Re: HOW MUCH TRUTH IS GOOD ENOUGH?

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I saw this topic else where (on another BB), and wondered about this.
      > Perhaps, we could just ask, How much truth is enough... rather
      > than "good" enough? How much of anything are we able to assimilate,
      > absorb, or experience? Or, is it the delusion of illusion that we
      > judge? How much truth (or even Truth) do we need before over-kill or
      > over indulgence is experienced? And, "good enough" for what? I know
      > that these are a lot of questions to fire out there, but sometimes
      > questions help to clarify the subject matter. But, maybe the question
      > of "How Much Truth Is Good Enough is actually a stupid question. Is
      > the person asking this question maybe waffling as to what is really
      > necessary? Maybe Twitchell's truth was really "good enough" for some
      > or many. It seems that some people can live with lies and deceit with
      > every topic under the sun as long there is some truth in the mix.
      > This is exactly how con/cult artists succeed in fooling the masses.

      Hi:
      This is on the HCS board. I posted to the general question on
      6/3/2005 saying something similar.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
        Hi Leigh,

        Yes, I just looked it up... hadn't seen it before. We must be on the
        same page!

        Prometheus

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hi,

          I thought I'd add some comments to the last ones I made. It makes me
          wonder how much truth is good enough for Ford and his BBs. With all
          of the conspiracy theories supported by his HCS posters... when does
          the untruth behind these sources tip the scales beyond acceptance? I
          can see that knowing about conspiracies and the workings of the world
          does have certain advantages, however, if you are incapable of
          understanding that your sources need scrutiny as well then you are
          lost! Critical thinking and common sense are even parroted by those
          who buy into the con/cult mind-think which is comically ironical!
          It's amazing how the ego rationalizes for itself.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
            Truth is always good enough, but Truth is not supported by lies and
            liars. Seeing Truth smattered in with nonsense takes a lot of time
            and effort, and the problem with discernment and sorting it out seems
            to be that one cannot find absolute Truth--only Truth that is good
            enough to satisfy and perhaps justify the digestion of all the lies
            and deceptions that surround this Truth. Frankly, I don't like to be
            wading through such mire when real Truth can more easily be found by
            looking at purer sources and by also focusing/trusting on inner/outer
            experiences and how it all relates to existence.