RE: Random Thoughts on Ekult

  • kaye
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      HK claims to be a prophet and the highest spiritual manifestation on earth. If this is true, then why are Eck-Vidya readings or, at least, predictions, no longer given. There are talented, humble people who make no such lofty claims, but are able to assist people, the police and healthcare practitioners in the service of mankind.

      I've been visiting some of the new age / spiritual sites and comparing them with ekult.
      I could never accept the karma explaination that always appears in the ekult books, etc. I don't remember which ekult book it came from, but a story that comes to mind is about a woman who purchased some exercise equipment. Two men from the company delivered and assembled the equipment. The woman sustained a serious, if not nearly fatal accident while using the equipment because the two men set it up wrong. It took some time for her to recover from her injuries and was shown, by the godman, that in a past life, she had killed these two men and that the accident was her return karma. If she sued the men then she would continue the karma, so she didn't. There is so much wrong with this story! I don't know of many reps who would set up equipment and not test it for safety or that the company would not have some difinitive policies about this for their protection and for the consumer's protection. It, of course, could have been a design flaw. According to HK, the woman had it coming! She couldn't sue because this would keep the karma going! So was she able to report the danger to the company so that it could recall the dangerous equipment or, perhaps, be made aware that they had representatives out there who were unable to properly set up the equipment and causing serious injuries? Perhaps these guys have more scores to settle? I found these type stories depressing.

      This site is worth checking out!

      Here's a touching story I found at this site that I would like to share. So different from what I was used to in ekult! Written with real FEELINGS with LOVE and COMPASSION  so well illustrated!
      (Site Map:  First- Enter Here to Our Mission to Spiritual Topics to Being of Service)

      * The Tattooed Stranger *

      He was kind of scary.  He sat there on the grass with his cardboard sign, his dog (actually his dog was adorable) and tattoos running up and down both arms and even on his neck.  His sign proclaimed him to be "stuck and hungry" and to please help.  I'm a sucker for anyone needing help.  My husband both hates and loves this quality in me.
      I pulled the van over and in my rearview mirror, contemplated this man, tattoos and all.  He was youngish, maybe forty.  He wore one of those bandannas tied over his head, biker/pirate style.  Anyone could see he was dirty and had a scraggly beard.  But if you looked closer, you could see that he had neatly tucked in the black T-shirt, and his things were in a small, tidy bundle.
      Nobody was stopping for him.  I could see the other drivers take one look and immediately focus on something else - anything else.
      It was so hot out.  I could see in the man's very blue eyes how dejected and tired and worn-out he felt.  The sweat was trickling down his face.  As I sat with the air-conditioning blowing, the scripture suddenly popped into my head:
      "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these, my brethren, so ye have done it unto me."
      I reached down into my purse and extracted a ten-dollar bill.
      My twelve-year old son, Nick knew right away what I was doing.
      "Can I take it to him, Mom?"
      "Be careful, honey." I warned and handed him the money.  I watched in the mirror as he rushed over to the man, and with a shy smile, handed it to him.  I saw the man, startled, stand and take the money, putting it into his back pocket.
      "Good," I thought to myself, "now he will at least have a hot meal tonight."
      I felt satisfied, proud of myself.  I had made a sacrifice and now I could go on with my errands.  When Nick got back into the car, he looked at me with sad, pleading eyes.
      "Mom, his dog looks so hot and the man is really nice."
      I knew I had to do more.  "Go back and tell him to stay there, that we will be back in fifteen minutes," I told Nick.
      He bounded out of the car and ran to tell the tattooed stranger.
      We then ran to the nearest store and bought our gifts carefully.
      "It can't be too heavy," I explained to the children.  "He has to be able to carry it around with him."
      We finally settled on our purchases.  A bag of "Ol' Roy" (I hoped it was good - it looked good enough for me to eat!  How do they make dog food look that way?); a flavored chew-toy shaped like a bone; a water dish, bacon flavor snacks (for the dog); two bottles of water (one for the dog, one for Mr.  Tattoos); and some people snacks for the man.
      We rushed back to the spot where we had left him, and there he was, still waiting.  And still nobody else was stopping for him.  With hands shaking, I grabbed our bags and climbed out of the car, all four of my children following me, each carrying gifts.
      As we walked up to him, I had a fleeting moment of fear, hoping he wasn't a serial killer.  I looked into his eyes and saw something that startled me and made me ashamed of my judgment.  I saw tears.
      He was fighting like a little boy to hold back his tears.  How long had it been since someone showed this man kindness?  I told him I hoped it wasn't too heavy for him to carry and showed him what we had brought.  He stood there, like a child at Christmas, and I felt like my small contributions were so inadequate.
      When I took out the water dish, he snatched it out of my hands as if it were solid gold and told me he had had no way to give his dog water.  He gingerly set it down, filled it with the bottled water we brought, and stood up to look directly into my eyes.

      His were so blue, so intense and my own filled with tears as he said:  "Ma'am, I don't know what to say."
      He then put both hands on his bandanna-clad head and just started to cry.  This man, this "scary" man, was so gentle, so sweet, so humble.
      I smiled through my tears and said: "Don't say anything."
      Then I noticed the tattoo on his neck.  It said "Mama tried." As we all piled into the van and drove away, he was on his knees, arms around his dog, kissing his nose and smiling.  I waved cheerfully and then fully broke down in tears.
      I have so much.  My worries seem so trivial and petty now.  I have a home, a loving husband, and four beautiful children.  I have a bed.  I wondered where he would sleep tonight.
      My stepdaughter, Brandie turned to me and said in the sweetest little - girl voice, "I feel so good." Although it seemed as if we had helped him, the man with the tattoos gave us a gift that I will never forget.
      He taught that no matter what the outside looks like, inside each of us is a human being deserving of kindness, of compassion, of acceptance.  He opened my heart.  Tonight and every night I will pray for the gentle man with the tattoos and his dog.  And I will hope that God will send more people like him into my life to remind me what's really important.

      Written by Susan Fahncke whose website is www.2TheHeart.com where one can subscribe to beautiful daily stories written by her and other compassionate, caring authors.

      Sniff! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

      Kaye

    • Freefrom
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
        Hi Kaye,

        I found your post to be very touching. So much of eckankult
        was all about this eck detached love, certainly devoid of feelings and
        therefore compasion and empathy. Eckankar is an egocentric religion.
        Quite often, I find myself overlooking a theology or religious
        viewpoint that I may disagree with when I observe that the people
        involved have heart. Actions speak louder than words. This is one area
        that is a crossover for all the external trappiings and dogma that are
        on the surface. I rarely see this in eckankar though. This world is
        just an "ash can" and the goal is to escape it, according to eck
        doctrin as stated by Klemp and the other fake "masters". Sometimes I
        see this exhibited in the ex-eckists who complain about those who
        suposedly don't "move on, or forward". I wonder what they would say
        about Hitler and the Holocaust and the movie Schindler's List, etc..
        There are a lot of people who aggressively attempt to educate each new
        generation about the good and the bad in history. They want the truth
        to be told, and in some ways, it is a good thing to NOT forget certain
        atrocities, yet we can heal from and learn from these experiences.
        THere is a fundamentalism, both in organized religion and some of the
        New Age religions that puts a guilt trip on those who would attempt to
        learn and grow from their experiences, and then to pass this learning
        on to others, especially the youth. What eckankar does to their youth,
        just encourages denial and delusion, IMHO.

        Best Wishes!

        Freefrom

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, kaye
        <eyesopen444@...> wrote:

> [...]
        I wondered where he would sleep tonight.

        > My stepdaughter, Brandie turned to me and said in the sweetest
        little - girl voice, "I feel so good." Although it seemed as if we had
        helped him, the man with the tattoos gave us a gift that I will never
        forget.

        > He taught that no matter what the outside looks like, inside each
        of us is a human being deserving of kindness, of compassion, of
        acceptance. He opened my heart. Tonight and every night I will pray
        for the gentle man with the tattoos and his dog. And I will hope that
        God will send more people like him into my life to remind me what's
        really important.

        > Written by Susan Fahncke whose website is www.2TheHeart.com where
        one can subscribe to beautiful daily stories written by her and other
        compassionate, caring authors.

        > Sniff! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

        Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2006
          Hi, Kaye!

          I sort of remember this eck story and some others in which the
          godman Klemp made it clear to chelas that they should not take legal
          action against those who caused some serious harm. It seemed like a
          narrow view of such injurious events in that, as you point out,
          without correction other people could also suffer at the hands of
          the "karmic" actions of inept individuals. I think Klemp paid too
          much attention to that book he recommended so often by Richard
          Maybury called "What Ever Happened to Justice." In addition, I am
          sure that Klemp did not like to be involved in law suits in general,
          even the one eckankar brought against David Lane, and the one with
          Darwin Gross. Lawsuits do tend to dredge up a lot of dirt and can be
          very time consuming! Isn't it interesting, though, how many books
          Klemp recommends such as in law, healing and health. He has no
          original ideas really, including the chela stories he recycles and
          recycles.

          I enjoyed the Tatooed Stranger Story! : )

          Mish