Re: Random Thoughts on Ekult

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
      Hi, Kaye!

      I sort of remember this eck story and some others in which the
      godman Klemp made it clear to chelas that they should not take legal
      action against those who caused some serious harm. It seemed like a
      narrow view of such injurious events in that, as you point out,
      without correction other people could also suffer at the hands of
      the "karmic" actions of inept individuals. I think Klemp paid too
      much attention to that book he recommended so often by Richard
      Maybury called "What Ever Happened to Justice." In addition, I am
      sure that Klemp did not like to be involved in law suits in general,
      even the one eckankar brought against David Lane, and the one with
      Darwin Gross. Lawsuits do tend to dredge up a lot of dirt and can be
      very time consuming! Isn't it interesting, though, how many books
      Klemp recommends such as in law, healing and health. He has no
      original ideas really, including the chela stories he recycles and
      recycles.

      I enjoyed the Tatooed Stranger Story! : )

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, kaye
      <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > HK claims to be a prophet and the highest spiritual
      manifestation on earth. If this is true, then why are Eck-Vidya
      readings or, at least, predictions, no longer given. There are
      talented, humble people who make no such lofty claims, but are able
      to assist people, the police and healthcare practitioners in the
      service of mankind.

      > I've been visiting some of the new age / spiritual sites and
      comparing them with ekult.
      > I could never accept the karma explaination that always appears
      in the ekult books, etc. I don't remember which ekult book it came
      from, but a story that comes to mind is about a woman who purchased
      some exercise equipment. Two men from the company delivered and
      assembled the equipment. The woman sustained a serious, if not
      nearly fatal accident while using the equipment because the two men
      set it up wrong. It took some time for her to recover from her
      injuries and was shown, by the godman, that in a past life, she had
      killed these two men and that the accident was her return karma. If
      she sued the men then she would continue the karma, so she didn't.
      There is so much wrong with this story! I don't know of many reps
      who would set up equipment and not test it for safety or that the
      company would not have some difinitive policies about this for their
      protection and for the consumer's protection. It, of course, could
      have been a design flaw. According to HK, the woman had it
      > coming! She couldn't sue because this would keep the karma going!
      So was she able to report the danger to the company so that it could
      recall the dangerous equipment or, perhaps, be made aware that they
      had representatives out there who were unable to properly set up the
      equipment and causing serious injuries? Perhaps these guys have more
      scores to settle? I found these type stories depressing.

      > This site is worth checking out!
      >
      > http://www.uou.to/
      >
      > Here's a touching story I found at this site that I would like
      to share. So different from what I was used to in ekult! Written
      with real FEELINGS with LOVE and COMPASSION so well illustrated!
      > (Site Map: First- Enter Here to Our Mission to Spiritual
      Topics to Being of Service)

      > * The Tattooed Stranger *
      >
      > He was kind of scary. He sat there on the grass with his
      cardboard sign, his dog (actually his dog was adorable) and tattoos
      running up and down both arms and even on his neck. His sign
      proclaimed him to be "stuck and hungry" and to please help. I'm a
      sucker for anyone needing help. My husband both hates and loves
      this quality in me.

      > I pulled the van over and in my rearview mirror, contemplated
      this man, tattoos and all. He was youngish, maybe forty. He wore
      one of those bandannas tied over his head, biker/pirate style.
      Anyone could see he was dirty and had a scraggly beard. But if you
      looked closer, you could see that he had neatly tucked in the black
      T-shirt, and his things were in a small, tidy bundle.

      > Nobody was stopping for him. I could see the other drivers take
      one look and immediately focus on something else - anything else.
      It was so hot out. I could see in the man's very blue eyes how
      dejected and tired and worn-out he felt. The sweat was trickling
      down his face. As I sat with the air-conditioning blowing, the
      scripture suddenly popped into my head:

      > "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, my
      brethren, so ye have done it unto me."

      > I reached down into my purse and extracted a ten-dollar bill.
      > My twelve-year old son, Nick knew right away what I was doing.
      >
      > "Can I take it to him, Mom?"
      >
      > "Be careful, honey." I warned and handed him the money. I
      watched in the mirror as he rushed over to the man, and with a shy
      smile, handed it to him. I saw the man, startled, stand and take
      the money, putting it into his back pocket.

      > "Good," I thought to myself, "now he will at least have a hot
      meal tonight."

      > I felt satisfied, proud of myself. I had made a sacrifice and
      now I could go on with my errands. When Nick got back into the car,
      he looked at me with sad, pleading eyes.

      > "Mom, his dog looks so hot and the man is really nice."
      >
      > I knew I had to do more. "Go back and tell him to stay there,
      that we will be back in fifteen minutes," I told Nick.

      > He bounded out of the car and ran to tell the tattooed stranger.
      > We then ran to the nearest store and bought our gifts carefully.
      >
      > "It can't be too heavy," I explained to the children. "He has
      to be able to carry it around with him."

      > We finally settled on our purchases. A bag of "Ol' Roy" (I
      hoped it was good - it looked good enough for me to eat! How do
      they make dog food look that way?); a flavored chew-toy shaped like
      a bone; a water dish, bacon flavor snacks (for the dog); two bottles
      of water (one for the dog, one for Mr. Tattoos); and some people
      snacks for the man.

      > We rushed back to the spot where we had left him, and there he
      was, still waiting. And still nobody else was stopping for him.
      With hands shaking, I grabbed our bags and climbed out of the car,
      all four of my children following me, each carrying gifts.

      > As we walked up to him, I had a fleeting moment of fear, hoping
      he wasn't a serial killer. I looked into his eyes and saw something
      that startled me and made me ashamed of my judgment. I saw tears.

      > He was fighting like a little boy to hold back his tears. How
      long had it been since someone showed this man kindness? I told him
      I hoped it wasn't too heavy for him to carry and showed him what we
      had brought. He stood there, like a child at Christmas, and I felt
      like my small contributions were so inadequate.

      > When I took out the water dish, he snatched it out of my hands
      as if it were solid gold and told me he had had no way to give his
      dog water. He gingerly set it down, filled it with the bottled
      water we brought, and stood up to look directly into my eyes.

      > His were so blue, so intense and my own filled with tears as he
      said: "Ma'am, I don't know what to say."

      > He then put both hands on his bandanna-clad head and just
      started to cry. This man, this "scary" man, was so gentle, so
      sweet, so humble. I smiled through my tears and said: "Don't say
      anything."

      > Then I noticed the tattoo on his neck. It said "Mama tried." As
      we all piled into the van and drove away, he was on his knees, arms
      around his dog, kissing his nose and smiling. I waved cheerfully
      and then fully broke down in tears.

      > I have so much. My worries seem so trivial and petty now. I
      have a home, a loving husband, and four beautiful children. I have
      a bed. I wondered where he would sleep tonight.

      > My stepdaughter, Brandie turned to me and said in the sweetest
      little - girl voice, "I feel so good." Although it seemed as if we
      had helped him, the man with the tattoos gave us a gift that I will
      never forget.

      > He taught that no matter what the outside looks like, inside
      each of us is a human being deserving of kindness, of compassion, of
      acceptance. He opened my heart. Tonight and every night I will
      pray for the gentle man with the tattoos and his dog. And I will
      hope that God will send more people like him into my life to remind
      me what's really important.

      > Written by Susan Fahncke whose website is www.2TheHeart.com
      where one can subscribe to beautiful daily stories written by her
      and other compassionate, caring authors.

      > Sniff! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
      >
      > Kaye

      Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.