Eckankar: The MANU SAMHITA The Code of Ethics

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      I found this 1972 Eckankar brochure and thought I'd share Four of
      the Sixteen Rules that still apply today. First, however, I'll give
      some background and definitions for the Manu Samhita.

      From "The Path of the Masters" page 404:

      "As evil tendencies became more and more manifest in society, some
      regulations had to be adopted to protect society. Then a system of
      laws was worked out to suit conditions. Manu became the great law
      giver to India, as Moses did for the Jews. Laws were made suitable
      to the people and the times. A divine 'Danda' was established. In
      MANU SAMHITA (VII: 14-32) the Danta is set forth as the concrete
      will of God, the foundation and support of society. It is the corner-
      stone, the pillar of the state. IT IS AN OLD TRICK OF PRIESTS AND
      KINGS TO TEACH THE MOB THAT WHATEVER THEY GIVE OUT IS 'THE WILL OF
      GOD.' It makes a better impression. DANDA serves the will of God by
      restraining the evil tendencies of men, protecting the weak, and to
      some extent developing the higher impulses by inculcating higher
      ideals. [my caps]

      These following quotes are from Klemp's Eckankar Lexicon (that were
      taken from PT's Eckankar Dictionary):

      DANDA - "Self-discipline; sometimes called the righteous law. It
      treats the Divine Rights of people as well as kings; works both
      ways, neither can trespass upon the other's rights." (pg.43)

      LAW of MANU - "Hindu code of laws which established a caste system;
      part of the evolution social conscience." (pg.134)

      MANU SAMHITA - "The Eckankar code of ethics." (pg.134)

      CODE of ETHICS - "See Ethics, Law of; Manu Samhita" (pg.31)

      LAW of ETHICS - "That which is not selfish, which is good for the
      whole, which will not harm one and will do justice for all
      concerned; actions for the benefit of all." (pg.68)

      THE FOLLOWING IS FROM: "ECKANKAR PRESENTS: THE MANU SAMHITA The Code
      of Ethics" ECKANKAR The Ancient Science of Soul Travel

      #10 - "One must remember that if at anytime after coming into ECK he
      decides to drop out of the path, he will generally meet with greater
      hardships because of his reluctance and lack of interest. It would
      have been better had he never taken the steps to become an ECK
      chela. In other words, he brings spiritual injury to himself by
      going into the spiritual realms and then dropping back into the
      lower worlds of the negative again. Sooner or later, he must start
      all over again."

      #11 - "When some chelas enter upon the path of ECK, they seem to
      think that it is necessary to meet with the Master in person and
      present him with an amazing amount of questions. No questions are
      necessary, nor the reading of books or jumping to conclusions. Soon
      the chela finds, if he continues on the path, that every question
      which comes into his mind is answered in a surprisingly easy way.
      The Master is always patient BUT never does he in any way reply
      directly to questions; he leaves this to the inner communication
      that he establishes with the chela at the time the chela came into
      ECK."

      #13 - "Some persons are apt to talk negatively or criticize ECK
      without thinking. They should know that to criticize or talk
      negatively about the ECK or the Master, or to hold any overt or
      covert negative attitude toward either, will bring swift reprisal.
      When anyone sends out such vibrations, they cannot do any harm
      because the Master is always shielded in a protective coat of light.
      The vibrations will return to the sender, and he receives the full
      blast of his own actions."

      #15 - "Many request the Master to find their lost relatives; to help
      them change jobs; to heal them; to get a better position in life; to
      give them better karma; to change their brothers, sisters, sons,
      husbands, or wives to suit themselves; and a few million other
      things. BUT the Master is not a reformer, nor is he interested in
      social conditions, and he is not affected by the human state and its
      desires. He is concerned with his single mission in this world; to
      gather up Souls and return them to their heavenly home again. Do not
      expect him to change the world and wip out the conditions which made
      suffering here for all. This is not his duty nor his mission."

      My question is: What's the difference between this 1972 POV by
      Darwin Gross (972nd LEM/Mahanta) and the here and now POV of Harold
      Klemp (973rd LEM/Mahanta)?

      Prometheus
      BTW- Feel free to make comments everyone!
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hi Again,
        I thought I would comment to: these ideals or rules that Twitchell
        adopted and altered and shared in the Two Holy Books of Eckankar
        (the Shariyats); to what Gross also promoted; to what Klemp defines
        in his Eckankar Lexicon, as well as, enforces through his books,
        articles, talks, and Guidelines.

        This Manu Samhita, The Code of Ethics is a 1972 Eckankar brochure. I
        thought I'd share Four of the Sixteen Rules that still apply today.
        First, however, I'll give some background and definitions for the
        Manu Samhita and the other terms used.

        From "The Path of the Masters" page 404:

        "As evil tendencies became more and more manifest in society, some
        regulations had to be adopted to protect society. Then a system of
        laws was worked out to suit conditions. Manu became the great law
        giver to India, as Moses did for the Jews. Laws were made suitable
        to the people and the times. A divine 'Danda' was established. In
        MANU SAMHITA (VII: 14-32) the Danta is set forth as the concrete
        will of God, the foundation and support of society. It is the corner-
        stone, the pillar of the state. IT IS AN OLD TRICK OF PRIESTS AND
        KINGS TO TEACH THE MOB THAT WHATEVER THEY GIVE OUT IS 'THE WILL OF
        GOD.' It makes a better impression. DANDA serves the will of God by
        restraining the evil tendencies of men, protecting the weak, and to
        some extent developing the higher impulses by inculcating higher
        ideals. [my caps]

        ### I find it interesting that all three (Twitchell, Gross, and
        Klemp) use the same HINDU name of MANU SAMHITA for a totally
        different document and set of rules!

        These following quotes are from Klemp's Eckankar Lexicon (that were
        taken from PT's Eckankar Dictionary):

        DANDA - "Self-discipline; sometimes called the righteous law. It
        treats the Divine Rights of people as well as kings; works both
        ways, neither can trespass upon the other's rights." (pg.43)

        LAW of MANU - "Hindu code of laws which established a caste system;
        part of the evolution of social conscience." (pg.134)

        MANU SAMHITA - "The Eckankar code of ethics." (pg.134)

        ### See, MANU created the Caste System! How do these Eckankar Code
        of Ethics resemble the caste system? However, there is a Hierarchy
        of Initiation and of Position within the RESA Hierarchy. This is a
        Caste System, of sorts, because Eckists are born into certain karmic
        situations. Females, according to dogma, cannot become the
        LEM/Mahanta (maybe a Co-LEM and wannabe Mahanta if you're married to
        the LEM and "Full" Mahanta), and only a handful of Eckists will ever
        make it to the 8th, and the 9th is kept secret or else you lose it!

        CODE of ETHICS - "See Ethics, Law of; Manu Samhita" (pg.31)

        LAW of ETHICS - "That which is not selfish, which is good for the
        whole, which will not harm one and will do justice for all
        concerned; actions for the benefit of all." (pg.68)

        ### I really don't see that Klemp is unselfish, is concerned with
        Justice for All, Does Not do harm to others, and thereby follows the
        LAW of ETHICS. When HK calls some ECKists 'losers,' chastises a
        Third Temporary Postal Clerk, or mentions that a recent former
        LEM/Mahanta would have the consciousness of a Fifth Initiate today
        (07/2006 Letter of Light), instructs H.I.s not to use IF or BUT and
        then does so himself it clearly shows that these words and actions
        tell me that he just gives lip service to the Spiritual Laws and to
        the Law of Ethics! Would a real Master be so shallow? NO!

        #10 - "One must remember that if at anytime after coming into ECK he
        decides to drop out of the path, he will generally meet with greater
        hardships because of his reluctance and lack of interest. It would
        have been better had he never taken the steps to become an ECK
        chela. In other words, he brings spiritual injury to himself by
        going into the spiritual realms and then dropping back into the
        lower worlds of the negative again. Sooner or later, he must start
        all over again."

        ### Well, we once again see the threats! And yet, many ECKists close
        their eyes to this. Also, it seems that a chela's 'reluctance and
        lack of interest' lead to these 'hardships.' Maybe the 'reluctance'
        and 'lack of interest' is due to the behaviour of Klemp's H.I.s that
        are supposed to be "Higher" in Consciousness, or to all those
        Guidelines and Missionary/Vahana/Service requirements of time and
        money. Actually, many leave Eckankar and reject the Klempster
        because we have discovered the distortions, fraud and lies behind
        the whole scam from day one!

        #11 - "When some chelas enter upon the path of ECK, they seem to
        think that it is necessary to meet with the Master in person and
        present him with an amazing amount of questions. No questions are
        necessary, nor the reading of books or jumping to conclusions. Soon
        the chela finds, IF he continues on the path, that every question
        which comes into his mind is answered in a surprisingly easy way.
        The Master is ALWAYS PATIENT BUT never does he in any way reply
        directly to questions; he leaves this to the inner communication
        that he establishes with the chela at the time the chela came into
        ECK." [my caps]

        ### Actually, none of these three guys have been patient with people
        all that much! Paul did talk with people, shook hands, etc. to give
        the darshan out and even gave Eck-Vidya readings for $200 or more a
        pop! Darwin did some Eck-Vidya readings too I think and would sign
        books, record albums, and shake hands at times. Klemp started out by
        shaking hands at major seminars and then stopped after a few years.
        He did talk with people and shook hands and even gave hugs on rare
        ocassions at regionals or campouts. However, that all stopped over
        15 years ago. BTW - The Catch-22 Rule applies to outer questions
        being answered via "inner communication." ECKists just make up or
        dream up what they want to hear and that's their (distorted)
        reality.

        #13 - "Some persons are apt to talk negatively or criticize ECK
        without thinking. They should know that to criticize or talk
        negatively about the ECK or the Master, or to hold any overt or
        covert negative attitude toward either, will bring swift reprisal.
        When anyone sends out such vibrations, they cannot do any harm
        because the Master is always shielded in a protective coat of light.
        The vibrations will return to the sender, and he receives the full
        blast of his own actions."

        ### Many do tell the Truth about Eckankar and criticize the org due
        to thinking! What I find interesting is that these comments are
        directed to chelas and not really to those outside of the rules,
        guidelines, and control devices (possible initiations) of Eckankar.
        BTW - If the Master (LEM/Mahanta) is always shielded from negativity
        by a 'coat of light' why does the ESC Staff put Only H.I.s in the
        FRONT ROW at the EWWS and other major seminars to "protect" Klemp
        from Negative Vibrations! This has been done for over Twenty Years!

        #15 - "Many request the Master to find their lost relatives; to help
        them change jobs; to heal them; to get a better position in life; to
        give them better karma; to change their brothers, sisters, sons,
        husbands, or wives to suit themselves; and a few million other
        things. BUT the Master is not a reformer, nor is he interested in
        social conditions, and he is not affected by the human state and its
        desires. He is concerned with his single mission in this world; to
        gather up Souls and return them to their heavenly home again. Do not
        expect him to change the world and wipe out the conditions which
        made suffering here for all. This is not his duty nor his mission."

        ### Klemp now has ECKists do these things or ask for this or that on
        the "inner" to the Mahanta. Of course, once again, if the chela
        doesn't get what they want or doesn't have the protection or the
        health then it's their fault (Catch-22). It always helps to
        rationalize too! For example, if you're in a car wreck and you
        escape with your life then you were protected by the Mahanta. Never
        mind that thousands of others that were in car wrecks or spin outs
        were never injured or even had vehicle damage! If chelas were really
        protected they would never have any car damage or physical injury!
        Therefore, ECKists shouldn't give credit to Klemp for allowing them
        to still live and breathe! This is the same brain-washing and dogma
        that all religions and cults give to their members. Why can't
        ECKists see the similarities? The tricks of the ego (vanity) via
        having that 'superior normal' view due to higher initiation numbers
        create just part of the delusion.

        My question is: What's the difference between this 1972 POV by
        Darwin Gross (972nd LEM/Mahanta) and the present POV of Harold
        Klemp (973rd LEM/Mahanta)?

        ### The answer to the above question is... There is no real
        difference, except, in their personalities!

        Prometheus
        BTW- Feel free to make comments everyone!
      • Non ekster
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2006
          Here's a quote from The Spiritual Notebook by Paul Twitchell, P. 81.
          It is very typical of these eckankult masters of deception. What would
          a religion be if it did not have a few threats thrown in for good
          measure. lol It's all just a control tactic, mind/behavior manipulation.

          Non

          "...
          Many simply do not know or understand the nature of the living ECK
          Master and will take it upon themselves to be snide with him.

          They likewise do not understand the troubles that befall them as a
          conseqence of their overt and covert attempts to belittle or ridicule
          the teachings of the blessed ECK. For some reason, they believe that
          they are above such things simply because they have read a few books
          or studied under certain teachers and pseudo-masters. Even the most
          simple lies will bring about a quick result which is not of a pleasant
          nature..."

          THE ABOVE QUOTE IS A JUST A LIE AND COMPLETELY FALSE. THEY ARE ALL
          PSUEDO-MASTERS! (Twitchell, Gross, Klemp)

> [...]
          > were never injured or even had vehicle damage! If chelas were really
          > protected they would never have any car damage or physical injury!
          > Therefore, ECKists shouldn't give credit to Klemp for allowing them
          > to still live and breathe! This is the same brain-washing and dogma
          > that all religions and cults give to their members. Why can't
          > ECKists see the similarities? The tricks of the ego (vanity) via
          > having that 'superior normal' view due to higher initiation numbers
          > create just part of the delusion.
          >

          > My question is: What's the difference between this 1972 POV by
          > Darwin Gross (972nd LEM/Mahanta) and the present POV of Harold
          > Klemp (973rd LEM/Mahanta)?
          >

          > ### The answer to the above question is... There is no real
          > difference, except, in their personalities!
          >

          > Prometheus
          > BTW- Feel free to make comments everyone!

        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2006
            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster"
            <eckchains@...> wrote:

            > Here's a quote from The Spiritual Notebook by Paul Twitchell, P.
            >81.
            > It is very typical of these eckankult masters of deception. What
            >would
            > a religion be if it did not have a few threats thrown in for good
            > measure. lol It's all just a control tactic, mind/behavior
            manipulation.

            > Non
            >
            > "...
            > Many simply do not know or understand the nature of the living ECK
            > Master and will take it upon themselves to be snide with him.
            >
            > They likewise do not understand the troubles that befall them as a
            > conseqence of their overt and covert attempts to belittle or
            >ridicule
            > the teachings of the blessed ECK. For some reason, they believe
            >that
            > they are above such things simply because they have read a few
            >books
            > or studied under certain teachers and pseudo-masters. Even the most
            > simple lies will bring about a quick result which is not of a
            >pleasant
            > nature..."

            *** Well didn't it bring about a quick result not of a pleasant
            nature to PT? Didn't he die more quickly than he ever thought? And
            isn't HK so sick and looks like every year of his 62 years of age?
            Oh, I forgot - he's the "karma tank"! ROFL!

            Ingrid
          • Non ekster
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
              Klemp is most surely the "Karma Tank"! What a dufis. I like being
              "snide" with this eckankult pseudo master. I can hardly wait for his
              idiotic rambling for the eckie new year. It is usually quite hilarious.

              Noneckster ; )

              <ctecvie@...> wrote:

              > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster"
              > <eckchains@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here's a quote from The Spiritual Notebook by Paul Twitchell, P.
              > >81.
              > > It is very typical of these eckankult masters of deception. What
              > >would
              > > a religion be if it did not have a few threats thrown in for good
              > > measure. lol It's all just a control tactic, mind/behavior
              > manipulation.
              > >
              > > Non
              > >
              > > "...
              > > Many simply do not know or understand the nature of the living ECK
              > > Master and will take it upon themselves to be snide with him.
              > >
              > > They likewise do not understand the troubles that befall them as a
              > > conseqence of their overt and covert attempts to belittle or
              > >ridicule
              > > the teachings of the blessed ECK. For some reason, they believe
              > >that
              > > they are above such things simply because they have read a few
              > >books
              > > or studied under certain teachers and pseudo-masters. Even the most
              > > simple lies will bring about a quick result which is not of a
              > >pleasant
              > > nature..."
              >
              > *** Well didn't it bring about a quick result not of a pleasant
              > nature to PT? Didn't he die more quickly than he ever thought? And
              > isn't HK so sick and looks like every year of his 62 years of age?
              > Oh, I forgot - he's the "karma tank"! ROFL!
              >
              > Ingrid

            • Non ekster
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006