Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: I'd like to join

  • Skardicus Harkain
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hey thanks for the welcome Mishmisha9!

      I was a 13 when I was first exposed to eckankar.  My mother was married to her 2nd husband and had a huge library of the occult.  When I would visit on the weekends I'd pick something from her library and check it out.  She was doing eckankar at the time and had Darwin's picture on her vanity where she did her makeup.

      I thought it odd that a grown woman who seemed to be happily married would have the photograph of another man not her husband so promiently displayed in such an intimate place (ladies bathroom countertop).  So I had to ask "Who's that"

      I haven't read all the posts here but I would hazard to guess that there is a significant amount of bitterness in at least some of your posts as a common denominator of your disillusionment.  I did go through a bitter time for a short period at the beginning of the "end" of my eckankar journey but that was in the early 90s and had nothing to do with offshoots, spinoffs or well published detractors.

      Overall my eckankar experience was good, even awesome.  It helped me develop into a much more cosmopolitan person than I think I ever would have become.  This will probably identify me somewhat and if so - oh well.  I was one of the original members of Harry's first Youth Council.

      Don't misinterpret the above information to suggest that I haven't spanked eckists on A.R.E. for saying the most circular logic, drink the koolaide, I can't hear what you are saying because I'm talking so loud - because I've done all that.  I have some training in NLP/Ericsonian Hypnosis and I'm a "hard closer" in the business world.  The consequence of that training in these environments (boards where people argue they are "right" because they have dreams I don't or the blue light fixed their car)is that I hold my own without sounding like my only perspective is that I hate eckankar or eckists.

      I married into the largest eck family in the world.  2-3 years ago they all quit.  That was long after I had failed to renew my own membership.

      When I talk to most people about my exodus from eckankar - my reason for leaving is that I simply grew up.  A critical adult mind that isn't suffering from any major mental health disorders or coming from some place that might be better addressed by a 12 step program has a challenge accepting a 40 year old religion that used to claim it wasn't a religion, didn't use prayer, wasn't a church, etc.

      For all of those who are recently divorced from eckankar - just because the leaders and owners of the religion have conspired to take advantage of their positions doesn't mean the tenants themselves are wrong. I suspect Harry is more of the mental health disorder/ 12 step candidate than some cold calculating  poser.  He of course is not the real leader of eckankar.

      I personally no longer believe 98 percent of the material taught in eckankar and my post-eckankar experience was a seekers struggle to fill in the blank that leaving eckankar created.  Currently that blank is now blank or "agnostic".  I think that the intelligence that created the universe and whatever else I don't know about is so vast that it's pure hubris for man to jot down what God is in a book and suggest or claim "I understand" or "I know God".  Bullshit!

      Skard Returns

      mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@...> wrote:
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAn onymous@yahoogro ups.com, Skardicus Harkain
      <skardicus@. ..> wrote:

      > I'd like to join
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      call rates.

      Hi, Skardicus!

      Welcome to the group! I remember your pseudo from your reading posts
      on other sites, but not sure which ones you participated on.
      Maybe, you can share a little about your 'net experiences and also
      about some of your experiences in eckankar.

      It's interesting to hear from other ex-eckists, to know how life is
      going, etc.

      Quite frankly, I find it all rather amusing--the experiences- -for the
      most part as it turns out that eckankar is nothing but an on-going
      scam. Harold Klemp's last book, "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," is
      quite a revelation when seeing it for all its nonsense--just a
      manipulative tool for pulling in more and more delusional individuals
      into the fraud. People are always searching for something more
      powerful outside of themselves, when in truth the power lies within
      each indvidual. The willingness to give up these strengths and one's
      individuality is one of the traits that Klemp and company are looking
      for in new members. They feed off the "weak" and the "gullible"-- the
      sane,the rational, and the critical thinker will not make a good
      chela. : )

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
        Hey, Skard!

        Thanks for sharing! I do now remember reading some of your posts on
        a.r.e. I agree that Harold is being played like a puppet, but yet his
        unbalanced mind still is capable of knowing he is a fraud. He is not that
        far gone. I think he enjoys the power trip!

        I am a bit surprised that you made the presumed opinion of my posts
        without reading them--seems a bit presumptious and also premature!
        Why would you want to guess such an opinion??? Sort of negative and
        judgmental one at that?

        I wasn't an eckist long enough to know about "big" eck families so I
        wouldn't have a clue as to who you were related to. I can assure you
        that my participation on this site is not out of bitterness--it's just to help
        inform those who have questions and/or doubts about eckankar. Most
        of us who continue to participate with posts here are doing so for that
        main purpose. Perhaps, you mistake bluntness for bitterness? I'm
        going to hang around for a bit longer, but yeah, eventually, I will decide
        I have posted enough on this subject and I'll be gone! : )

        Of course, if Harold publishes another book soon enough, I might want
        to give my reviews on it! : )

        Thanks again for sharing! I would suggest that you read our posts
        before guessing from what mental perspective we are coming from!

        Mish

        Harkain <skardicus@...> wrote:

> [...]
        real leader of eckankar.

        > I personally no longer believe 98 percent of the material taught in
        eckankar and my post-eckankar experience was a seekers struggle to
        fill in the blank that leaving eckankar created. Currently that blank is
        now blank or "agnostic". I think that the intelligence that created the
        universe and whatever else I don't know about is so vast that it's pure
        hubris for man to jot down what God is in a book and suggest or
        claim "I understand" or "I know God". Bullshit!

        > Skard Returns
        >
        > mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@...> wrote: --- In
        EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Skardicus Harkain
        > <skardicus@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'd like to join
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-
        Phone
        > call rates.
        > >

        > Hi, Skardicus!
        >
        > Welcome to the group! I remember your pseudo from your reading
        posts
        > on other sites, but not sure which ones you participated on.
        > Maybe, you can share a little about your 'net experiences and also
        > about some of your experiences in eckankar.
        >
        > It's interesting to hear from other ex-eckists, to know how life is
        > going, etc.
        >
        > Quite frankly, I find it all rather amusing--the experiences--for the
        > most part as it turns out that eckankar is nothing but an on-going
        > scam. Harold Klemp's last book, "Those Wonderful ECK Masters," is
        > quite a revelation when seeing it for all its nonsense--just a
        > manipulative tool for pulling in more and more delusional individuals
        > into the fraud. People are always searching for something more
        > powerful outside of themselves, when in truth the power lies within
        > each indvidual. The willingness to give up these strengths and one's
        > individuality is one of the traits that Klemp and company are looking
        > for in new members. They feed off the "weak" and the "gullible"--the
        > sane,the rational, and the critical thinker will not make a good
        > chela. : )
        >
        > Mish
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things
        done faster.

      • skardicus
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2006
          <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

          Point well made Mishmisha9,

          My prior assumption should have included "based on my experience
          through time on A.R.E." and it was only a guess. If I'm wrong - I'm
          wrong.

          I will read the posts as time allows.

          Thanks for the repsonse.

          Skard

          > Hey, Skard!
          >
          > Thanks for sharing! I do now remember reading some of your posts on
          > a.r.e. I agree that Harold is being played like a puppet, but yet his
          > unbalanced mind still is capable of knowing he is a fraud. He is not
          that
          > far gone. I think he enjoys the power trip!
          >
          > I am a bit surprised that you made the presumed opinion of my posts
          > without reading them--seems a bit presumptious and also premature!
          > Why would you want to guess such an opinion??? Sort of negative and
          > judgmental one at that?
          >
          > I wasn't an eckist long enough to know about "big" eck families so I
          > wouldn't have a clue as to who you were related to. I can assure you
          > that my participation on this site is not out of bitterness--it's
          just to help
          > inform those who have questions and/or doubts about eckankar. Most
          > of us who continue to participate with posts here are doing so for that
          > main purpose. Perhaps, you mistake bluntness for bitterness? I'm
          > going to hang around for a bit longer, but yeah, eventually, I will
          decide
          > I have posted enough on this subject and I'll be gone! : )
          >
          > Of course, if Harold publishes another book soon enough, I might want
          > to give my reviews on it! : )
          >
          > Thanks again for sharing! I would suggest that you read our posts
          > before guessing from what mental perspective we are coming from!
          >
          > Mish

        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2006
            <skardicus@...> wrote:

            > I was a 13 when I was first exposed to eckankar.

            *** I became a member around the same age, 12 / 13. It was shortly
            after Darwin became the LEM.

            > I haven't read all the posts here but I would hazard to guess that
            there is a significant amount of bitterness in at least some of your
            posts as a common denominator of your disillusionment.

            *** A lot of the posts are more about pointing out the dogma,
            fabrications, lies and plagiarisms within the teachings. I am not
            bitter, though I may have been at one point. I am more frustrated
            than anything. Maybe even a little surprised at myself for how long
            I was involved with the teachings, knew there was a lot of mythical,
            fabricated lies within the teachings, but I turned a blind eye.

            I came from a huge Eck family as you did, ( 4 generations) was
            conducting and testing out a Youth program before Harold ever
            appointed anyone to do this. I was a 30 year member, 6th, Initiator
            and ESA. My parents worked at ESC so it was difficult for me to
            question or walk away knowing my personal files were not personal!

            None of these Eck accomplishments mean anything, nor does coming
            from a huge Eck family, if we are not going to use what we know to
            educate the public and current members still wearing those
            blinders.

            > Overall my eckankar experience was good, even awesome. It helped
            me develop into a much more cosmopolitan person than I think I ever
            would have become. This will probably identify me somewhat and if
            so - oh well. I was one of the original members of Harry's first
            Youth Council.

            *** Yep oh well.... no one here will care. The Eck Thugs might
            because you have been active in spoiling their little delusions. I
            was speaking with some dear ex eck friends last weekend, and my
            husband who was never really an Eck member other than he was a card
            carrier. My husband voiced his thoughts that he can't understand why
            I feel the need to keep speaking out about this path.

            I can't help myself. I have this need to help others open their
            eyes. My story might help in doing that? You see, my family
            disowned me when I left the teachings. Mostly because of our Mother,
            and not wanting to deal with her "issues". There is also mental
            illness in our family, and Eckankar became the medication and
            excuses to ignore the bad behavior of our HI mom.

            Over the past 10 months we all have worked on re establishing a
            relationship, but things can still be difficult when speaking with
            my mother. Had I attempted to be open minded and willing to "talk
            the talk" 3 years ago, I never could have handled it. I needed
            those 3 years away from them and the teachings "as they see it", so
            I could de program and clear my eckanfog brain. Since then one of
            my other siblings have also left the path.

            > Don't misinterpret the above information to suggest that I haven't
            spanked eckists on A.R.E. for saying the most circular logic, drink
            the koolaide, I can't hear what you are saying because I'm talking
            so loud - because I've done all that. I have some training in
            NLP/Ericsonian Hypnosis and I'm a "hard closer" in the business
            world. The consequence of that training in these environments
            (boards where people argue they are "right" because they have dreams
            I don't or the blue light fixed their car)is that I hold my own
            without sounding like my only perspective is that I hate eckankar or
            eckists.

            *** LOL well the Eck thugs figure if we have left the teachings, we
            never GOT IT to begin with. And yes they do believe we hate eckankar
            or eckists. They haven't come to a place where they are willing to
            really be objective and see the distortions and dogma created by the
            LEMs. Most have their own ego agendas.

            > I married into the largest eck family in the world. 2-3 years ago
            they all quit. That was long after I had failed to renew my own
            membership.

            *** So! Why doesn't this huge family of ex eckists come forward and
            tell their story, so we all know who you and they are? I don't have
            a problem with Eckists or Eckankar knowing who I am... I have never
            kept my ID hidden. What can / will they do about? The more of us
            that speak out openly, the clearer the message to ESC and Klemp's
            Org.

            > When I talk to most people about my exodus from eckankar - my
            reason for leaving is that I simply grew up. A critical adult mind
            that isn't suffering from any major mental health disorders or
            coming from some place that might be better addressed by a 12 step
            program has a challenge accepting a 40 year old religion that used
            to claim it wasn't a religion, didn't use prayer, wasn't a church,
            etc.

            *** Exactly!!! Same here.

            > I personally no longer believe 98 percent of the material taught
            in eckankar and my post-eckankar experience was a seekers struggle
            to fill in the blank that leaving eckankar created. Currently that
            blank is now blank or "agnostic". I think that the intelligence
            that created the universe and whatever else I don't know about is so
            vast that it's pure hubris for man to jot down what God is in a book
            and suggest or claim "I understand" or "I know God". Bullshit!

            *** Exactly! LOL my 15 year old daughter has even gone as far as
            to claim she doesn't believe in a GOD. This upsets two of my other
            children! I lean more toward a non-dual thought, and sort of agree
            with some of the the "What The Bleep Do We Know" movie. Love Jed
            McKenna's books, and highly recommend his first "Spiritual
            Enlightenment the Damnedest Thing". I also find that my spiritual
            awareness is actually more fine tuned now, then when I was an
            Eckists. My experiences and intuitive nature has not "GONE AWAY" as
            the LEMs claim it will. I demanded Klemp remove my 6th initiation
            level 3 years ago.... still waiting. LOL If anything I have
            become more aware and content. And that's a good place to be...

            Anyway, looking forward to read more from you.
            Liz