Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 59

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15 7:36 AM

      >1. Comments on: "The Mystic World of Eckankar" June
      2005 From: "prometheus_973"
      <prometheus_973@...>

      Great stuff, Prometheus! Thank you!! By the way,
      this kind of commentary is what I feel works best to
      help people wake up, when you point out what Klemp is
      *really* doing. Otherwise, I daresay most uninformed
      members just do what I did - read it all and accept
      it, even though something seems a bit "off".

      I remember back when I first joined, shortly after
      Klemp took over, I'd read Gross's bio from the library
      and it was a factor in my joining. When I went to my
      first cult bookstudy I asked "What happened to Darwin
      Gross?" and the HI just said "He's not the master
      anymore" and changed the subject. I got the message -
      don't ask questions. It was several years before the
      other eckists were comfortable enough around me to
      talk about Gross, but it wasn't until I got on the
      internet that I got the *real* answers, and the whole
      "falling master" thing made sense.

      Anyway, I also remember an early Satsang where Klemp's
      "Beware of Black Magicians" message was discussed in
      depth, although of course Gross wasn't directly
      mentioned. I remember thinking it was a tad bit
      strange, all the focus on watching out for secret
      black magicians who were out to get us, to take care
      in accepting even little gifts from people, lots of
      dumb little "protection" rituals, etc. Oh! One big
      point at this Satsang that especially surprised me was
      the incredible fear of Christian prayer!!None of it
      seemed to agree with other "teachings" about the
      "master's" protection.

      It's sort of funny how I went full circle in the cult
      - at the end, when I went to a.r.e. an HI told me I
      needed to do "protection rituals" because of nasty
      entities who could actually pop out of the monitor and
      get me!! <gg> I told him I didn't feel comfortable
      with this, why did we have to do what were basically
      simple "Wiccan" rituals? I felt I had the "master's"
      protection 24/7, and doing these silly rituals seemed
      to indicate, to me, a lack of faith in the "master".

      Anyway, along the lines of your comments about this
      Mystic World article - I believe it's one of the
      "Master" discourses where Klemp addresses the issue of
      those "high" initiations and the possibility that
      members might feel like there's not really much to
      hang around for once they get those high initiations.
      He says there are lots of "mini-inner-initiations" you
      should watch for. Good grief!! Anyway, I don't feel
      like digging thru the box and finding it to post
      quotes - that's going to be on the future website,
      along with one of the "high" discourses where Klemp
      says yeah, it's true that once you get your 5th you
      can travel to those "god-worlds" by yourself, without
      him, but why would you want to? <gg>

      Prometheus, seriously, I hope you'll keep it in your
      mind somewhere, the possibility of doing a website in
      the future, for the benefit of those who aren't on the
      internet yet, or haven't yet begun to question, and
      won't even *look* at anti-eckstuff. This is the kind
      of thing that really helps true seekers.

      When I first got on the internet, a search for
      "eckankar" sent me to a.r.e. - I didn't know
      *anything* about the internet, didn't know the
      difference between a website, usenet, groups, etc.
      Anyway, I was shocked and confused at what I saw, but
      contacted an eckist who was posting there and was
      directed to the ecklists, where I hid out for around a
      year, trying to forget the word "plagiarism" as well
      as its implications. I worked hard at becoming
      stronger spiritually, until I could go back and help
      those poor lost confused souls who just didn't "get
      it".

      Well, thanks *so* much for your wonderful
      contributions to the true "Great Work"!! <ggg>

      Take care, have a great week, and everyone who's
      experiencing a heat wave right now but like me,
      totally *die* at temperatures over 75 - Think
      Snow!!!!!

      Hugs,

      Sharon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15 9:08 AM
        Hi Sharon,

        Thanks for your kind words and support. I have been thinking
        of a website, but could you point me in a direction in order to set
        one up. What approach are you taking? You can email me this info
        privately.

        Anyway, the only A.R.E. I was ever aware of, prior to leaving
        Eckankar and participation on the TS/HCS sites of Ford Johnson, was
        that of the Edgar Cayce group that I was a member of long ago. This
        was during my "psychic" period I guess.

        Yes, it seems that Harold is once again talking about black
        magicians, but in a different context as with Darwin. I remember
        that after listening to the tape of HK's H.I. talk ('84?), at our
        Eck center, on Darwin being a black magician that we discussed
        throwing out DG's pictures and books. One H.I. said something like,
        If having Darwin's pictures around is a means to use black magic
        then isn't it the same for Harold's pictures? At the time I thought
        that she just didn't get it, but now I can see that she did, or
        maybe her words were just meant for me to hear and remember.
        Unfortunately, she closed her mind and is still in Eckankar. Anyway,
        the next day I threw out the Darwin stuff from the Eck center, and
        put a whole new box of Darwin's "From Heaven to the Prairie" in the
        dumpster! I knew what to do... I was such a loyal little eckie!

        Oh, I was looking through HK's "Child in the Wilderness" and noticed
        the part (pages 234-239) where Harold mentions meeting this "unknown
        ECK Master" again, after ten years, and ends up following him to
        Texas. Harold's actions are strange enough, but what is really
        strange is that Harold (the Mahanta and right hand of SUGMAD) in
        this 1989 copyright, or even today, still doesn't know who
        this "unknown ECK Master" is! Isn't there something wrong with the
        Mahanta not knowing this "fact" or is it all a continuation of HK's
        delusions? I vote for delusion!

        Anyhow, I'll have to comment on the "Wisdom Note" next. It's got all
        kinds of whacky fun stuff in it!

        Prometheus

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Sharon