Rod of Eck Power vs. Staff of Eck Love

  • Gnothe Seauton
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2006
      Hello,
      This post got me to thinking about some Eckie things. First, I
      always thought it strange that a 12th Initiate LEM could demote a
      14th Initiate Mahanta. [Forward from eckankartruth]

      How does Klemp's "legal" move work within Sugmad's "Spiritual
      Hierarchy?" Also, Gross Did Not change into a "Black Magician"
      overnight! It more than likely took place during the time he gave
      Klemp all of his High Initiations - especially the 12th as LEM!
      Therefore, Klemp was Not initiated into the Vairagi Order by a valid
      Living Eck Master, but into the agency of the Kal! This explains the
      lack of empathy (love and tolerance) by Klemp and his twisted "Eck"
      (Kal) Vahanas.

      So, back to the Rod versus the Staff. Twitchell invented the ROD of
      Eck Power. However, I find it curious that he needed to invent a ROD
      for POWER (nlp?)! Have you ever heard the old saying of, 'spare the
      rod and spoil the child?' RODS were used to spank and whip people
      and animals, whereas, a STAFF could be used for support or to guide
      or to "hook" a wandering lamb around its neck to pull it from danger.

      Yes, this eck "rod" thing seems to be a pretext for pretending "as
      if" one is guilty and unworthy and, therfore, needs to be punished.
      There is definitely a master/pupil or master/servant thing going on
      with Eckists and perhaps the "ROD" is a symbol to indicate that
      Eckists must become passive flagellants. In flagellation pain and
      pleasure are mingled. Therefore, there is a desire for pain and
      suffering in a hierarchy of dominant and submissive relationships
      within the Eckankar ranks. Lower initiates, especially, become the
      spankee of the Powerful ROD that Klemp holds. They then create a
      variety of fantasy senarios that some people enjoy as master/pupil,
      master/servant, and then reverse the roles in their minds. This is
      why some people will always rationalize and never relinquish their
      pedestals. They live an "inner" life of their own choosing.

      Anyway, Twitchell was on a Power trip. He valued Power over Love and
      this is why he made his threats and warnings to chelas. There is no
      support (only negativity) for those who have lost their "faith" in
      their religion or the LEM/Mahanta. Klemp has followed the same
      unloving behavior, as other Kal agents, while saying otherwise in
      the Eck PR brochures. Some people talk of Love, but talk is cheap
      for them. They think that they "know" better and claim to be loving
      but they have No "real" knowledge or empathy. Give them enough rope
      and they hang themselves everytime! LOL!

      Hope you didn't mind the POV.

      Prometheus

      tomleafeater wrote:

      Someone at A.R.E asked:

      Does Darwin Gross still hold Eckankar's "Rod of Power"?
      I've been informed that he refused to return it after the office
      decided to can him.

      Darwin Gross has made the statement that he has reclaimed the so-
      called Rod of Power from Klemp, as I recall having read.

      Of course, Klemp denies this, and believes that he still holds it.

      So, what we have is two masters who CLAIM to hold the Rod of Power,
      and yet, according to Eckankar doctrine, there can be only one.
      Darwin Gross was appointed by Gale Twitchell after Paul Twitchell's
      death. Klemp was appointed by Darwin Gross, and then Gross was
      summarily kicked out of Eckankar by the less than grateful Klemp.

      Who does one believe? One master, Gross, is a person alleged to have
      been addicted to pain meds and was accused of being a womanizer, and
      Klemp is a person whose health has been in question. Some Rod of
      Power!

      Paul Twitchell was appointed by himself, unless one believes his
      claims that Rebazar, whom no one can prove even exists, appointed
      Paul.

      The spectre of Masters fighting amongst themselves over Power paints
      a pretty picture of enlightenment, don't you think? Fighting over
      the Power as if it were a cache of gold....my, my.

      The Rod of Power is said to be pure spirit. Can anyone truly possess
      such a thing as if it were property? Can Spirit be transferred, as a
      kind of noble title? This is nonsense.

      The real question is, does the Rod of Power exist? I would say it
      does not exist as defined by Eckankar doctrine. We all have the Rod
      of Power. It is our own being, our own selves as microcosms within
      the macrocosm.

      Let them fight over the scraps of power if they choose. Meanwhile,
      enjoy life with the realization that the real spiritual power is in
      everyone. No need to fight over it. There is enough to go around for
      all of us. It IS who we are.

      Tianyue

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2006
        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Gnothe Seauton
        <prometheus_973@...> wrote:

        >Twitchell invented the ROD of Eck Power. However, I find it curious
        that he needed to invent a ROD for POWER (nlp?)!

        *** Thought I would post something to go along with what Prometheus
        wrote concerning the Rod of Eck Power. And also to re-address Klemp's
        EMR illness, and who he claims caused it. ;-)

        Klemp writes:
        "It is surprising that some ECK initiates never make a connection
        between the Master's physical illness and their own spiritual
        unfoldment. They think, Why is he sick? Karma? How many fail to
        consider that an intense trial of spiritual purification among the
        chelas and people everywhere goes first through the universal body of
        the Mahanta. Those effects naturally show up in the Master's life as
        health or other reverses." - Harold Klemp, H.I. Letter, March 1996

        (Me) So basically it is the Eck Chela's fault for why Klemp is so
        ill. (Klemp claims to be the holding tank for the Karma of the entire
        Universe)

        Paul Twitchell writes:
        "No master will ever take over the karma of anyone. He knows better
        for it will destroy his own health and drive him into despair." - All
        About ECK, page 43, Paul Twitchell

        Klemp writes:
        "The Rod of ECK Power gets too hot to handle beyond the time of your
        mission and you have to let it go. Darwin had to let it go. Or the
        Rod of ECK Power will burn you to a crisp. That means your health
        will go to destruction. He (Darwin Gross) had to pass it. When my
        time comes I have to pass it." - Harold Klemp, Eck H.I. Meeting, 1983
        World Wide Of Eck, Los Angeles, California

        (Me) So hey, I better mention where I found these quotes and add the
        link just in case anyone might like to read more:

        http://members.tripod.com/~dlane5/eckdirectory.html

        And to give credit to the person that did the original research on
        the above quotes, you can find more from *Raphael* in the above link,
        nearly all the way down the page to where it says "HAROLD KLEMP
        UNDER ANALYSIS".

        Have a good weekend everyone!
        Liz