Sri Harold Klemp Quit.... ;-)

  • ewickings@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10 6:49 AM
      And it came to pass when he saw that the multitude thronged him the more day on day,
      tighter and closer and fiercer than ever they had,
      when he saw that they pressed him to heal them without rest,
      and feed them always with his miracles,
      to learn for them and to live their lives,
      he went alone that day onto a hilltop apart, and their he prayed.

      And he said in his heart, Infinite radiant Is, if it be thy will,
      let this cup pass from me, let me lay aside this impossible task.
      I cannot live the life of one other soul, yet ten thousand cry to me for life.
      I'm sorry I allowed it all to happen. If it be thy will,
      let me go back to my engines and my tools and let me live as other men.

      And a voice spoke to him on the hilltop, a voice neither male nor female,
      loud nor soft, a voice infinitely kind.

      And the voice said unto him,
      "Not my will but thine be done
      For what is thy will is mine for thee.
      Go thy way as other men,
      And be thou happy on the earth."

      And hearing, the master was glad and gave thanks
      and came down from the hilltop humming a little mechanic's song.

      And when the throng pressed him with its woes,
      beseeching him to heal for it and learn for it and feed it non stop
      from his understanding and to entertain it with his wonders,
      he smiled at the multitude and said pleasantly unto them,

      "I QUIT"
      And he went his way through the crowds and left them,
      and he returned to the everyday world of men and machines.
      Excerpt from 'Illusions. The Adventures of a reluctant Messiah', by Richard Bach