ECKists Should Not Be Fearful of the Truth About Eckankar

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
      Hello All, (revised)
      When Eckists read about the Lies and Distortions of Twitchell, Gross
      and Klemp they may become Fearful and Anxious that everything is a
      lie. This is Not true. God or what can be called GOD, as well as,
      SPIRIT still exist even though religions, like ECKANKAR, have always
      lied about and distorted the Truth. SOUL Does Not Need a Savior, or
      Master, or a Mahanta other than Itself! Soul Does Not Need a
      Hierarchy of "ECK Masters" either! Each individual Soul is Its own
      Cliffhanger! One may use the Ladder of Knowledge and Experience
      gleaned by others, but one should only trust the higher Self and
      Spirit in a Unity of Consciousness. SOUL Should Not be a follower of
      anything or anyone. Keeping an Open Mind, a Sense of Wonder, and Joy
      & Love of the Heart is Key to Unfoldment and Higher Awareness. All
      will be given when one is able to receive, and all will be revealed
      when one is able to see. The "when" depends upon you in being your
      own Self as Leader, Explorer, and Interpreter of Spirit in a
      Contented State of Oneness.

      The ties that bind one to ignorance are created by religion and the
      institutions (governments, etc.) that mislead, distract, numb, and
      control the masses. Sometimes this is done through promises of
      future rewards (i.e. lower taxes, more security, initiations, and
      heavenly gifts.) This is why it is necessary for religion,
      government, and big business to keep people uninformed, uneducated,
      fearful, and dependent upon the Prophets, Saviors, and World Leaders
      for all physical and spiritual needs. It's all a scam!

      Independence and Spiritual Freedom come through Non-Attachment and
      Self Awareness, and by Not Buying Into the Lies! Everyone needs to
      become more Wide Awake! Therefore, almost everything in life is a
      conspiracy of sorts. However, that's also the challenge!

      Prometheus
    • Ed Kusi
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
        Hi All,
        I agree with you absolutely, Prometheus, that Soul does not need a Saviour, Master, or Mahanta. I found this out before, during and after membership in orgs such as Eckankar. GOD or Spirit works and will work directly with anyone who has the understanding and opens himself/herself to IT. This is the truth they[self-appointed leaders] never wish to tell.
        Placing oneself under a spiritual authority, like that of guru or mahanta is agreeing to accept the flow of  Spirit through the limits and confines of, and filtration through the consciouness of another Soul. And I bet Soul equals Soul.
        That this slows down the growth of Soul is undeniable. Especially when the follower is told not to read, access, or explore anything outside of what passes through the state of consciousness of the so-called Godman. In addition, this is not how God intended it IMO. Soul is to freely explore and grow without any such restrictions.
        Given the great expanse of knowledge and information flowing freely from Creation through the inumerable channels to an individual compared to restricting oneself to the confines of the state of consciousness of a single person, I'll choose the former. If sharing such ideas makes me a 'detractor' to some so be it.
        Pretujari

        prometheus_973 <prometheus_973@...> wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
          Hello Pretujari,
          You made good points and got me to thinking about myself when I was
          a member of The Eckankar School of Unloving Detachment. Eckists are
          their own detractors of the Truth. I'm amazed at how they tend to
          blame others and hold grudges against people, especially, family
          members. Then again, look at the example that they follow! Klemp has
          always had problems with his own family relationships, and has
          either shunned and avoided them, run away, or blamed family members
          for just being human. Klemp decided to go to the 1971 ECK World Wide
          Seminar for an Initiation and to see Darwin (his Black Magician
          mentor) rather than attend his father's funeral and console his
          mother and brothers. Is it any wonder that Eckists today put so much
          emphasis on their initiation numbers and so less emphasis on love of
          family. Where IS the Love and Empathy? Shouldn't these be the by-
          products of the Higher Initiations and Higher Consciousness? Sure!
          However, this is also more proof that the initiations and the
          Mahanta are bogus and just more of the myth/scam/cult of Twitchell's
          joke upon society. However, when one understands the joke it gives
          new insights into reality. How many years does it take?

          When ECKists begin to realize the Truth about ECKANKAR they will
          become Fearful and Anxious and Upset. This is Soul telling them that
          something is wrong with their Delusional Belief System. This is part
          of the struggle that Soul has with ego and the lower worlds of
          illusion in order to take that next step towards Self-Mastery and
          Spiritual Freedom. Focusing on our own true Self (without a Mahanta)
          will also give us newer perspectives with newer insights and a
          lightness of Being. Soul works in Unity with SPIRIT.

          At first look being an ECKist did allow one to drop old perspectives
          of religion and taught some very different Eastern concepts that
          took those consolidated teachings in a new direction for the Western
          spiritual student. It opened things up and broadened our views as
          would any investigation into something new. However, the original
          teachings of Radhasoami(that Twitchell used) were distorted and
          flawed to begin with and then Twitchell distorted and revised them
          by "twisting facts" even more so! Gross added his own twists and now
          Klemp has added his own twists including a Christian like bent. What
          does this all mean for the ECKist? Only that it is all a Kal test!
          If you can see through the lies and know that those initiations are
          bogus and only feed the ego and if you are brave, independent, and
          responsible enough to stand on your own two feet, with balance, and
          without a Mahanta/Savior/Master/Leader to depend upon one realizes
          that this is the real Goal. By doing this you have begun to finally
          take that next big step towards Self-Mastery! Think about it!

          Prometheus

          Pretujari wrote:

[...]

        • Non ekster
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
            Yes fear of ones own family and Unloving Detachment is typical of
            Authoritarian Cults like eckankult. In fact, eckists fear anyone who
            is a skeptic, who questions and is a sincere seeker of the Truth. The
            eckankar trio (twitch, gross, klempster) are all made of the same
            material, delusion, lies and denial. What the higher initiates of
            eckankult are really afraid of is simply that they must admit that
            they have made a mistake for 10, 20, 30..... years. So what?
            Destroying your life, family and friends just to save face is a far
            worse debacle. Honesty is always best. Higer initiates never have
            proven to anyone that they are more spiritually adavanced in any way
            demonstrable. It is all just Cult/group think. Eckankult is just
            Huubris! lol and ignorance, and denial.

            Peace and Truth

            Non ;)

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2006
              Hi, All!

              Very good points about facing the truth about eckankar--why many
              cannot detach from it (leave the org) and why some who do leave are
              unable to move on from it. Some just have one foot out the door as
              they cling to some old beliefs they view as valid. It is difficult
              to realize and acknowledge to self and others that a mistake was
              lived for 10, 20 or 30 some years, so some former eckists will
              continue to rant that they learned so much from the teachings and
              that eckankar was a bridge for the "next" step in spiritual
              advancement. So basically these "highly evolved souls" distinguish
              themselves by viewing their former H.I. status as being more knowing
              and more spiritually advanced than others. They continue to look
              down their noses at the masses of humanity, maintaining the delusion
              that the eck initiations were valid and meant something! Until
              eckists and former eckists are ready to give up their belief in the
              bogus initiations, they are still trapped and will not be advancing
              anywhere soon!

              However, one caveat to mention is that even though one was caught up
              in this strange cult called eckankar, it doesn't mean one didn't
              unfold and develop. The problem, as I see it, is giving credit to
              eckankar for what was one's own innate ability to be one with God.
              Giving credit to eckankar is very misleading for others who might be
              tempted to be led astray by the eck bullsh't.

              One does not need a master/teacher to find God within! : )

              Mish

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster"