Re: The Spiritual Hierarchy according to the Eckankar Lexicon

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2005
      Hello, Ingrid!

      Yes, that is a good example of a person avoiding "life" situations.
      It seemed to me that many eckists had very poor social skills, and
      being in the org. didn't help them improve. But if you look at
      Harold and his personal stories, his skills have been lacking as
      well. This might be one reason why it would be difficult for some
      eckists to leave even though they are aware of the lies and
      deceptions pervasive in eckankar. In a way, some may be trapped by
      their lack of self-confidence which impedes self-responsibility. Of
      course, there are other reasons eckists will not leave, but that can
      be another discussion!