Re: Saved by inner spirit!!!

  • Sandra
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "macmille2000"
      <ccaggia@...> wrote:

      > Hi I am new to this group and I have been saved from becomeing an
      > Eckist through my own soul-searching and intelligence!!!

      Welcome! I was a lurker of this group for several months before I
      actually joined last month. It's amazing what you will come to
      understand about Eckankar by keeping an open rational mind! Very
      important not to fall for the fairy tale spin on everything,
      including the Mythical Mahanta.

      > I even got as far as joining an on-line Eckist forum to find out
      more...

      Which on line group/s did you join? There are a few around but only
      a hand full with real activity.

      > They became defensive.They even took out my reference links to
      other sites who shared their bad Eckist experiences!!!

      Hmmm this doesn't surprise me. What group was this? There is a
      pretty interesting Yahoo group I currently enjoy, Conversations
      With Twitchell. It's a moderated group but they are very fair about
      posting both sides of the Eck story:

      ConversationsWithTwitchell@yahoogroups.com

      Here is a more recent post which I sent concerning The Mahanta, and
      The Validity of Eckankar Masters. An outsider reading this would
      find it rather laughable!

      Sandy

      I was thumbing through one of those old unedited books, "Eckankar,
      The Key To Secret Worlds" by Paul Twitchell pages 72 and 73:

      The head of eck is called the MAHANTA -- which means spiritual
      leader, or Godman. A genuine spiritual traveler is first of all the
      superman of the ethnologists and philosophers. He is the highest
      developed man known to history, and consequently, by virtue of his
      development, is the spiritual prototype for both the races in this
      world and the others beyond the hidden curtain.

      If he is living in the flesh on the earth plane, his body is usually
      healthy and sound of limb. (it should also say sound of mind!) It is
      generally understood that no man with a defective body or any
      serious deformity can ever become a real spiritual traveler. His
      mind is also of a very high type, keen, penetrating, witty, and
      sound of judgement.

      pages 75 and 76:

      Many have asked just how they might recognize the Mahanta, or the
      living ECK master. The answer is always quite puzzling for it is not
      always the same. There is a paradox about travelers which puzzles
      most of those who are seeking to find God through a teacher.
      master,or a guru. The Mahanta is none of these. He is an agent of
      God, and he will appear differently to those who look at him.

      The first thing about the Mahanta is that he never boasts of his
      spiritual powers or attainments. If any man claims to have attained
      the highest in spiritual development, that claim of itself may be
      taken as conclusive proof that he has not attained much.

      The Mahanta will never find fault, blame others, or complain of
      treatment at the hands of others. Even if you abuse a Mahanta, he
      will not answer angrily, nor will he speak of it afterwards. They
      never speak of their hard luck, or ingratitude of their
      beneficiaries.

      They speak no ill and they never lecture others concerning their
      conduct or shortcomings. Neither do they punish anybody. This is
      left to the power that administers justice. They give only of the
      light of God and love. Another point is that they never give to
      ascetic practices, or unreasonable austerities. They never beg for a
      living and are self-supporting. This is because the traveler is
      always the giver, but he never allows any of those who follow him to
      live in idleness.

      So, was this Paul Twitchell promoting himself again? Amazing that
      he was able to transform himself from a "mischievous" rascal, to
      this gradiose Mahanta vertually over night.

      And what about the current Mahanta? Doesn't he call his chela's
      LOSERS and WEEDS?

      End of quotes by Twitchell for one day!

      The Validity of Eckankar Masters:
      http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/lane_live/lane_masters.html
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
        Hi Macmille,
        Welcome to the site! I found your comments interesting and would
        like to share some of my insights and eckperiences too.

        Macmille2000 wrote:

        Hi I am new to this group and I have been saved from becomeing an
        Eckist through my own soul-searching and intelligence!!!

        It started when I became enamored by HK's TV broadcast. I started
        reading all the Eck material I could find over the last few years,
        bought all the Eck books, read a lot of Klemp material...I even got
        as far as joining an on-line Eckist forum to find out more...

        ### Actually, Klemp's looks turned me off when he first became the
        LEM. He just seemed too nerdy and geeky. Later, I discovered that he
        was just a narrow-minded backwoods farmboy with a big ego and a
        messiah complex. I found it odd that you had been reading Eck
        material for the 'last few years' and never got your 2nd initiation.
        I was counting the days for when I could call the ESC, after my
        second year, and request the pink slip for my Second Initiation.

        And I did! The Eckakar online forum suggested I read the Sharyit ki
        Sugmad, (I was asking too many questions...)

        So I read the Sharyit ki Sugmad. It scared the heck out of me! I
        challenged the group with questions about the scare tactics, and
        other "cultish" statements I read in this book.

        They became defensive.They even took out my reference links to other
        sites who shared their bad Eckist experiences!!!

        ### Well, the problem (for Eckankar) is that most of these ECKists
        aren't good, experienced, and well-trained Arahatas. Their RESAs, as
        well as, the ESC allow these loose fearful cannons to say and do
        anything. Half of these Eckists are suspicious and fearful of
        detractors and the rest are either egomanics or deaf, dumb, blind
        and gullible. Most Eckists, as do members of other religions, see
        themselves as the "Chosen Few" and do not see that these threats
        would ever apply to them. They see the threats as directed at those
        of the Kal or negative forces and to those having an impure heart.
        They are blind to their own distorted views and unloving thoughts,
        words, and actions.

        I politely withdrew from the my first meeting with an Eck teacher
        who was going to help me to connect w/ local satsangs and Eckists
        during this time.

        I decided to find out if there were any other seekers out there who
        felt that the writings of the Shariyt book had all the markings
        of a cult group.

        I wrote to an X-eckcult group, and dared to search further on line.
        I found out that even the word "Mahanta" was made up by PT.

        I spent many days feeling very depressed and extremely anxious
        because I had been so sure that the Eck teachings was THE WAY to
        grow spiritually and that finally I was going to meet other Eckists
        and attend satsangs. I was looking forward to becoming a second
        initiate so I would be able to be spiritually linkd to the so-
        called "living eckmaster" (the wreck master)

        ### I guess that I'm having trouble understanding why you didn't get
        your 2nd Initiation after two years since you mention a few years of
        home study. Most people (like me) thinking that they had found it
        and that eck was "THE WAY" would be very anxious to join and get the
        2nd initiation. Although, I have to say that I knew of people that
        thought that the LEM/Mahanta would just "know" that they were due
        pink slips for the 2nd after TWO YEARS of study. Of course, they
        never got that pink slip until they placed that phone call to the
        ESC. LOL!

        Hurray and Halleluia, the Sharyiat of PT saved my soul from becoming
        Eckincized. If I had not been a big reader and long-time seeker, I
        would not have recognized that Eck was a fraud...

        ### Usually the Shariyats are Not recommended as intro books. They
        are very much directed toward the selling of the LEM/Mahanta as an
        All Knowing inner and outer resource (saviour) for the masses.

        The truth about Eckankar hurt me so much...(and I was not even a
        true member of Eckankar), I thought I was going to have a nervous
        breakdown...seriously!

        ### Imagine how it would be if you were a 30 year plus member with
        six or seven initiations! I think that you were getting your hopes
        up, that there was a group of advanced Souls out there, and that all
        those promises were true. Then, it was all dashed to pieces when you
        saw the Truth! Actually, this is why Klemp encourages Eckists to use
        their imaginations "as if" the crap was all true. Delusion creates a
        bliss of ignorance and ignorance is bliss!

        Undoubtedly, if I hadn't been true to myself, my soul, my spirit,
        I would not have seen through the false teachings of the Sharyit.
        I would have become one of their sheep. If I had become a bonified
        Eckist, I am indeed positive I would have had a serious nervous
        breakdown as a result.

        So I thank the Eck people who opened my eyes to the fraud by
        suggesting I read that horrible Sharyit book. More importantly, I
        thank all the x-eckists who have shared there experience and
        knowledge online for the world to see...

        ### Yes, it is more difficult to see through the scam when one
        becomes more involved. When an Eckist invests time, money, desires,
        ego, hopes, and then imagines proof of spiritual growth and of
        higher consciousness via dogma (initiations) and programmed dreams,
        etc. it is difficult to give all this up in order to see Reality and
        Truth. Yes, this is true Spiritual Freedom by coming into and
        realizing one's own Soul Mastership without any religion.

        This information has got to get out to a naive, vulnerable,
        yearning, sincere people...Wreckenkar is an utterly dangerously,
        abusive organizational fraud. I am grateful to all who have helped
        me to get to see the light and get Ecksorcized!

        ### Please feel free to share more and check out the LINKS to the
        left.

        Sincerely and with respect, Macmille2000