Re: HOW MUCH TRUTH IS GOOD ENOUGH?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
      Hi Leigh,

      Yes, I just looked it up... hadn't seen it before. We must be on the
      same page!

      Prometheus

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"
      <lgrif@m...> wrote:
      > <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > I saw this topic else where (on another BB), and wondered about
      this.
      > > Perhaps, we could just ask, How much truth is enough... rather
      > > than "good" enough? How much of anything are we able to
      assimilate,
      > > absorb, or experience? Or, is it the delusion of illusion that we
      > > judge? How much truth (or even Truth) do we need before over-kill
      or
      > > over indulgence is experienced? And, "good enough" for what? I
      know
      > > that these are a lot of questions to fire out there, but
      sometimes
      > > questions help to clarify the subject matter. But, maybe the
      question
      > > of "How Much Truth Is Good Enough is actually a stupid question.
      Is

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
        Hi,

        I thought I'd add some comments to the last ones I made. It makes me
        wonder how much truth is good enough for Ford and his BBs. With all
        of the conspiracy theories supported by his HCS posters... when does
        the untruth behind these sources tip the scales beyond acceptance? I
        can see that knowing about conspiracies and the workings of the world
        does have certain advantages, however, if you are incapable of
        understanding that your sources need scrutiny as well then you are
        lost! Critical thinking and common sense are even parroted by those
        who buy into the con/cult mind-think which is comically ironical!
        It's amazing how the ego rationalizes for itself.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
          Truth is always good enough, but Truth is not supported by lies and
          liars. Seeing Truth smattered in with nonsense takes a lot of time
          and effort, and the problem with discernment and sorting it out seems
          to be that one cannot find absolute Truth--only Truth that is good
          enough to satisfy and perhaps justify the digestion of all the lies
          and deceptions that surround this Truth. Frankly, I don't like to be
          wading through such mire when real Truth can more easily be found by
          looking at purer sources and by also focusing/trusting on inner/outer
          experiences and how it all relates to existence.