Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 368

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2006
      Hi Everyone!

      Ohmigod, I didn't remember that Atlantis monkey people
      stuff!! What a hoot!! It reminded me of something
      very odd I'd read in the early years and would *love*
      to find again - a paragraph or so where Twitch writes
      something about how "soul" may not be correctly
      attached to the body or something, some weird stuff
      about heads hanging from people's shoulders or
      something...I'm not quite sure, but maybe someone else
      is familiar with something like this and knows where I
      can find it again?

      Interesting how "true, necessary, kind" is attributed
      to the "shariyat" when we now know that was lifted
      from Buddha, thank you for whoever here found that and
      posted it here!!

      Right now, after being "out" for almost 8 years, it
      all looks *so* ridiculous!! Liz, like you, after I
      left I really immersed myself in the "teachings" and
      was horrified! How could I have failed to see what
      was so obvious - that it was a bunch of convoluted
      nonsense!! I guess I was seeing what I wanted to see,
      and ignoring the rest. But one thing I vaguely
      remembered when I went to a.r.e., the memory of the
      word "infiltrate" in one of the books. I found it
      again in Letters to a Chela when they took that series
      off the discourse list & made it a book that was
      available for a short time - I can't believe I was so
      blinded that I didn't quit the cult immediately, and
      didn't see what was *so* clear! (Most of LC can be
      seen at
      http://forums.delphiforums.com/eckankartruth/ or in
      the a.r.e. archives at: http://tinyurl.com/8ow4x )

      And I'd remembered how I thought Twitch's "Wisdom
      Notes" was really excellent. Well, when I looked at
      it again, it looked *so* different! I've got a
      couple chapters in the files at ET - as well as
      something else you might find interesting that's not
      anywhere else on the internet, the "long" version of
      "Gunnar's Critique".

      I've been talking about the new website for years now,
      and I'm now on the verge of actually sitting down and
      doing it. After all that total immersion & taking a
      second look at all the e-crap, I sort of took a few
      years "off" mostly, and it's going to be like starting
      all over because I'm not as quickly familiar with all
      the eckbooks I was working with & quoting from. For
      awhile, I was *so* good at quickly finding the
      appropriate quotes for just about everything! Problem
      is, not only is it no longer the least bit
      interesting, it's quite distasteful. And I feel like
      a complete total idiot for falling for it, and
      blinding myself to that truth that was right in front
      of me - that Twitch was a wacko and it all went even
      more downhill from there. <gg>

      And the thing is, along with the good stuff he
      plagiarized, there was always enough "real truth"
      right there in plain black and white, those little
      things that didn't quite set right but I ignored them,
      put them on the shelf. Things like his zapping the
      credit card company that demanded payment from him;
      the "hu" put them out of business. His jealous angry
      rants about so many things. It was *so* obvious that
      he certainly wasn't anything like either the "masters"
      he wrote about and claimed to be!!

      And it *did* bother me all those years, Klemp's
      bitchin' & complaining about the chelas. I paid close
      attention to make sure I wasn't doing any of that
      "bad" stuff, but sometimes I felt damned annoyed to
      have to waste my time reading all that whining,
      because they did *not* pertain to me at all!! And I
      wondered how they could apply to other eckists,
      especially HIs! It just seemed like all that stuff
      about how eckists had been thru all those past lives
      and learned so much in order to have earned their way
      into e-kult couldn't be true, because they were still
      having so many problems with things I think generally
      people learn (or *should* learn) when they're kids,
      you know?

      Gawd, I just *dread* having to sit down with all the
      eckancrap and start going through it again!! Not
      just all the books & discourses I've already seen, but
      a lot of old tapes, old "Eck World News", and a whole
      pile of other old stuff people have sent me since I
      left. Including some stuff that looks interesting
      from the "Darwingate" period.

      It all just seems so silly and absolutely ridiculous
      now, a far-off bad memory. But, it *is* very real,
      and continues to deceive and hurt people. And that's
      just not right.

      Well, don't know if I've made much sense, just sitting
      here waking up on this nice cool rainy day, and
      writing a little "ramble" here falls somewhere between
      doing some *real* work and totally "goofing off" with
      FreeCell. <gg> Been busy lately, just found homes
      for 7 of 9 kittens - it's been fun watching their
      antics!! Huge birthday bash for my Codybear's 2nd
      birthday, and my oldest grandson is getting married
      next week!!

      "Real" life is just *so* good now, without the
      eckancrap!!! Part of me will always be sad about all
      those foggy lost years in the cult, where everything
      was backwards and one big illusion, actually!

      Gotta go, have a great weekend, everyone!

      Hugs,

      Sharon