HOW MUCH TRUTH IS GOOD ENOUGH?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hi All,

      I saw this topic else where (on another BB), and wondered about this.
      Perhaps, we could just ask, How much truth is enough... rather
      than "good" enough? How much of anything are we able to assimilate,
      absorb, or experience? Or, is it the delusion of illusion that we
      judge? How much truth (or even Truth) do we need before over-kill or
      over indulgence is experienced? And, "good enough" for what? I know
      that these are a lot of questions to fire out there, but sometimes
      questions help to clarify the subject matter. But, maybe the question
      of "How Much Truth Is Good Enough is actually a stupid question. Is
      the person asking this question maybe waffling as to what is really
      necessary? Maybe Twitchell's truth was really "good enough" for some
      or many. It seems that some people can live with lies and deceit with
      every topic under the sun as long there is some truth in the mix.
      This is exactly how con/cult artists succeed in fooling the masses.

      Prometheus
    • l2eigh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
        <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I saw this topic else where (on another BB), and wondered about this.
        > Perhaps, we could just ask, How much truth is enough... rather
        > than "good" enough? How much of anything are we able to assimilate,
        > absorb, or experience? Or, is it the delusion of illusion that we
        > judge? How much truth (or even Truth) do we need before over-kill or
        > over indulgence is experienced? And, "good enough" for what? I know
        > that these are a lot of questions to fire out there, but sometimes
        > questions help to clarify the subject matter. But, maybe the question
        > of "How Much Truth Is Good Enough is actually a stupid question. Is
        > the person asking this question maybe waffling as to what is really
        > necessary? Maybe Twitchell's truth was really "good enough" for some
        > or many. It seems that some people can live with lies and deceit with
        > every topic under the sun as long there is some truth in the mix.
        > This is exactly how con/cult artists succeed in fooling the masses.

        Hi:
        This is on the HCS board. I posted to the general question on
        6/3/2005 saying something similar.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hi Leigh,

          Yes, I just looked it up... hadn't seen it before. We must be on the
          same page!

          Prometheus

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
            Hi,

            I thought I'd add some comments to the last ones I made. It makes me
            wonder how much truth is good enough for Ford and his BBs. With all
            of the conspiracy theories supported by his HCS posters... when does
            the untruth behind these sources tip the scales beyond acceptance? I
            can see that knowing about conspiracies and the workings of the world
            does have certain advantages, however, if you are incapable of
            understanding that your sources need scrutiny as well then you are
            lost! Critical thinking and common sense are even parroted by those
            who buy into the con/cult mind-think which is comically ironical!
            It's amazing how the ego rationalizes for itself.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2005
              Truth is always good enough, but Truth is not supported by lies and
              liars. Seeing Truth smattered in with nonsense takes a lot of time
              and effort, and the problem with discernment and sorting it out seems
              to be that one cannot find absolute Truth--only Truth that is good
              enough to satisfy and perhaps justify the digestion of all the lies
              and deceptions that surround this Truth. Frankly, I don't like to be
              wading through such mire when real Truth can more easily be found by
              looking at purer sources and by also focusing/trusting on inner/outer
              experiences and how it all relates to existence.