Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 381

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2006
      > 2. LTG 3 and Max Freeman Lon
      > From: ewickings@...

      Liz, I *promise* that no later than Monday, I'll go
      thru the bags & boxes & find LTG III. Maybe even
      tonight - a few of them are in very accessible places
      and it might only take me a few minutes.

      Still "recovering" from vacation - BTW, has anyone
      else checked out http://www.realage.com ? I was
      *horrified* at my results which I won't mention right
      now, other than right now I *do* feel like my own
      grandmother - dead!! <gg>

      Hope everyone's enjoying beautiful summer weather,
      wherever you are!! My idea of "beautiful summer" is
      75F, tops. <gg>

      Hugs,

      Sharon
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2006
        Geez, last night I got my "second wind", found LTG III and posted a
        response - but I just found a "failure" notice in my inbox!! So here
        it is again, a day later....

        > 2. LTG 3 and Max Freeman Lon
        > Posted by: "ewickings@..." ewickings@...
        > whitefeatherliz
        > Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:40 pm (PDT)
        >
        > Well folks, after doing some research, I want to ask
        > a question before I go
        > further.
        >
        > If someone has a copy of LTG 3 could they please
        > look up the letter titled
        >
        > "Mathematics and Word Symbols April 15th 1964"
        >
        > Next please tell me if in this letter, the 12th
        > paragraph reads as follows:
        >

        > "One of the best studies on this is the book The
        > Secret Science Behind
        > Miracles by Max Freeman Lon(g), who looked into the
        > power which the priest cult of
        > Hawaii, the (capitalized)kahunas, used to control
        weather, pray a
        > man to death, tell your
        > future, or travel out of body to distant places and
        > report back on what was
        > being done in that distant place. This is one of the
        > most interesting books that
        > you can pick up, for it will give you more about the
        > occult study than those
        > you have been reading." (end quote)

        I put corrections in ( ).

        > When I first posted info on this I had forwarded a
        > cut and past of the
        > message sent to Ford's TS bb. I purposely spelled
        > the name of the author "Max
        > Freeman Lon" though I did accidentally add the g to
        > the name. In LTG 3 Paul
        > Twitchell does not spell the author's name
        > correctly. But he does reference
        > the title of the book correctly.

        My version of LTG III is copyright 1990, Eckankar.

        What version did you have, or were you re-posting what someone else
        had typed up, omitting the "g" in "Long"?

        The Secret
        > Science Behind Miracles does
        > exists, but the correct spelling of the author is
        > "Max Freedom Long" as I also
        > listed in the referenced post I copied to this
        > group from TS.
        >
        > I guess my goal was the hopes that maybe an Eckist
        > would email one of the
        > groups ( ESA, or TS) to correct the error. But of
        > course that never happened.
        > So I am going to my amateur observations and
        > then see where this goes.
        >
        > It is my belief Paul Twitchell DELIBERATLY miss
        > spelled Max Freedom Long's
        > name, though he did share the correct title of the
        > book he mentioned to Gail.
        > I'm not positive but I wonder if it was more
        > difficult to reference a book
        > to an author during the days of the old? Now a days
        > you can go on the net and
        > do a google search and find anything you are
        > looking for!

        I'm surprised to see that if his name was originally
        spelled "Lon", that the error was corrected in a later
        edition, when you consider so much editing that
        perhaps *should* have been done in so much of Twitch's
        "work"!!

        > So, I have been able to purchase two books by Max
        > Freedom Long, The Secret
        > Science Behind Miracles, and also The Huna Code in
        > Religions. I have not come
        > across the one titled The Secret Science at Work,
        > but I am still searching!

        Several copies are available right now at:
        http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?
        sts=t&an=max+freedom+long&y=19&tn=secret+science&x=30

        > Now for the really interesting find! A couple days
        > ago I purchased two
        > envelops (mail) dated 1952 by Max Freedom Long,
        > containing personal
        > correspondences to an individual requesting
        > information and Bulletins (or what some might
        > call a discourse). In one of the correspondences
        > are secret words! Yep,
        > and I might be wrong but they sure sound like some
        > of the secret words
        > listed in the Initiators Handbook!

        Who were the letters sent to????

        Twitch mentioned studying several cults and mentioned
        the "tactics" they used succesfully in Letters to a
        Chela.

        > So if anyone is game, how about listing those secret
        > words that sound oh so
        > Hawaiian so we can compare them to Max Freedom
        > Long's. (Well if you would
        > rather send them privately to me that would work
        > too) I am also still
        > interested in comparing the Death Prayer by Max and
        > Paul Twitchell's version.

        Shoot, didn't run across the initiator's handbook in
        the bags I just went thru, looking for LTG III - I'll
        get to it ASAP!!!

        Wait a sec - I'll check the a.r.e. archives!! I might
        have posted them all at ET, but last time I used their
        search function it only worked for one page of
        messages at a time, so doing a search would take
        forever.

        Hey, while doing a search, I found these old posts
        from 2000 - what a hoot!! I don't remember ever
        seeing them.

        From:the_troll_speaks - view profile
        Date:Mon, Oct 16 2000 12:00 am

        Sharon, I would be willing to pay you good money, up
        to fifty dollars a
        month for three months, if you would transcribe the
        Eck Initiator's
        handbook on this forum. Page for Page. I can trust you
        to transcribe it
        as it appears. Some other folks here have poor reading
        skills. Do you
        have a copy of such a book ?-Troll

        Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
        Before you buy.

        From:Galuuk - view profile
        Date:Mon, Oct 16 2000 12:00 am
        Not yet rated

        Troll makes a proposition to Sharon....

        <<< Sharon, I would be willing to pay you good
        money, up to fifty dollars
        month for three months, if you would transcribe the
        Eck Initiator's
        handbook on this forum. >>>

        If Sharon had such a book, she would have had to steal
        it at some point. That
        in itself is a criminal offense. Beyond that,
        publishing its pages without
        express written consent from the author and publisher
        is also a criminal act.
        You might want to consult David Lane on the
        unauthorized publication of
        copyrited material.

        Joey
        ---------------------------------

        Hmmm, I must've seen these posts since I replied: "If
        I had it, I'd post it myself...for free. Sharon"

        Well, I couldn't find anywhere where I'd posted the
        SECRET WORDS <giggle> - odd that they don't capitalize
        that, in the tacky way they capitalize other eckwords.
        But oh horrors, I ran across some of my old posts as
        an eckist!!

        > Is it just me, or does it seem like Paul was
        > attempting to *hide* who and
        > where he was getting some of his material from Max
        > Freedom Long? ;-) There
        > is no mistaken it!!! Paul listed "The Secret
        > Science Behind Miracles" in LTG3
        > did he accidentally spell the authors name.... a
        > typo?

        More likely it was a typo, although he *did* make up
        all those eckmaster names & other "speshul" cultwords.
        That long list of "credits" was at the end of LTG 1
        or 2, neither of which are handy right now, so I can't
        check the spelling in this list of books he
        recommended that Gail read. Eckthugs frequently claim
        this booklist was his way of crediting the authors he
        plagiarized; however, this was simply a list of
        recommended reading for Gail, in private letters
        *before* they concocted the cult. At the time he
        wrote the letters, there was no reason to lie to Gail
        about the sources of his "teachings".

        > Regardless as to the spelling, the facts seem to
        > point toward the Huna info
        > was used by Paul Twitchell.

        He managed to steal from everywhere and everything,
        didn't he? It'll be wonderful if you spot more
        plagiarism, to add to the ever-growing list of new
        discoveries ever since Clergyboy Rich Smith issued his
        "challenge" some years back!! So much new stuff has
        been found since David Lane started the "Centre for
        Twitchellian Plagiarism" website, where he never got
        to typing up and posting the already existing
        paragraph-by-paragraph documentation.

        Okay, I'm just going to let this sit here while I go
        hunt up the Initiator's Handbook!!

        Sorry, can't find it - as a fairly recent acquisition
        and not quite a "book", more of a big pamphlet, it's
        in one of my "recent" bags (paper in plastic is often
        much better than boxes!) of paperwork, files, etc.

        But I *did* find the flyswatter!!! <ggg> I've got
        one of those darned pesky little "ankle" flies!!
        Whether it gets swatted or not, at least with the
        flyswatter in my hand in plain sight, it's hiding out
        somewhere and not bothering me!!

        Wow, this "second wind" has been fun, but ohmigod, I
        *must* get my lazy behind moving *before* I start
        stuff like looking up eckquotes, etc., again, and get
        organized so I won't end up with a big mess.

        Liz, I'm sort of sorry that my edition of LTG doesn't
        have "Long" misspelled "Lon" ... but the "Kahuna"
        connection is quite interesting! Did you know that
        Twitch claimed to have spent some time on some Pacific
        Island, pearl-diving and learning about voodoo?

        My nickname in high school was "The Kahuna" - isn't
        that sort of funny?

        Gotta go, and I hope to find the handbook by Monday!

        Bye now!

        Hugs,

        Sharon
      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2006
          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
          <brighttigress@...> wrote:

          > > "One of the best studies on this is the book The Secret Science
          Behind Miracles by Max Freeman Lon(g), who looked into the power
          which the priest cult of Hawaii, the (capitalized)kahunas, used to
          control weather, pray a man to death, tell your future, or travel out
          of body to distant places and report back on what was being done in
          that distant place."

          *** I realized the last name was spelled incorrectly. What I really
          question is if Paul wrote "Freeman" as the middle name? Or was that
          an oversite / typo on the person that provided me the paragraph?

          > I'm surprised to see that if his name was originally
          > spelled "Lon", that the error was corrected in a later
          > edition, when you consider so much editing that
          > perhaps *should* have been done in so much of Twitch's
          > "work"!!

          *** I think it was most likely a typo for the last name. But the
          author's name should say Max Freedom Long, "Freedom" not Freeman.
          Sharon can you verify what your copy says? Since your copy of LTG3
          is a 1990 copy, maybe Darwin Gross would have a copy earlier than
          that we could verify comparisons with? I forgot, he was forced to
          give all that stuff back? ;-)

          > Now for the really interesting find! A couple days ago I purchased
          two envelops (mail) dated 1952 by Max Freedom Long,

          > Who were the letters sent to????

          *** It wasn't sent to Paul Twit, so I won't mention the person's name
          here. But these letters contained numerous references to L.Ron
          Hubbard, Dianetics, and the new Scientology, Bach Remedies, etc... as
          well, some secret words that were being used in Rituals, a huge list
          of references in their HRA Bulletins, which I am not sure but might
          still be available somewhere out there? (and do I want to bother
          researching and sifting through them if I could get ahold of them?)

          > Twitch mentioned studying several cults and mentioned
          > the "tactics" they used succesfully in Letters to a
          > Chela.

          *** Some of the stuff I'm reading by Max "Freedom" Long is so OLD
          SCHOOL and boring! But a lot of it sounds like Twit, some even word
          for word stuff I know I have read in the past by Twit. But I don't
          have any of my Twit Material other than two books. I don't feel like
          spending any money on purchasing up Pauls' older stuff. Any of Twit's
          stuff after Klump took over, you can bet it was all re written!
          Darn, wish I had kept some of my ekult CRAP!

          > --------------------------------
          > If Sharon had such a book, she would have had to steal
          it at some point. That in itself is a criminal offense. Beyond
          that, publishing its pages without express written consent from the
          author and publisher is also a criminal act. You might want to
          consult David Lane on the unauthorized publication of copyrited
          material.

          > ---------------------------------
          >
          > Hmmm, I must've seen these posts since I replied: "If
          > I had it, I'd post it myself...for free. Sharon"

          *** LOL hmmm well seems there must be plenty of ex HI's out there
          handing over those super secret handbooks to researchers! ;-) Would
          it be copyrite infringment if some of us just shared our secret
          words? (that all are very Hawiian sounding / spelled!)

          Anyway, if I get some extra free time this week, I'll post the Death
          Prayer given by Max Freedom Long, and maybe by then Paul Twit's will
          be located and posted as well, for comparisons?

          BTW huna means secret, and anana the death prayer. So many words,
          sounds, and meanings in the books by Max Freedom Long, so much like
          Twit. Did this guy even have an original thought of his own!?

          More later....
          Liz