Re: Random Thoughts on Ekult

  • Freefrom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Hi Kaye,

      I found your post to be very touching. So much of eckankult
      was all about this eck detached love, certainly devoid of feelings and
      therefore compasion and empathy. Eckankar is an egocentric religion.
      Quite often, I find myself overlooking a theology or religious
      viewpoint that I may disagree with when I observe that the people
      involved have heart. Actions speak louder than words. This is one area
      that is a crossover for all the external trappiings and dogma that are
      on the surface. I rarely see this in eckankar though. This world is
      just an "ash can" and the goal is to escape it, according to eck
      doctrin as stated by Klemp and the other fake "masters". Sometimes I
      see this exhibited in the ex-eckists who complain about those who
      suposedly don't "move on, or forward". I wonder what they would say
      about Hitler and the Holocaust and the movie Schindler's List, etc..
      There are a lot of people who aggressively attempt to educate each new
      generation about the good and the bad in history. They want the truth
      to be told, and in some ways, it is a good thing to NOT forget certain
      atrocities, yet we can heal from and learn from these experiences.
      THere is a fundamentalism, both in organized religion and some of the
      New Age religions that puts a guilt trip on those who would attempt to
      learn and grow from their experiences, and then to pass this learning
      on to others, especially the youth. What eckankar does to their youth,
      just encourages denial and delusion, IMHO.

      Best Wishes!

      Freefrom

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, kaye
      <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > HK claims to be a prophet and the highest spiritual manifestation
      on earth. If this is true, then why are Eck-Vidya readings or, at
      least, predictions, no longer given. There are talented, humble people
      who make no such lofty claims, but are able to assist people, the
      police and healthcare practitioners in the service of mankind.

      > I've been visiting some of the new age / spiritual sites and
      comparing them with ekult.
      > I could never accept the karma explaination that always appears in
      the ekult books, etc. I don't remember which ekult book it came from,
      but a story that comes to mind is about a woman who purchased some
      exercise equipment. Two men from the company delivered and assembled
      the equipment. The woman sustained a serious, if not nearly fatal
      accident while using the equipment because the two men set it up
      wrong. It took some time for her to recover from her injuries and was
      shown, by the godman, that in a past life, she had killed these two
      men and that the accident was her return karma. If she sued the men
      then she would continue the karma, so she didn't. There is so much
      wrong with this story! I don't know of many reps who would set up
      equipment and not test it for safety or that the company would not
      have some difinitive policies about this for their protection and for
      the consumer's protection. It, of course, could have been a design
      flaw. According to HK, the woman had it
      > coming! She couldn't sue because this would keep the karma going!
      So was she able to report the danger to the company so that it could
      recall the dangerous equipment or, perhaps, be made aware that they
      had representatives out there who were unable to properly set up the
      equipment and causing serious injuries? Perhaps these guys have more
      scores to settle? I found these type stories depressing.

      > This site is worth checking out!
      >
      > http://www.uou.to/
      >
      > Here's a touching story I found at this site that I would like to
      share. So different from what I was used to in ekult! Written with
      real FEELINGS with LOVE and COMPASSION so well illustrated!
      > (Site Map: First- Enter Here to Our Mission to Spiritual Topics
      to Being of Service)

      > * The Tattooed Stranger *
      >
      > He was kind of scary. He sat there on the grass with his
      cardboard sign, his dog (actually his dog was adorable) and tattoos
      running up and down both arms and even on his neck. His sign
      proclaimed him to be "stuck and hungry" and to please help. I'm a
      sucker for anyone needing help. My husband both hates and loves this
      quality in me.

      > I pulled the van over and in my rearview mirror, contemplated this
      man, tattoos and all. He was youngish, maybe forty. He wore one of
      those bandannas tied over his head, biker/pirate style. Anyone could
      see he was dirty and had a scraggly beard. But if you looked closer,
      you could see that he had neatly tucked in the black T-shirt, and his
      things were in a small, tidy bundle.

      > Nobody was stopping for him. I could see the other drivers take
      one look and immediately focus on something else - anything else. It
      was so hot out. I could see in the man's very blue eyes how dejected
      and tired and worn-out he felt. The sweat was trickling down his
      face. As I sat with the air-conditioning blowing, the scripture
      suddenly popped into my head:

      > "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, my brethren,
      so ye have done it unto me."

      > I reached down into my purse and extracted a ten-dollar bill.
      > My twelve-year old son, Nick knew right away what I was doing.
      >
      > "Can I take it to him, Mom?"
      >
      > "Be careful, honey." I warned and handed him the money. I watched
      in the mirror as he rushed over to the man, and with a shy smile,
      handed it to him. I saw the man, startled, stand and take the money,
      putting it into his back pocket.

      > "Good," I thought to myself, "now he will at least have a hot meal
      tonight."

      > I felt satisfied, proud of myself. I had made a sacrifice and now
      I could go on with my errands. When Nick got back into the car, he
      looked at me with sad, pleading eyes.

      > "Mom, his dog looks so hot and the man is really nice."
      >
      > I knew I had to do more. "Go back and tell him to stay there,
      that we will be back in fifteen minutes," I told Nick.

      > He bounded out of the car and ran to tell the tattooed stranger.
      > We then ran to the nearest store and bought our gifts carefully.
      >
      > "It can't be too heavy," I explained to the children. "He has to
      be able to carry it around with him."

      > We finally settled on our purchases. A bag of "Ol' Roy" (I hoped
      it was good - it looked good enough for me to eat! How do they make
      dog food look that way?); a flavored chew-toy shaped like a bone; a
      water dish, bacon flavor snacks (for the dog); two bottles of water
      (one for the dog, one for Mr. Tattoos); and some people snacks for
      the man.

      > We rushed back to the spot where we had left him, and there he
      was, still waiting. And still nobody else was stopping for him. With
      hands shaking, I grabbed our bags and climbed out of the car, all four
      of my children following me, each carrying gifts.

      > As we walked up to him, I had a fleeting moment of fear, hoping he
      wasn't a serial killer. I looked into his eyes and saw something that
      startled me and made me ashamed of my judgment. I saw tears.

      > He was fighting like a little boy to hold back his tears. How
      long had it been since someone showed this man kindness? I told him I
      hoped it wasn't too heavy for him to carry and showed him what we had
      brought. He stood there, like a child at Christmas, and I felt like
      my small contributions were so inadequate.

      > When I took out the water dish, he snatched it out of my hands as
      if it were solid gold and told me he had had no way to give his dog
      water. He gingerly set it down, filled it with the bottled water we
      brought, and stood up to look directly into my eyes.

      > His were so blue, so intense and my own filled with tears as he
      said: "Ma'am, I don't know what to say."

      > He then put both hands on his bandanna-clad head and just started
      to cry. This man, this "scary" man, was so gentle, so sweet, so
      humble. I smiled through my tears and said: "Don't say anything."

      > Then I noticed the tattoo on his neck. It said "Mama tried." As
      we all piled into the van and drove away, he was on his knees, arms
      around his dog, kissing his nose and smiling. I waved cheerfully and
      then fully broke down in tears.

      > I have so much. My worries seem so trivial and petty now. I have
      a home, a loving husband, and four beautiful children. I have a bed.
      I wondered where he would sleep tonight.

      > My stepdaughter, Brandie turned to me and said in the sweetest
      little - girl voice, "I feel so good." Although it seemed as if we had
      helped him, the man with the tattoos gave us a gift that I will never
      forget.

      > He taught that no matter what the outside looks like, inside each
      of us is a human being deserving of kindness, of compassion, of
      acceptance. He opened my heart. Tonight and every night I will pray
      for the gentle man with the tattoos and his dog. And I will hope that
      God will send more people like him into my life to remind me what's
      really important.

      > Written by Susan Fahncke whose website is www.2TheHeart.com where
      one can subscribe to beautiful daily stories written by her and other
      compassionate, caring authors.

      > Sniff! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
      >
      > Kaye
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
        Hi, Kaye!

        I sort of remember this eck story and some others in which the
        godman Klemp made it clear to chelas that they should not take legal
        action against those who caused some serious harm. It seemed like a
        narrow view of such injurious events in that, as you point out,
        without correction other people could also suffer at the hands of
        the "karmic" actions of inept individuals. I think Klemp paid too
        much attention to that book he recommended so often by Richard
        Maybury called "What Ever Happened to Justice." In addition, I am
        sure that Klemp did not like to be involved in law suits in general,
        even the one eckankar brought against David Lane, and the one with
        Darwin Gross. Lawsuits do tend to dredge up a lot of dirt and can be
        very time consuming! Isn't it interesting, though, how many books
        Klemp recommends such as in law, healing and health. He has no
        original ideas really, including the chela stories he recycles and
        recycles.

        I enjoyed the Tatooed Stranger Story! : )

        Mish