Saved by inner spirit!!!

  • macmille2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2006
      Hi I am new to this group and I have been saved from becomeing an
      Eckist through my own soul-searching and intelligence!!!

      It started when I became enamored by HK's TV broadcast. I started
      reading all the Eck material I could find over the last few years,
      bought all the Eck books, read a lot of Klemp material...I even got
      as far as joining an on-line Eckist forum to find out more...

      And I did! The Eckakar online forum suggested I read the Sharyit ki
      Sugmad, (I was asking too many questions...)

      So I read the Sharyit ki Sugmad. It scared the heck out of me!
      I challenged the group with questions about the scare tactics, and
      other "cultish" statements I read in this book.

      They became defensive.They even took out my reference links to other
      sites who shared their bad Eckist experiences!!!

      I politely withdrew from the my first meeting with an Eck teacher who
      was going to help me to connect w/ local satsangs and Eckists during
      this time.

      I decided to find out if there were any other seekers out there
      who felt that the writings of the Shariyt book had all the markings
      of a cult group.

      I wrote to an X-eckcult group, and dared to search further on line.
      I found out that even the word "Mahanta" was made up by PT.

      I spent many days feeling very depressed and extremely anxious
      because I had been so sure that the Eck teachings was THE WAY to grow
      spiritually and that finally I was going to meet other Eckists and
      attend satsangs. I was looking forward to becoming a second initiate
      so I would be able to be spiritually linkd to the so-called "living
      eckmaster" (the wreck master)

      Hurray and Halleluia, the Sharyiat of PT saved my soul from becoming
      Eckincized. If I had not been a big reader and long-time seeker, I
      would not have recognized that Eck was a fraud...

      The truth about Eckankar hurt me so much...(and I was not even a
      true member of Eckankar), I thought I was going to have a nervous
      breakdown...seriously!

      Undoubtedly, if I hadn't been true to myself, my soul, my spirit,
      I would not have seen through the false teachings of the Sharyit.
      I would have become one of their sheep. If I had become a bonified
      Eckist, I am indeed positive I would have had a serious nervous
      breakdown as a result.

      So I thank the Eck people who opened my eyes to the fraud by
      suggesting I read that horrible Sharyit book.
      More importantly, I thank all the x-eckists who have shared there
      experience and knowledge online for the world to see...

      This information has got to get out to a naive, vulnerable, yearning,
      sincere people...Wreckenkar is an utterly dangerously, abusive
      organizational fraud. I am grateful to all who have helped me to get
      to see the light and get Ecksorcized!

      Sincerely and with respect, Macmille2000
    • Sandra
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "macmille2000"
        <ccaggia@...> wrote:

        > Hi I am new to this group and I have been saved from becomeing an
        > Eckist through my own soul-searching and intelligence!!!

        Welcome! I was a lurker of this group for several months before I
        actually joined last month. It's amazing what you will come to
        understand about Eckankar by keeping an open rational mind! Very
        important not to fall for the fairy tale spin on everything,
        including the Mythical Mahanta.

        > I even got as far as joining an on-line Eckist forum to find out
        more...

        Which on line group/s did you join? There are a few around but only
        a hand full with real activity.

        > They became defensive.They even took out my reference links to
        other sites who shared their bad Eckist experiences!!!

        Hmmm this doesn't surprise me. What group was this? There is a
        pretty interesting Yahoo group I currently enjoy, Conversations
        With Twitchell. It's a moderated group but they are very fair about
        posting both sides of the Eck story:

        ConversationsWithTwitchell@yahoogroups.com

        Here is a more recent post which I sent concerning The Mahanta, and
        The Validity of Eckankar Masters. An outsider reading this would
        find it rather laughable!

        Sandy

        I was thumbing through one of those old unedited books, "Eckankar,
        The Key To Secret Worlds" by Paul Twitchell pages 72 and 73:

        The head of eck is called the MAHANTA -- which means spiritual
        leader, or Godman. A genuine spiritual traveler is first of all the
        superman of the ethnologists and philosophers. He is the highest
        developed man known to history, and consequently, by virtue of his
        development, is the spiritual prototype for both the races in this
        world and the others beyond the hidden curtain.

        If he is living in the flesh on the earth plane, his body is usually
        healthy and sound of limb. (it should also say sound of mind!) It is
        generally understood that no man with a defective body or any
        serious deformity can ever become a real spiritual traveler. His
        mind is also of a very high type, keen, penetrating, witty, and
        sound of judgement.

        pages 75 and 76:

        Many have asked just how they might recognize the Mahanta, or the
        living ECK master. The answer is always quite puzzling for it is not
        always the same. There is a paradox about travelers which puzzles
        most of those who are seeking to find God through a teacher.
        master,or a guru. The Mahanta is none of these. He is an agent of
        God, and he will appear differently to those who look at him.

        The first thing about the Mahanta is that he never boasts of his
        spiritual powers or attainments. If any man claims to have attained
        the highest in spiritual development, that claim of itself may be
        taken as conclusive proof that he has not attained much.

        The Mahanta will never find fault, blame others, or complain of
        treatment at the hands of others. Even if you abuse a Mahanta, he
        will not answer angrily, nor will he speak of it afterwards. They
        never speak of their hard luck, or ingratitude of their
        beneficiaries.

        They speak no ill and they never lecture others concerning their
        conduct or shortcomings. Neither do they punish anybody. This is
        left to the power that administers justice. They give only of the
        light of God and love. Another point is that they never give to
        ascetic practices, or unreasonable austerities. They never beg for a
        living and are self-supporting. This is because the traveler is
        always the giver, but he never allows any of those who follow him to
        live in idleness.

        So, was this Paul Twitchell promoting himself again? Amazing that
        he was able to transform himself from a "mischievous" rascal, to
        this gradiose Mahanta vertually over night.

        And what about the current Mahanta? Doesn't he call his chela's
        LOSERS and WEEDS?

        End of quotes by Twitchell for one day!

        The Validity of Eckankar Masters:
        http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/lane_live/lane_masters.html
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2006
          Hi Macmille,
          Welcome to the site! I found your comments interesting and would
          like to share some of my insights and eckperiences too.

          Macmille2000 wrote:

          Hi I am new to this group and I have been saved from becomeing an
          Eckist through my own soul-searching and intelligence!!!

          It started when I became enamored by HK's TV broadcast. I started
          reading all the Eck material I could find over the last few years,
          bought all the Eck books, read a lot of Klemp material...I even got
          as far as joining an on-line Eckist forum to find out more...

          ### Actually, Klemp's looks turned me off when he first became the
          LEM. He just seemed too nerdy and geeky. Later, I discovered that he
          was just a narrow-minded backwoods farmboy with a big ego and a
          messiah complex. I found it odd that you had been reading Eck
          material for the 'last few years' and never got your 2nd initiation.
          I was counting the days for when I could call the ESC, after my
          second year, and request the pink slip for my Second Initiation.

          And I did! The Eckakar online forum suggested I read the Sharyit ki
          Sugmad, (I was asking too many questions...)

          So I read the Sharyit ki Sugmad. It scared the heck out of me! I
          challenged the group with questions about the scare tactics, and
          other "cultish" statements I read in this book.

          They became defensive.They even took out my reference links to other
          sites who shared their bad Eckist experiences!!!

          ### Well, the problem (for Eckankar) is that most of these ECKists
          aren't good, experienced, and well-trained Arahatas. Their RESAs, as
          well as, the ESC allow these loose fearful cannons to say and do
          anything. Half of these Eckists are suspicious and fearful of
          detractors and the rest are either egomanics or deaf, dumb, blind
          and gullible. Most Eckists, as do members of other religions, see
          themselves as the "Chosen Few" and do not see that these threats
          would ever apply to them. They see the threats as directed at those
          of the Kal or negative forces and to those having an impure heart.
          They are blind to their own distorted views and unloving thoughts,
          words, and actions.

          I politely withdrew from the my first meeting with an Eck teacher
          who was going to help me to connect w/ local satsangs and Eckists
          during this time.

          I decided to find out if there were any other seekers out there who
          felt that the writings of the Shariyt book had all the markings
          of a cult group.

          I wrote to an X-eckcult group, and dared to search further on line.
          I found out that even the word "Mahanta" was made up by PT.

          I spent many days feeling very depressed and extremely anxious
          because I had been so sure that the Eck teachings was THE WAY to
          grow spiritually and that finally I was going to meet other Eckists
          and attend satsangs. I was looking forward to becoming a second
          initiate so I would be able to be spiritually linkd to the so-
          called "living eckmaster" (the wreck master)

          ### I guess that I'm having trouble understanding why you didn't get
          your 2nd Initiation after two years since you mention a few years of
          home study. Most people (like me) thinking that they had found it
          and that eck was "THE WAY" would be very anxious to join and get the
          2nd initiation. Although, I have to say that I knew of people that
          thought that the LEM/Mahanta would just "know" that they were due
          pink slips for the 2nd after TWO YEARS of study. Of course, they
          never got that pink slip until they placed that phone call to the
          ESC. LOL!

          Hurray and Halleluia, the Sharyiat of PT saved my soul from becoming
          Eckincized. If I had not been a big reader and long-time seeker, I
          would not have recognized that Eck was a fraud...

          ### Usually the Shariyats are Not recommended as intro books. They
          are very much directed toward the selling of the LEM/Mahanta as an
          All Knowing inner and outer resource (saviour) for the masses.

          The truth about Eckankar hurt me so much...(and I was not even a
          true member of Eckankar), I thought I was going to have a nervous
          breakdown...seriously!

          ### Imagine how it would be if you were a 30 year plus member with
          six or seven initiations! I think that you were getting your hopes
          up, that there was a group of advanced Souls out there, and that all
          those promises were true. Then, it was all dashed to pieces when you
          saw the Truth! Actually, this is why Klemp encourages Eckists to use
          their imaginations "as if" the crap was all true. Delusion creates a
          bliss of ignorance and ignorance is bliss!

          Undoubtedly, if I hadn't been true to myself, my soul, my spirit,
          I would not have seen through the false teachings of the Sharyit.
          I would have become one of their sheep. If I had become a bonified
          Eckist, I am indeed positive I would have had a serious nervous
          breakdown as a result.

          So I thank the Eck people who opened my eyes to the fraud by
          suggesting I read that horrible Sharyit book. More importantly, I
          thank all the x-eckists who have shared there experience and
          knowledge online for the world to see...

          ### Yes, it is more difficult to see through the scam when one
          becomes more involved. When an Eckist invests time, money, desires,
          ego, hopes, and then imagines proof of spiritual growth and of
          higher consciousness via dogma (initiations) and programmed dreams,
          etc. it is difficult to give all this up in order to see Reality and
          Truth. Yes, this is true Spiritual Freedom by coming into and
          realizing one's own Soul Mastership without any religion.

          This information has got to get out to a naive, vulnerable,
          yearning, sincere people...Wreckenkar is an utterly dangerously,
          abusive organizational fraud. I am grateful to all who have helped
          me to get to see the light and get Ecksorcized!

          ### Please feel free to share more and check out the LINKS to the
          left.

          Sincerely and with respect, Macmille2000