            about the life-experience that relates to what some might refer to as
            god. Maybe everything in life we can do that "feels" good or is
            experienced as "beauty" is the best we can each do to get closer to
            god. Maybe that's the real path - I don't have a clue.

            Dry Skard